+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: 8/11 Show Finale Thread ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/11 Show Finale Thread ***Spoilers***

Melanie got 47% of the vote. Sasha got 32%.

Didn't have to tune in or spoil myself to know she won. She truly deserves it and am glad the right person won but definition of anti-climatic. I think all of us knew she was the winner or at least finalist from the first couple episodes alone.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw "Total Eclipse of the Heart" with Melanie and Neil. It was so beautiful that I'm actually in tears. So glad she won - she deserved it!
    Last edited by AZChristian; 08-11-2011 at 10:55 PM. Reason: Can't spell.
    Little Sew&Sew, Doats and Katydyd like this.

No surprise about the results. I'm so happy for Melanie, she truly deserved it. Kudos to Nigel for slamming those dancers in the NYT. There were some gorgeous routines this season and some wonderfully talented dancers who all deserve success.

Speaking of which, yeah, I was put off by Nigel's earlier comments, too. I honestly don't think it made much of a difference, though. Melanie was pretty much anointed the winner last week, if not before. Her only real competition was Sasha, and as the numbers showed even that wasn't particularly close. Also, as somebody pointed out, it could have gone the other way. If Nigel had said that on AI, everybody would have flocked out to vote for that person.

Overall, loved seeing the dances again. I'm so glad they let Kat choose and that she chose the circus routine. I cried, too. It was my favorite group routine of the season. My second favorite was the red door, so I was glad to see it.

I have to say, though, that I didn't like Lil C's choices. The geishas? And the hummingbirds? Really?

Did anybody record this show? If so, could you PM me? I would love to get a copy so I can watch these routines again. I didn't think about recording it until it was too late.
    Last edited by Babbred; 08-12-2011 at 12:22 AM. Reason: I forgot
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

So happy for Melanie! Although I think any of the top four would have deserved a win, she was exceptional. And I know I sound like a broken record, but I'm glad the girl who isn't a size 0 won. It's sends such a positive message to the young fans of the show.

If there were a prize for most personality...Tadd would take it. He's so adorable. And I loved seeing Another One Bites Dust again. That was honestly one of my favorite pieces this season.

I am shocked that Nigel didn't choose a partner dance with Ryan. But I'm happy I didn't have to watch them kiss her ass anymore.
    Babbred likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

Terrific Showcase! I really enjoyed seeing the routines again - and the tap number with the UK winner was outstanding. However, I do believe little Jess out-tapped the two string beans.

Melanie was destined and she fulfilled. Sasha is a beautiful dancer, but hadn't quite reached the emotional level of dance that Melanie displayed. Terrific first year for me, and a terrific conclusion. and I'm typing terrific too much.
    AZChristian likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    "Return to Stone," danced by Melanie and Marko is Mary's request to see again. Beautiful piece.
    I really loved this routine the first time and it was also danced beautifully last night, but I think it lost a little of it's magic because they weren't covered in the white make-up as they were the first time that made them look more like the statues they were portraying .

Yay! Melanie won! I was so glad she won as she was the best.

My favorite dance the whoe season was the tap routine last night. Tap is one of my favorite dance styles. I didn't know Jess tapped but thinking about it...most broadway dancers at least know the basics of tapp. BUT he really slammed it last night. It would have been great to see him and the other guy do a tapp routine during the season.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

Next year is going to be a hard one. The top four were so good and likeable. It will be difficult to top them. I would have been happy with any of them winning. I kept going back and forth from Sasha to Melanie as my favorites, they were both so good.

The finale and the results show FINALLY lived up to the promises of the audition and Hollywood weeks. I wish the choreographers had been this on the whole season and not just at the very end.
    sparklete likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Did anybody record this show? If so, could you PM me? I would love to get a copy so I can watch these routines again. I didn't think about recording it until it was too late.
    When I miss a reality show, I check online to see if someone uploaded it. YouTube most often has the episode I'm looking for. I can't access Hulu at work but they're another good choice. I've had hit and miss luck with videobb. Sometimes I find the episode, other times I just get links to websites you have to sign up for to watch the video.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast