+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 8/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Bloomers View Post
    Melanie's chunky little body is all muscle..
    Nah, she has some jiggle. You can really see it in her face. But I think she's still got that 'baby fat' thing going on. That said...that's one of the things that makes me love her so much. She's not a perfect size 2 but she dances like she's light as a feather. Plus...I like the message she sends out to the young viewers....you don't have to be a size 2 to be beautiful.
    Little Sew&Sew likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Disappointing show overall. I honestly think they give the F4 far too many routines and it shows. The routines end up either being too simple or not executed as well as they could be. If you want the F4 to dance with each other, do ONE group routine with each having moments in the spotlight and dancing with one another. Simple.

Cha Cha, stepping, Broadway/Lola, and disco were the worst ones. The only disco I've ever liked was Sara and Neil's from season 3. Sharp and fun.

I liked the routines with Melanie/Tadd (shoes flying off) and Sasha and Mark (yay Mark!! can he be a regular? LOL). The housewives one irritated me...I think I'm going to have to watch again...but it certainly didn't move me in any way.

Final thoughts? I still think Melanie has the best total package. Sasha could be 2nd, but one of the guys could sneak in. I'll say it - Marko's solo's are gorgeous, but his partnered routines? not so much, he doesn't connect well. Tadd is a MUCH better partner, especially with Melanie - his 2 routines with her were great.
    JavaJo likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

And btw...what is going on with the choreographers?? Although it's nice to see some new faces, so many of the routines, esp. contemp, are SO negative/dark. Once in awhile is fine and enjoyable. But this season, there has been a real lack of uplifting/positive routines. They're all about dysfunctional relationships in some way. Sonja, who I used to love, is now irritating me. She's a single note. No real variety - just variations on the same theme over and over.

Now Wade. ahh...I miss him so much! I just rewatched The Hummingbird (Hok & Jaime), several of his group routines, . Wow..interesting choreo and no implied abuse. how refreshing!
    Quemoni likes this.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

Agreeing with most concerning the finale...definately a "lackluster" show such a shame for the end of the season. I think the choreographers are trying too hard to "showcase" their own talents and not allowing the dancers to shine, it seems to be all about "The Emmy nod"...

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie View Post
    Ok, there were some great moments but overall I was underwhelmed by this finale.

Melanie for the win!

Katie Holmes = worst guest judge ever... she was useless to me - she kept looking down at her notes and still didn't say anything of value - horrible. Sorry Katie, you seem like a sweet girl but... epic fail.
    Yeah, I agree on all points. I am glad I DVR'd it so I could just fast forward. Very underwhelming finale. Since when is Katie Holmes a dancing expert?

I do hope Melanie wins. Despite an underwhelming finale, she has been the most consistent throughout the season. And really is the best dancer.

Kind of surprised that the choreography wasn't better.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Nah, she has some jiggle. You can really see it in her face. But I think she's still got that 'baby fat' thing going on. That said...that's one of the things that makes me love her so much. She's not a perfect size 2 but she dances like she's light as a feather. Plus...I like the message she sends out to the young viewers....you don't have to be a size 2 to be beautiful.
    She also ( at times) has this slight( very slight) androgynous body.When she dances, she sometimes looks more male. It never bothers me, I love her.Tomboyish beauty, quite the dancer, and I can see her in dirty dancing! the remake

Quote Originally Posted by Gala62 View Post
    And btw...what is going on with the choreographers?? Although it's nice to see some new faces, so many of the routines, esp. contemp, are SO negative/dark. Once in awhile is fine and enjoyable. But this season, there has been a real lack of uplifting/positive routines. They're all about dysfunctional relationships in some way. Sonja, who I used to love, is now irritating me. She's a single note. No real variety - just variations on the same theme over and over.

Now Wade. ahh...I miss him so much! I just rewatched The Hummingbird (Hok & Jaime), several of his group routines, . Wow..interesting choreo and no implied abuse. how refreshing!
    I'm glad I'm not the only thinking this. Gads, I've also been thinking the same thing for much of the season. Why does every relationship dance have to be a broken relationship? Couldn't we see two people in love and enjoying it? That's why I just loved that Sasha/Twitch number. It was so fun seeing a couple who wanted to come together, not push each other away.

Those poor dancers. They must have been ready to drop by the time the show was over. Four routines really was too much. I took extensive notes but I don't even care anymore because nothing really jumped out at me. The ones I remember are for the wrong reason: the disco and the cha-cha were just bad. Everything else is just a blur.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Just wanted to say....not only learn and dance 4 new routines they had to fit in time to rehearse for the results show too. Way to much IMO.
    "Where you are today is where your mind put you. Where you'll be tomorrow is where your mind puts you." Billy Banks

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456