+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 8/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Ok...I like Katie Holmes but wow. She was really bad at judging and didn't really offer a single thing. And what is up with her teeth? They looked really weird.

Underwhelming. The only word I can think of to describe tonights show. There were no outstanding performances. Strange for a finale. Even the solo's were lackluster. Although I do like how Tadd draws the audience in every time he performs one. He flirts, winks, etc. It's cute. Like he's dancing for US.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    Could be just me but I've never liked Doriana's choreography. I could be very wrong but I can't remember a time when the judges have gushed over one of her disco numbers. Again, just my opinion and taste.

I will agree that Melanie and Marko did not execute well.
    I totally agree. I've seen her disco routines on the show before and I'm not impressed. She seems to think faster is better and she repeats a lot of the same moves. If she would slow down the tempo a bit, she could put more of the intricate steps and moves that disco is known for.

I was so excited to see Mark again!!! I wish I could vote for him this week. lolololol!

I thought it was so funny that a few weeks ago I mentioned that I'd like to see Kenny Ortega as a choreographer on the show. We didn't get him as a choreographer but at least we did get him as a guest judge!

Watching the performance summaries tonight (I missed a couple of the routines) I would say that they were all suffering from fatigue. I mean four routines (I don't know if that includes the solos or not - and did they do an opening routine?), in one night is very exhausting. While yes, they will have to do more dances on the tour, I can only imagine how this was on them.

That said, overall.... I really do think it will be Melanie or Sasha winning tomorrow. I don't think either guy will win -neither IMHO had strong routines tonight. Melanie and Sasha had at least the "housewives" routine that was strong, though a little confusing. Just seeing the two be able to pick each other up and move them around is amazing - they are very strong and powerful dancers.

Admittedly I didn't see the whole disco routine, but what little I saw I actually liked it. But all the routines were overall good, just not executed well.

I take it back... the stomp routine IMHO was the worst. They were out of sync.

It was underwhelming for me tonight, except for Melanie.I think she should win, if not her Marko

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni View Post
    Is it me or was this one of the worst finales?? I mean what happened? Two weeks ago..all the routines were practically flawless. But, tonight...all had one routine and solo they nailed in their own style (except for Tadd). The girls duo was their saving grace.

Fatigue? Choreo? No Allstars?
    I think fatigue, they expect too much from them. They had to dance with one another AND do a solo. too much and too long.I think Katie Holmes is sweetie, she said on ET that she would just say I think you are great, and thats what she said.LOL .Kenny as a judge is very good, but lordy he goes on a bit too much.I think my favourite part tonight was when Cat sat and chatted with them, you realise they are so young with great futures.

The Melanie/Sasha duet was the standout for me. The acting was superb as was the flow of the dance. It called for restrained longing and they brought it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by tango7 View Post
    Am I the only one who thinks Melanie is a little chunky? Okay, she’s a great dancer but, I dunno, maybe muscular. Not that she’s out of shape.
    I see this too and it is just her body type. She is clearly in the best shape she could attain and a good weight. You cannot fight genetics.

She is the clear favorite and winner. No surprises tomorrow. Sasha is my favorite but I think she will come in second. Both of these women will have good careers in dance ahead of them.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Clearly not one of the best finales. Strange, usually the finales have some memorable routines.
    Two Princes anyone?? Sexy Back???

And looking back at the season, there are not very many stand out dances for me...
    I still remember many dances from other seasons... was the choreography just not as good this year?
    I don't think it was the dancers. Thoughts???

Also where is Adam Shankman?
    I was so hoping he would be one of the judges this week - he would have been much better than Katie Holmes.

Not expecting any surprises tonight...

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    I see this too and it is just her body type. She is clearly in the best shape she could attain and a good weight. You cannot fight genetics.

She is the clear favorite and winner. No surprises tomorrow. Sasha is my favorite but I think she will come in second. Both of these women will have good careers in dance ahead of them.
    Melanie's chunky little body is all muscle. It is her body type, and there is nothing she can do about it. She dances exquistedly with it, and my guess is that her future professional choreographers will costume her to her best advantage.

The fans occasionally vote for the surprise winner on American Idol. I am not totally discounting the idea that Sasha pulls off the surprise win tonight. She is a gritty, powerful, beautiful, multi-talented dancer, and I think that the inner storms that are in her may be speaking to the inner storms that are going on in a lot of people right now in our world here in the U. S. - or at least that is what I think.
    Shoepie likes this.
    If grace is an ocean, we're all drowning.

- John McMillan

Based on last nights performances Melanie is the clear winner--even given the funky disco dance of death. Marko is a great dancer but depends on his partner to bring out the best. He will grow over the next year! Tadd is an entertainer who I will watch over and over! Love him! Sasha was a let down last night. She is a beautiful dancer in her style but showed last night that she has weaknesses in areas she shouldn't if she is going to be crowned the winner.

Can't wait for the tour! Already have my tickets!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast