Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 8/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 8/10 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Nigel: "Right from the beginning, I thought a girl will win."

He said this to Marko and Tadd.

Ouch!

Finally watching...just found out from Judge comment that Sasha battling an injury - that's a shame...must have been a tough week for her.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Just saw Sasha and Mark here in AZ. Another violent male/female dance. Not my favorite style.

Umm, the comedy boxer routine. I was all pumped up in the beginning. The shoe throw and the music...but then it deflated for me. It wasn't believable. I zoned out and started thinking Twitch-with-the-sucker-in-his-mouth-doorframe routine. Melanie overacted or underacted in some parts. Perhaps, it was the I'm sexy mad but making it funny requirement. Tadd..played his goofy role but she didn't really seem mad. Melanie.....errr...looked like she wanted to burst out laughing so she refused to look him in the eyes. Perhaps, that was supposed to be her character. You make me so mad you goofball but I love you anyway. I don't know. I have to watch it again but I was disappointed.

The housewives duet. I'm still processing the choreo because I didn't get it. Once they stopped dancing, I was left with a pit in my stomach. The storyline replayed in my mind like a flashback. The ladies performed a story that I'm still reading. Beautiful execution. That was deep.

Oh my the execution of that step routine was HORRIBLE! That was an utter mess. I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and blame it on fatigue.
    Last edited by Quemoni; 08-10-2011 at 10:26 PM.

Ok, there were some great moments but overall I was underwhelmed by this finale.

Disco is rarely great on this show... wish they wouldn't have it in the finale.
    Cha Cha was bad!
    The routines with the All Stars were the stronger ones - Joshua is AMAZING and outdanced Tadd, but then Tadd outdance Marko in Stepping - why didn't any of the judges say that?? Loved Sasha with Mark, loved Marko with Lauren, Loved Melanie with Robert - Melanie for the win!

Katie Holmes = worst guest judge ever... she was useless to me - she kept looking down at her notes and still didn't say anything of value - horrible. Sorry Katie, you seem like a sweet girl but... epic fail.
    Love me some SYTYCD All-Stars!

This has been the worst finale I've ever seen. Most of this season has been a bore for me, haven't made it through an entire eposode this season. At this point, I don't care who wins.

Is it me or was this one of the worst finales?? I mean what happened? Two weeks ago..all the routines were practically flawless. But, tonight...all had one routine and solo they nailed in their own style (except for Tadd). The girls duo was their saving grace.

Fatigue? Choreo? No Allstars?

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie View Post
    Ok, there were some great moments but overall I was underwhelmed by this finale.

Disco is rarely great on this show... wish they wouldn't have it in the finale.
    Cha Cha was bad!
    The routines with the All Stars were the stronger ones - Joshua is AMAZING and outdanced Tadd, but then Tadd outdance Marko in Stepping - why didn't any of the judges say that?? Loved Sasha with Mark, loved Marko with Lauren, Loved Melanie with Robert - Melanie for the win!

Katie Holmes = worst guest judge ever... she was useless to me - she kept looking down at her notes and still didn't say anything of value - horrible. Sorry Katie, you seem like a sweet girl but... epic fail.
    You took the words right off of my fingertips!

I'm for Melanie or Sasha. I think either of them are deserving and both are even steven as far as ability. Their techniques are just different. I wanted a showdown but all I got was a let down. This finale did not reveal a victor of the two.

I jus finished watching and wanted to throw some random thoughts out.

I thought by far the best routine of the night was Marko and Lauren's contemporary. I don't remember seeing this choreographer before, but that routine was interesting and extremely well executed!! Runner up would be Sasha and Mark's Sonya routine. Sasha couldn't have gotten luckier than getting the Sonya-Mark combo.

The worst routines were Sasha and Tadd's cha cha. It was just not good. I also reallllllly disliked that stepping number at the end. I couldn't believe the judges were giving it good feedback. It was terrible! I really like Marko, but he was just all over the place in this one. Even with that said, I thought it was really rude of Nigel to tell them in his review that he thought a girl would win. It may be true, but that was unnessecary.

I didn't think Melanie got the greatest routines tonight. However, her solos are definitely the best I have seen from a girl on this show. I always an left wishing she could have kept going when her time runs out. I hope she wins tomorrow!

ETA - I have to agree that Katie Holmes is a worthless judge. I hope to never see her again on this show.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I think Katie Holmes should go on Dancing with the Stars and be partnered with Mark Ballas. Can't scrape any lower into the barrel than that. She's useless as a judge, he's useless as a choreographer.

I agree - pretty lackluster show. Most of the dancers just seemed physically exhausted. Melanie for the win!!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast