+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 8/4 Results Show ***Spoilers***

Re: 8/4 Results Show ***Spoilers***

Actually Lauren and Dom's dance from last season was my second favorite (If I Was a Boy)! I knew the kiss was staged- but last year it seemed like a nice, sweet kiss and this year it looked a little more "hot" (for lack of a better word)! Either way I just enjoyed the whole dance.

To the Point

Really want to see Melanie win this thing. The rest would fall Marko, Tadd, Sasha. I enjoy Sasha but I just feel there is something missing and I'm not quite sure what that something is. I would have been happy with any of the boys. I just think that Ricky suffered from being paired with Ryan in the beginning.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm thrilled that Marko and Melanie are in the finale. They were my top favorites from the very beginning. I loved both of their auditions even Tadd has really impressed me very much this season and I'm very pleased he made it to the finale.

As for Sasha... I have not liked her from the beginning. I did not care for her personality at all during the auditions. I didn't care for how she came across each and every time she opened her mouth. I never thought she was even a very good dancer. I will admit her dancing has definitely grown on me and at this point I do feel she IS a very very good dancer. That being said, however, I just do not care for her one bit and I would much prefer Melanie or Marko end up the winner.

As much as I do like Tadd and feel he has grown tremendously this season and surprised a whole lot of folks this season, I do not think he should be the winner. He's got a great career ahead of him though. Heck, they all do!

So happy to hear Robert AND Mark will be the All-Stars next week. I was so happy about that that I didn't even hear who the two female All-Stars will be! LOL!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    The highlight for me was seeing Kent and Lauren do the "Collide" routine again. I think it was my favorite of last season- so simple and powerful. The series of 'rolls' on the floor at the beginning of the piece were perfectly in sync- just awesome. And I think they may have enjoyed the ending kiss a teeny bit more this year as well-. Loved it!
    I second that. I had to watch that routine twice... and it was amazing both times. Lauren and Kent were amazing together.

To me, Tadd is the best b-boy they have ever had on the show. Dominic and Legacy were both awesome in their style... and they both adapted to other styles very well... but imo Tadd has been phenomenal in the other styles. Congrats Tadd! Great job.

It looks like Melanie has this in the bag... if someone else wins next week I would be VERY surprised.
    Last edited by jmb; 08-05-2011 at 11:46 AM.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

No surprises about the F4. I hope Melanie wins. I also hope that Marko comes in ahead of Tadd, but that's a close one. Tadd has been so good at learning all these different styles that I wouldn't mind if he's the last guy standing. Sasha dances well, but I agree with you, Marlena, that she has just not appealed to me.

I thought the Bad Boys did pretty well. However, since they were dancing to music from "Tron," I wish they had turned down the lights and made the dancers glow in the dark.

(sigh) I see that Nigel & co are still trying to push Pia on us. Sorry, but I didn't like her on AI and nothing has changed my opinion since. I turned down the volume last night during her performace because I wasn't going to let TPTB patronize me like that.
    pikachu likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Babbred: I agree with you about Pia. I didn't think she was all that on American Idol and her performance on SYTYCD didn't appeal to me. She's ok but I think I could sing as well as she could. There's nothing special about her.

My taste isn't in step with the mainstream, though. I'm not fond of Katy Perry, Taylor Swift or Adele. When I hear any of their songs on the radio, I turn the channel. I'd rather listen to music from the 70's or 80's than today's music.
    NFL1 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Me too Pikachu, Pia was so pimped and I didn't get it - big voice, no emotion or anything "special" - it's one thing to hit notes, it's another to get others to feel the vibe you give when singing.

Whoo hoo! Looks like we're in the same club!

I can't stand Katy Perry and Swift does nothing for me.

I have to confess, though, that I do like Adele.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

For some strange reason, I love Katy Perry. She has that je ne sais qua... in terms of her FACE. She just has, to me, this very striking look to her. It gets me to listen to her music. It doesn't hurt that I'm a huge fan of her husband Russell Brand - who my 18 year old daughter truly abhors I have read some very unflattering, diva-ish stuff about Katy so I can't say that I like *her* but her face just captivates me. Maybe it's her huge eye? Not sure.

And Adele? Oh wow, love her voice!!!!!

I was not a Pia fan on AI... she bored me thoroughly. And last night I was not wow'd by her performance. She's a nice looking girl and she can definitely sing, but I'm just not a fan.

I'm over the moon that Robert AND Mark will be on SYTYCD next week.
    Shoepie and JavaJo like this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Katy Perry is very pretty and I like her personality. I just think her songs are overrated. They're pretty simple and boring.

And Taylor Swift churns out one crappy high school ballad after another. I'm sure it's fascinating stuff if you're still in high school but it's of no interest to me. My high school years were pretty awful so I don't want to revisit them!

The one song of Adele's they keep playing on the radio reminds me of the stupid Black Horse and Cherry Tree song. Everyone just loved that song and I couldn't stand it.

I'm so excited to see Mark again!!!!! He's such an incredible performer.
    Last edited by pikachu; 08-05-2011 at 07:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast