+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: 8/3 Show ***Spoilers***

Re: 8/3 Show ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    Christina and Mary (who is appears to be wearing a bad hair extension) loved the piece and Sasha. Nigel says "Tyce is at his creative best in this routine. Not sure about exactly what Lil C said but he loved her too.

So apparently I am the only person in the US who wasn't awed by that number.
    I'm just now watching and have to admit I agree with the judges - I felt the emotion completely and found it amazing...and so far I have actually understood every word from Lil C as I decided to really concentrate on every word tonight (and he hasn't used any unusual vocabulary...lol) I did feel the emotion that resulted from coming through a painful struggle and making it to the other side. Also slow mo moves are so hard to pull off well as every little mistake stands out to an extreme - great job, Sasha
    Last edited by JenCos; 08-03-2011 at 11:36 PM.

I think the final 4 will be Marko-Tadd and Melanie and Sasha..they really are the strongest dancers ( I am NOT a fano f the "even" number thing) I think that overall the girls were much stronger this season and I think Melanie will take it all..she has been the "sweetheart" since the audition rounds...I enjoyed seeing such a variety of "all-stars" this season, and will keep my fingers crossed for some AMAZING choreoraphy for the fianle...

I am lucky, especially since I enforce the 2 hours of silence during the program. He is a sweetheart...
    dinner and silence...now that IS a special guy you have there!

I thought tonight was a fantastic show. Even the whacking and chandelier stuff kept my interest. Melanie's solo was astounding and I was thinking what Nigel said that she could jump to acting any time. She immerses herself in the character so fully. I thought Sasha was great in her solo but she hasn't quite figured out how to dance with anyone as a partner. When she feels it (her sister, Twitch), she is stunning. In other years, she could have won. No one should overlook how great Marko is though and I say he should place second (that Broadway piece was just as good to me as the violence routine of Marko and Caitlyn). Great show tonight.

Tadd is dancing to Sonya Tayek and he's actually swinging from a chandelier for a bit. I normally love Sonya's work but this is weird and not in the usual good Sonya weird way.

Nigel is almost speechless but wanted more dancing. C loves Sonya. Christina thought the routine was remarkable and loves Tadd. Mary thinks Tadd is still growing and "pulled it off for Sonya."
    Not a huge fan of this one either but did not dislike it - Sonya usually knocks it out of the park for me. I think Sonya did gear the moves to Tadd's dance abilities like Lil C said and it was too much a collection of movements that needed to be more connected...but for BBoy I thought he did great - he has really surprised me with his ability to pull off different genres, but I find I have to remember the choreo is not as complicated for him as for others.....something about him I do like though....
    Last edited by JenCos; 08-04-2011 at 12:05 AM.

I think Melanie is outstanding.She moves me. The others are great dancers, but for me, she is just incredible.I think Lil C said it best, when he said when she dances she draws you in.She does exactly that.If she dances alone( I am so glad Nigel mentioned her solo) or with someone, my eyes are on her every move.I dont know who goes home. I am glad I dont have to make the choice.

I hated the stupid chandelier routine, but I dont like her choreography. It reminded me of the circus not dancing.

Good show tonight, Tad and Melanie were the best for me.Followed By Sasha and Kent( great to see Kent again) Tyce knocked it out the park imo

I've been really pleased with all of the celebrity judges this season. I think they have all added something because they have backgrounds on Broadway or stage performing. Christina Applegate was terrific tonight, as I knew she would be. I'm a fan.

I was thrilled to hear Meshell Ndegeocello on the show. The dance with Sasha and Kent was great, but I was more excited about the music. "Bitter" is one of my all-time favorite albums and, imo, probably the best post-breakup CD ever!

For me, it's clear that Melanie, Sasha and Marko are in this week. Not sure who the 4th finalist will be. Probably Tadd, although neither him nor Ricky really do much for me.

I'm still rooting for Melanie to win the whole thing. IMO, she's one of the best we've ever seen on the show. I always root for the dancer who is the best, technically and those dancers don't win (Travis, Danny, Brandon...). I think Melanie just might do it!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

The thing with Melanie is....she doesn't have the tight little body that I'm used to seeing on all the truly great dancers on this show. She's bigger boned and while not by any means is she fat, she still carries a little more weight than any of the other girls. You expect her to be a little clunky when she dances and then she's not. She is smooth as silk. She truly floats. I love that she's not a stick but can still out dance everyone else. Her and Tadd are my F2.
    Fierce Critter and sparklete like this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I have enjoyed this season so much! We have had really good dancers in the top 6 - even top 10 - and I have also liked them all as individuals, not just dancers. No one I dislike in top 10 this year. I agree that Melanie, Marko and Sasha will be in the finals and also not sure of the 4th altho I think it will be Tadd. I will be very surprised if Melanie does not win....she truly is superb. I hope Sasha gets #2 as I really love her too, but it easily could be Marko as he has a strong fanbase and is also very talented - he is my favorite guy for sure. I too hope the choreography continues to be strong - enjoyed tonight so much and actually even liked the 'waacking' - thought Sasha quite good. But for sure Melanie blew everyone out of the water. She is perfection, yet makes it look so easy as she just floats from move to move so effortlessly - and such a sweet girl too - couldn't ask for more as a winner.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Dukie View Post
    They really should go with America's vote for final 4... but not sure if they will.

It's quiet tonight on this thread... I loved the show overall. I thought Christina Applegate was a really good judge.

I've voted at least a dozen times for each of them - actually a little worried b/c I haven't gotten a busy signal at all!
    I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if it's because the show is losing viewers. It seems like they're trying to save it; bringing back all-stars, great guest judges on the panel and stuff. But after this season, I'm done watching, but that's another thread..

Yeah, Melanie is fabulous! I think one of the biggest challenges for the contemporary dancers is standing out and not looking like everyone else. Melanie does just that. Incredible movement..hard to describe. She just has that extra something. I feel lucky to have had the opportunity to see her dance. The other dancers on the show don't come close to her. And from everyone's comments, I'm not the only one that noticed hehe.

I like that Sonya has a clear vision as a choreographer and you can definitely tell it's a Sonya piece when you see it, but it would be nice if she did a routine every now and then that wasn't so tense. I feel like I like where she's going, but I don't like where she ends up. Know what I mean? It seems like angry dancing Do you guys agree?

Christina Applegate was so fun to watch tonight! ...and Pasha's always been my guilty pleasure mmmm

If they don't let America pick the final 4...well, I don't think it'll matter cuz Melanie's got this in the bag.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast