+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 7/28 Results Show ***Spoilers***

Re: 7/28 Results Show ***Spoilers***

I think the judges made the right decision. Both Jordan and Jess are dancers with a lot of facility, but they do not have the same depth to their performance as the remaining six... minus Caitlynn, but it is quite clear to me that she will be leaving next week. The three of them are still quite young, of course.

Melanie, Sasha, and Marko are clearly in the top four, I think. And I predict the other male dancer will be Tadd.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Salome View Post
    I think the judges made the right decision. Both Jordan and Jess are dancers with a lot of facility, but they do not have the same depth to their performance as the remaining six... minus Caitlynn, but it is quite clear to me that she will be leaving next week. The three of them are still quite young, of course.

Melanie, Sasha, and Marko are clearly in the top four, I think. And I predict the other male dancer will be Tadd.
    That is what I think too. Caitlyn and Ricky are the next to go.

My absolute favorite is Sasha. I adore that girl.

FORT Regular

Hi everyone! Long-time lurker and new to posting. Don't get me wrong, I love reality tv and
    usually love it even when it's bad, but this is the very first time I have ever considered not
    watching a show I used to love. If this has been mentioned already, I'm sorry for being redundant,
    but I just have to get this off my chest..
    Didn't the judges used to judge? It doesn't seem like they are anymore, it's like they're scared to
    say anything negative about a routine. Like a bad routine would be a reflection on the show or
    something. No. It's a competition show. I expect a bad routine every now and then.
    I'm glad Nigel did say something to Jordan about the leg in the air thing a few shows back. I think
    he was way too nice about it. How could she not know she was doing the same thing over and over
    again? We need a Piers, a Simon, a mean British judge to say the things we wish we could yell thru
    the television.
    I LOVE the all stars. I also want to hear from them. I realize they are not the ones being judged, but
    it's kind of a tease to watch them dance and run away. We haven't seen these people since their season,
    it would be nice to let them say hello.
    And finally, who let Ryan go on stage in the outfit she was wearing the night she got eliminated? She
    was wearing black spandex pants pulled up to her armpits and she had pretty significant love handles
    for a dancer. It was just really weird.
    I'm not usually this critical. I'm just disappointed in the show overall and I'm wondering if I'm the only
    one that feels this way.

Lrain,

You are not the only one, I'm sure. Other than a dancer here or there, I haven't been enamored with the show since about season 4. Loved, loved, loved seasons 2, 3 and 4. I won't stop watching though as it is still my favorite reality show -- and probably the only one that I can enjoy watching without fast forwarding with the tivo. Still there have been some treasures, like Alex Wong, Kathryn, and some great stuff on occasion from Jakob, Brandon, Billie, Ade, Russell, Legacy. Last year and season 5 were particularly less interesting, but I'm enjoying Melanie, Marko and Tadd this year.

I think that the judges are trying a bit too hard to create what were organic moments in seasons 2, 3, and 4 by pushing certain choreography and contestants as creating alleged "moments." Also, the professionals like Kathryn, Alex and Melanie are unusual in that they emote so fully with their whole being despite all their rigorous training. In years earlier, it felt as if those that were chosen weren't already at the highest levels with tons of technique ingrained in their brains. The dancers that they are currently choosing are all operating at National levels and have trained and worked with famous choreographers, even the breakers and hip-hoppers to some extent. I am all for showcasing dancing talent but it is disingenuous to keep pretending otherwise. I love the show, though, and do love the perfect combination of doing pairs til the top ten and then bringing in all-stars -- if only Nigel also didn't get rid of the public voting determining the bottom person leaving at the top ten point.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by kyrjar View Post
    Lrain,

I think that the judges are trying a bit too hard to create what were organic moments in seasons 2, 3, and 4 by pushing certain choreography and contestants as creating alleged "moments."
    I couldn't have said this better myself! That's a perfect description.

Okay, after that fabulous show, I have to eat my words a bit. Love this show! Every dancer shined at some point. Broadway looked like broadway, hip hop was not just lyrical, and ballroom looked like ballroom -- plus we got some exceptional dancing. Melanie's solo floored me, and just loved Melanie/Tadd, Marko/Caitlyn!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345