+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 7/28 Results Show ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/28 Results Show ***Spoilers***

I didn't hear any announcements of the all stars for next week either but I got a sense that they were running short on time--just a feeling.

Question: When do the judges stop making the final call of who leaves? Is it next week? I seem to remember that America had control much earlier in previous seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    Question: When do the judges stop making the final call of who leaves? Is it next week? I seem to remember that America had control much earlier in previous seasons.
    You're right Doats...I think that is why Judges held on to the decision longer this year - to avoid repeat of last year where we ended up with 2 girls and 6 guys.... perhaps now they are going to let the voters decide - with fewer left it won't get so one sided. But this brings up another question - will they keep eliminating 2 at a time: one girl and one guy that are the very bottom 2? or are they going to now let one go each week and let it become unbalanced if voters so choose? or just the two that are the very bottom whoever that might be?
    Last edited by JenCos; 07-28-2011 at 09:26 PM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I almost think Jess knew what was coming. This was his Facebook post earlier today:

Hey Everyone! Almost half hour til showtime! Just wanted to tell you all how much it means to me that I have such a wonderful support system. Thank you so much for voting last night. Whatever happens tonight, we must be prepare for anything and above all, show the love for performing. Let's give 'em a show! Love you all! TTFN!

Just now beginning to watch - had to post that I loved the opening number and also the costumes! surprised it was choreo'd by Tyce.....but really liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by AZChristian View Post
    I almost think Jess knew what was coming. This was his Facebook post earlier today:

Hey Everyone! Almost half hour til showtime! Just wanted to tell you all how much it means to me that I have such a wonderful support system. Thank you so much for voting last night. Whatever happens tonight, we must be prepare for anything and above all, show the love for performing. Let's give 'em a show! Love you all! TTFN!
    I agree..

I love him! we will be hearing his name, and seeing him on broadway ! good for him. I loved the opening number!
    AZChristian likes this.

Agreed! I thought the opening number was great, and not surprised it was Tyce...it looked like him. When he's good, he's really good - it's just not always that often. Also thought LOED were great! Does anyone know if they tour - and what were the judges talking about checking them out on hulu? And finally, I'm so glad Ricky was in the top 2 guys last night I'd be shocked if he remained over Markko and Tadd again, and I'm not sure he should. But I do think he deserved a place in the top three guys. I think Nigel's negative comments helped him this week as they were really undeserved, but he has been under appreciated by the judges since the very beginning when he kept getting in the bottom two because of Ryan.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum View Post
    Jesse is all around a better talent. No doubt about that. Unfortunately, the judges have been bashing him (for mugging which he promptly stopped doing although they never seemed to notice) and Nygel called him arrogant at the start and I think these prejudged notions have affected his voting support. He is an awesome dancer with alot of experience...even judge Marshall has known him for years on B'way.
    So true, which is why it's so sad that he's gone. I loved his work ethic. He knew he wasn't the most popular dancer, but he still came out and gave it his all every week. I loved his attitude when Cat told him he was up for elimination. "I'm going to give it everything!" And he did. What a way to go! I'm going to miss him. I agree with whoever said that the judges just kept Tadd around because he's the last B-boy. I also agree that we'll probably see more of Jess rather than Tadd.

I, for one, will be disappointed if the judges simply follow America's voting until the end. I don't want the most popular dancer to win, I want the best and most deserving one. The judges are supposed to be experts in their field; well, I want them to use their expertise and pick the dancer who has the best chance of having a long-term career.

Last night was a perfect example. When Ricky was standing up there beside Tadd, I knew he would be safe because of Nigel's negative remarks about Ricky the night before. It was so predictable. I'm really sorry if this offends people, but honestly, I just get frustrated some times when voters act like sheep. I call it "the Simon effect." A judge says one negative word and whoosh! people go out to vote for that person because they feel sorry for him, even if the judge may have been right. (Not saying Nigel was right about Ricky, just talking generally.) Yes, I know sometimes the judges get it wrong (i.e. Ryan), but for the most part I would rather have them pick the dancer they think is best rather than just follow the herd.
    Last edited by Babbred; 07-29-2011 at 02:43 PM.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

A few random thoughts:

When the opening number first started I thought I was going to love it. The costuming was terrific and I'm a sucker for the whole "creepy old carnival" feel. Sadly, once they started dancing I thought it was completely flat. About 3/4 of the way through I started thinking it must have been Tyce, and of course it was. Sometimes during the performance shows I feel like knowing ahead of time that he is the choreographer colors my opinion of the routine. However, the results show routines that I dislike are also often him, so it's not only that I don't care for him as a person - I also don't usually like his choreography period.

Squeeee! I love seeing Mark K dance with Lady Gaga!! I didn't care for the songs she performed, but at least she was appropriate for this time slot.

I totally agreed with the elimination of Jordyn.

I was really surprised that Ricky wasn't in the bottom. I think he is a fantastic dancer, I just thought he was the least interesting of the guys left. When it came down to Tadd and Jess, I have to say that I was glad they kept Tadd. I thought he did a fantastic job in that Mandy Moore number this week and I really enjoy watching him. In this case it really isn't a matter of talent because I think Jess is extremely talented, I just personally enjoy watching Tadd dance. He clearly gets so much enjoyment out of it!!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I, for one, will be disappointed if the judges simply follow America's voting until the end. I don't want the most popular dancer to win, I want the best and most deserving one. The judges are supposed to be experts in their field; well, I want them to use their expertise and pick the dancer who has the best chance of having a long-term career.
    But as the judges always say, it's not America's best dancer, it's America's favorite. If they were going to pick the best in their opinion, they shouldn't have any audience input at all (and then we might still be treated to Ryan now!). We'd be watching a totally different show - not necessarily better or worse - just different. I do get where you're coming from though, as far as best and most deserving dancer winning. But really, all the dancers in the top 10 have put their hearts and souls into their craft. The exposure they will all get is immeasurable, and to that end I think that those who have the ability for a long and successful dance career will probably get it, regardless of who places 1st, 3rd or 5th. The one thing that can't be learned, and doesn't come from technique, is that undefinable x-factor. You have it or you don't. The judges could go on and on about what what a fabulous dancer Ryan was, but for whatever reason, she didn't "click" with people. I feel the same way about Jordan. I can't deny her talent, and 100% agree with the judges about her leg extensions - wow! But for some reason, I've never warmed up to her as a dancer On the flip side, Twitch really isn't technically the best hip-hop dancer they've had, but when he dances, he commands attention and is a sheer joy to watch (IMO of course ) Whether it's fair or not, making it in the entertainment business - regardless of genre - takes more than just talent.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Agreed! I thought the opening number was great, and not surprised it was Tyce...it looked like him. When he's good, he's really good - it's just not always that often.
    I was so busy ranting I forgot to talk about the opening number. I loved it! It was so beautiful. The music, the costumes, the choreography, it just worked. It was my favorite group number of this season.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast