+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 7/27 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Tadd and Melanie are my favorites. Hands down. Tonight just reaffirmed that for me. Tadd's dance with Lauren was awesome. I watched it four times...lol Sonya is my fave choreographer and the piece she created for Marko was stunning. Honestly the only dance I did not enjoy tonight was the janitor hip hop piece. I thought it was weak.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    I predict it will be Marko and Melanie as the last two standing. And then it will be a "you pickum" as they are both more than deserving of the win.
    I certainly agree with these two and hard to pick a winner, altho my favorite would be Melanie...Melanie and Sasha were my favorite girls from day one and Marko my favorite of the guys....did not have a second fav with the guys, but Marko just stood out... After a few weeks it was evident to me at least that Melanie was the favorite to win - Gaga mentioned her being athletic, but what is so impressive is her effortless flow from movement to movement - such perfection and she does well with all genre. I hope Sasha gets into the third slot as I feel she is a really talented dancer and she is such a sweetheart very down to earth and natural. I have followed Sasha for two years now and as sad as I was that she did not make it last year, I was glad she waited as she is stronger this year.

Marko and Allison were simply beautiful tonight! Just loved them and the choreography!

I wish they had all the contestants dance as duos rather than partners. I like being able to compare the girls with girls and guys with guys side by side like Melanie/Sasha and Marko/Ricky rather than showing them as partners like Tadd/Caitlyn and Jess/Jordan

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum View Post
    The judges are over hyping Jordan tonight. That routine was hardly taxing for her since there was not much to it. Tyce needs to go. Please.
    The judges, and especially Nigel, have been pushing Jordan for last few weeks. I don't think Nigel likes her being in the bottom every week and at this point is worried.... In checking Twitter the number of fans goes in order of followers: Melanie, Marko, Sasha, Tadd & Jordan tied, Caitlyn, Ricky, Jess. Of course that does not mean they all vote a lot or even vote at all - but it has been an indicator so far of how things have gone.

Will they be sending one girl and one guy each week still? I seem to remember last year we had 2 girls and 6 guys remaining at one point - so will they be doing it the same each week now or differently??

ETA: Definitely Sonya wins the night - and Sasha and Melanie were both great and loved it so much!
    Last edited by JenCos; 07-27-2011 at 11:56 PM.

Tonight was the best show of the season so far IMO. The Melanie/Neil routine was the perfect combination of music, choreography and dancer. Melanie's leap simply took my breath away. I've rewatched the number multiple times already. I don't usually care much for guest judges in general, but what I've enjoyed about the ones they've had this season is you can tell they're fans of the show. Sure, they're were times I wasn't exactly sure of what Gaga was trying to say, but it seemed pretty clear she had some knowledge of who the dancers were - you know, like maybe she'd actually seen the show before (that, or at least she bothered to watch part of the clip package they sent her ). I really enjoyed NPH and the guy from Modern Family as well. Oh, and most underrated dancer still left......Ricky.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Melanie will and should be the winner. She has a gravitas to her dancing that no one else in a long time has had and is never less than excellent (like Allison, Kathryn, Katee -- all of whom excelled with untrained/hip hop dancers). I'd put Marko and Sasha behind her, but both really excellent dancers with personality that makes you want to watch. I'd put Tadd in there because he has tackled different genres better than anyone -- and he brings such genuine personality. Jess and Jordan often come across as fake when they dance, like they are desperately trying to sell you the story or the swagger, etc. but it is disingenuine. They have also failed more than succeeded, and I am sick of Jordan's leg in the air as if there isn't a single other move the girl can do worth highlighting. Caitlyn and Ricky are excellent dancers who don't always excel but sometimes do. Anyway, my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    The Melanie and Sasha jazz routine highlights Melanie's superiority to me. While I know it would be boring, I sometimes think it would be great to see everyone do the same genre.
    I seem to remember several seasons ago that ALL of the dancers had to do the same solo to the same music and it got really BORING about 3 dancers in.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I believe that Gaga does watch this show. Her number one dancer on tour is Mark (the one who danced The Garden with Courtney).
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Had to share this gif of the Judges that is going around Twitter - have no idea where originated http://27.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lp...pdefo1_500.gif
    Jamie5632 and Fanny Mare like this.

FORT Fogey

Whoa did I hear subtle dig from Gaga about the inauthentic hip hop??? Wow!

I loved it all tonight.It was the best night for dance from everyone, they all( all) gave 110% percent! I cant choose who should go, I would have to say Ricky and Caitlin..I love Gaga she knows her stuff and she says what she thinks with such feeling.
    Wonderful all of it !! bravo and kudos to all

FORT Fogey

Great night of dancing! Loved the Sasha/Melanie Sonya piece. Another highlight for me was the Jordan/Ade Tyce piece.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast