+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 7/20 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by ko_vixen View Post
    I have to say I really enjoyed last night. Marko is definately a front runner in my mind. And as for NPH...I was so impressed with his criticism! The fact that he called out Tyce made me so happy!
    I agree. NPH is great, and it was the highlight of the evening when he called Tyce on that ridiculous routine!!!

I think my favs last night were Melanie, Marko, and Sasha. I have not really felt the Sasha love up till this point, but she really shined dancing with Twitch!

I am bummed because I had to DVR the show last night. By the time I got done watching and picked up my phone to vote, it had already closed! I missed the cutoff by around 45 minutes. It would be nice if they left voting open for three or four hours rather than just two.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-21-2011 at 01:05 PM.

I found NPH to be dull.I usually like him, he said too much, he loves to hear himself speak I think. He also praised Tyce , as the other did for a great routine!! so it was fair and balanced! love me some Tyce! and No Sonja!

To the Point

I wanted to love NPH as a guest judge, and while I still loved him I didn't particularly think he added much as a judge. Jessie will be difficult to live up to though, he just added so much fun. However, I actually thought NPH mirrored what I was thinking more. Especially on those dances that I just felt fell flat.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker View Post
    I wanted to love NPH as a guest judge, and while I still loved him I didn't particularly think he added much as a judge. Jessie will be difficult to live up to though, he just added so much fun. However, I actually thought NPH mirrored what I was thinking more. Especially on those dances that I just felt fell flat.
    Jessie was great! he was so funny . NPH knew more about dance, but he still came off, dull imo

Wow. I can see why everybody's pining for a return to the glory days of past seasons. It's like the past few weeks have been amateur hour on this show. I feel kind of sorry for those dancers who have been eliminated, but holy mackerel, for some of these remaining dancers it's as if they've stepped onto a whole new level of dancing. I guess it was true that some of them needed different partners.

Overall, I loved last night. There were only two routines I didn't really like: Comfort/Tadd hip hop and the Joss/Mitchell flight time. The first may have been technically difficult, but all those words being thrown at me in the song just overwhelmed me and so I kind of zoned out. In addition, I was also one of the ones who never really warmed to Comfort, even during her season.

I agreed with NPH on Mitchell's. It seemed too disjointed, and if you hadn't been told the theme, you never would have guessed it. I just felt like "What's the point?" after it was all over.

Absolutely loved Twitch and Sasha, though. Oh...my...goodness, I was amazed that Mary didn't yell "Y'all are on the hot tamale train!" I could feel the heat blazing through the screen, and they really danced that well. I think it was NPH who said that it looked like they'd been together for years, and I couldn't agree more. I'm kind of disappointed that they're going to have new all-stars next week, because I would have loved to see what else these two could do.

Pasha and Melanie, were just gorgeous. Best waltz of the season.

Loved the Bollywood! I was already a fan of this kind of dancing, and these two did it justice. I felt like I was watching an Indian movie. This was another pair that I would have loved to have seen more of.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post

I hardly recognized Allison tonight. She was fabulous, but was there something going on with her teeth? Maybe the light was just catching her wrong. It was a little distracting.
    I had the same reaction to Allison. She looked unwell. She had an oddly pasty and grey-green complexion. I said to my husband if it were not for the fact that she was lucid and dancing wonderfully, I'd think she had a drug problem based on her looks. And I noticed the problem with the teeth, too. She almost seemed like she was missing a tooth in the upper right hand side (as you look at her) and her teeth seemed grayish, too.

On the other hand, Robert's teeth were a Ross-aka-"Friends"-inspired-glow-in-the-dark brilliant white. Not complaining, but they were quite blindingly dazzling.

I don't usually post during the season, rather I'm a lurker at SYTYCD But.... I loved last nights show!! Marko and Chelsea were hot!! Sasha and Twitch were simply amazing and Melanie and Pasha, well I love them both. Oh and fabulous choreography last night! I think this made a huge difference, JMHO
    The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart. Helen Keller

FORT Fogey

I think Mary has been silenced on her "Hot Tamale Train" rant. And thank you Nigel for that. She doesn't scream anymore either.

Her stylist is curious. Her dress was beautiful, really fabulous, and hair understated to compensate for the ruffle but the earrings? They were too long for the dress and really just too long and a 90's fashion don't. Earrings that pass your soulders are never a good idea and never were. Really they were not. I keep on top of these things. That dress called for no jewelry and sleek hair. She barely passed the hair.

Mary cannot really scream as much after having surgery last year on it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345