+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 7/20 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Re: 7/20 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Quote Originally Posted by bkes216 View Post
    Allison and Ricky Tyce Jazz routine. Seemed like he was inspired by Sonya, but I actually really liked that. 2 weeks in a row, hot damn Tyce what are you doing with yourself.
    I did like Ricky better with Allison. However, this routine annoyed me because it felt like a wannabe rip off of Mia's addiction routine. When it comes to being creepy and foreboding, Ricky just didn't measure up to Kupono.

I just have to say Brandon!!! Remind me again why he didn't win!? He was amazing but, sorry, who was he dancing with? I didn't even see her.

Melanie was fabulous as always. She's my favorite this season. If she doesn't win this season, I'll be shocked - she's the whole package. She hasn't made one misstep. She's one of the most versatile dancers we've seen on this show and she has great technique. Plus, she's just cute as a button.

I hardly recognized Allison tonight. She was fabulous, but was there something going on with her teeth? Maybe the light was just catching her wrong. It was a little distracting.

Loved NPH. He should be on every show on TV! He just makes everything better.
    Minney and Endit like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by bkes216 View Post
    Allison and Ricky Tyce Jazz routine. Seemed like he was inspired by Sonya, but I actually really liked that. 2 weeks in a row, hot damn Tyce what are you doing with yourself.
    I love Tyce! I know others don't. But when he's free to do what he wants, he's wonderful

I lost what little respect I had for Tyce when I saw his behavior in Every Little Step. For me, he's very hit and miss as a choreographer (IMO, there are MUCH better options for the producers to choose from) and I don't enjoy him as a judge.
    JavaJo likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I love NPH but thought he was a little flat tonight in his judging. Although I did appreciate his willingness to offer criticism. I think I enjoyed Jessie much better.

And after suffering through numerous boring weeks with boring choreography and the lack of chemistry, I have to say tonight was refreshing. I really enjoyed the choreo/music/pairings much better and a couple of the dancers who were pretty much invisible to me before shined a little bit brighter tonight. I hope this trend continues.

The solo dances...I was really impressed with three....Melanie, Clarice and Jess. Loved those dances.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I liked all the dances with the exception of Joss and Mitchel's number. And they did well, just didn't shine, for me, among the group.

Stars have emerged and seem like a lock for the finals. Melanie and Sasha (my personal favorite from the start) are the women. Marko is the stand out of the men and if I had to name a second it would be Tadd or Ricky, I like them both.

I think it is down to voting favorites and not the best dance routine at this point. If I had to choose the bottom two women I will say Caitlyn and Clarice. For the men Joss and Mitchel.

When do the judges stop doing the elimination and it moves to viewer vote?

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Shoepie... I'm with you - My favorite girls are Melanie and Sasha, and my favorite guys at this point are Marko and Ricky or Tadd.
    I am soooo glad to see Ricky dancing with someone other than Ryan - she was a lead weight dragging him down.

I like this new format where they get to dance with All Stars in the top 10. Pasha was amazing as usual, and I loved seeing Robert, Brandon, Twitch, Chelsie and Allison too! Why they keep bringing Comfort back is confusing to me... I never liked her and I don't think she is a particularly good hip hop dancer. Isn't there another hip hop girl they could bring back???

Looking forward to the tour!!
    pikachu likes this.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    Melanie was fabulous as always. She's my favorite this season. If she doesn't win this season, I'll be shocked - she's the whole package. She hasn't made one misstep. She's one of the most versatile dancers we've seen on this show and she has great technique. Plus, she's just cute as a button.

She made me sit up and take notice right from the very beginning. Her audition was incredible. Would love to see her win.
    AZChristian likes this.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jmb View Post
    I like this new format where they get to dance with All Stars in the top 10. Pasha was amazing as usual, and I loved seeing Robert, Brandon, Twitch, Chelsie and Allison too! Why they keep bringing Comfort back is confusing to me... I never liked her and I don't think she is a particularly good hip hop dancer. Isn't there another hip hop girl they could bring back???
    I agree on all of this! I love having the top 10 dancing with all-stars. For one thing, it lets us see our favorite dancers from past seasons return. For another thing, it allows us to focus on the contestants from this season better because we're not watching them dance with each other and trying to decide which of them did a better job in the routine. It's also good to pair the contestants with someone who knows what they're doing. It's hard to judge how a contestant did when they're paired with a partner who isn't pulling their weight so putting them with an all-star, someone who has competed on the show before and shown that they're a solid dancer, gives the current competitors a partner who won't let them down.

I have never liked Comfort. For some reason, her dancing just leaves me cold. It's beyond me, too, why they keep bringing her back. Tadd was awesome in his routine with her and I agree with NPH that he outdanced her (although I'll admit I'm a fan of his so I'm biased).
    Last edited by pikachu; 07-21-2011 at 11:42 AM.

I have to say I really enjoyed last night. Marko is definately a front runner in my mind. And as for NPH...I was so impressed with his criticism! The fact that he called out Tyce made me so happy!

I think if you are able, everyone should take a look at the Canadian version this season. The dancing has been AMAZING as well as the choreo...I would say better than the US version this year.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast