+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 7/14 Top 12 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/14 Top 12 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I was just doing some research on last season, because I wanted to learn more about Alex and Adechike. I found references to Robert, whom it seems was also a judges favorite that frustrated viewers.

Robert...

Ryan...

See what you have to look forward to next season?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I may be in the minority about last season, but I did like Robert. I didn't think he was as good as Adechike (who I think finished fourth) but wasn't disappointed with his dancing.

Ryan just left me a bit disappointed overall when compared to dancers in this season as well as earlier ones.
    JavaJo likes this.

Sorry, ran out of time for editing.

Holy mackerel, at least we weren't subjected to a five-minute tirade by Nigel about how poor Ryan was misunderstood and we the voters are just making up crud about her to slander her. Oh my gosh, if I had been watching last season I would have quit after that episode.

OTOH, poor Adechike. How terrible! I am so disappointed in Mia. I used to really like her but now I'll never be able to look at her the same way again. I'm so glad Cat had the guts to intervene on his behalf. Wow. I was always kind of the fence about her. I knew her from my days in Britain where she would do the backstage interviews for AI when it aired in Britain. I was never sure if I liked her. Now I'm very proud of her and I'm glad she's been nominated for an Emmy this season.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Sorry, ran out of time for editing.

Holy mackerel, at least we weren't subjected to a five-minute tirade by Nigel about how poor Ryan was misunderstood and we the voters are just making up crud about her to slander her. Oh my gosh, if I had been watching last season I would have quit after that episode.

OTOH, poor Adechike. How terrible! I am so disappointed in Mia. I used to really like her but now I'll never be able to look at her the same way again. I'm so glad Cat had the guts to intervene on his behalf. Wow. I was always kind of the fence about her. I knew her from my days in Britain where she would do the backstage interviews for AI when it aired in Britain. I was never sure if I liked her. Now I'm very proud of her and I'm glad she's been nominated for an Emmy this season.
    I'm lost - what are you referring to with Adechike and Mia?

Was so sad to hear about Alex - hurt again! Same thing, different leg! So now he's right back to another year of rehabilitation. Sucks, he's such a wonderful dancer and I was really looking forward to him being an all-star! I also don't get the Robert hate. I think he's an amazing dancer and he has continued to impress me when he stepped in for the first number with Caitlyn this season. I think he's very elegant and has continued to improve his dancing since he's left the show as a competitor.

Anyway, glad Ryan is gone, and Alexander was a no brainer too, especially after that horrible solo. Can't wait til next week and the all-stars!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Several blogs I found said that there was a big controversy over Adechike. When it got to the Top 8, he was supposed to dance a Bollywood routine with Alex. This was the week that Alex got injured, so somebody else filled in for him. After the performance, the judges all criticized Adechike, saying that he had interjected African elements into the dance. On top of that, Mia said she wished that Alex were still there dancing. Cat intervened and said that just two weeks previously, these same judges had praised Jose for injecting hispanic elements into his Bollywood routine, and Mia snapped that that was because Jose was charming (or something like that). The audience then rose up and gave a Adechike and Cat a standing ovation, and also booed the judges.

Holy makerel, I found sites calling Mia a racist and demanding that she never appear on the show again. I also found a YouTuble clip of Mia and Adam (other judge) giving an interview backstage, I guess right after the show. Adam was saying he had agreed with Mia but had been too cowardly to say it and Mia just shrugged it off. (The next night Mia apologized on the results show, but I'm sure it sounded phony. Just reading her words, I thought it sounded phony.)

That is one of the saddest things I have seen on a reality show. I would love to hear from the people here who actually saw this debacle and what you thought about it.

I dont even remember it I guess because most of the time I really only watch the dancers, quite often, as I have said before, I mute the judges. I like Mia's choreography, I am sorry if she upset someone though

Finally. Ryan has been ousted. Alexander's solo was pathetic so I'm glad he was sent packing along with Ryan.

To the Point

Even when I totally agree with the decision I always feel really bad for the dancers who leave. It's just sad to me. All of them are young and there is so much pressure.

I would have sent Alexander packing first week. There is just something about him with which I did not connect. He actually made my skin crawl (that's harsh I know and I tried to word it differently but nothing else accurately described how I felt). Sorry Alexander! While I think there are some things he does well, there are plenty that still need work. One of those things might be his ability to not show his shock when he hits bottom three. He didn't look nearly as shocked when he actually was cut.

I actually know some folks who attended an intensive with a good number of SYTYCD choreographers. The dancers said that Sonja (sp?) was amazing and Travis was incredibly nice. I cannot remember who else was there but I know there were others. They also said that there were comments made regarding some of the current contestants. They were interesting and didn't shatter any of my ideas/thoughts.

I really liked Sonya on the judging panel but if she's there, she can't choreograph. And she's my favorite.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

I was glad to see Ryan and Alex go home--they were the right choices IMO. Wondered if they purposely kept Ryan until this week when they could send individuals home and not necessarily a couple.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast