+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 7/14 Top 12 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Re: 7/14 Top 12 Results Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    Ryan's (not Ryan and she's a she but ALEXANDER) solo looked liked he focused heavily on classical ballet. (I am not a dancer so I'm guessing about that.) Don't think that helped him.

I kinda knew he was gone when he was standing with Melanie (not Melanie--JORDAN) and Tadd. Tadd is the last hip hop guy and I think they wanted that representation on the tour.
    I don't think the style had anything to do with his elimination. I thought his technique was sloppy and the choreography was lackluster. It looked to me like he was marking. Many of the guys dance classical/contemporary in their solos and have done it much better than Alexander did. Brandon always crushed it in his solos and he danced contemporary.

So happy to see Ryan gone. I never understand why she even made it to Hollywood.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I think they have the right top ten. I didn't think anyone but Ryan and Alex would go home. I hate seeing them so upset though, I thought they all did their very best.

Looking forward to next week.

I liked Alexander, better than Mitchell over the season. Alexander was one of faves when they selected the top 20. He was more on the shy side and maybe that came across in his dancing. Not happy with the judges' decision of letting him go. Happy that Ryan is gone, though.

Ugh. Coming here, I just imagined the collective (am I allowed to say that... bodily function associated with sex lol) of the members here by Ryan going. Pretty obvious she was going but I'm not gonna celebrate over it. I think the pressure got to her. They have to do a lot of routines, it's a very busy and managed life. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it at all. I mean 2 routines yesterday, the routine tonight, what you see of them backstage with a camera shoved in their faces, and then the dance for your life. The body could be just as tired as the mind after all of that.

FORT Fogey

Given this bottom 3, I think the right choices were made. I was really surprised to see Sasha & Alexander in the bottom. I was looking forward to seeing how they would dance with different partners.

I hope Alexander can be the alternate for the tour, but definitely not Ryan.

FORT Fogey

It was clear that Ryan knew she was going home. They all read internet feedback and she felt defeated even before she was handed her Broadway number. She wasn't the strongest dancer but she didnt even have a shot at getting the viewers to respond to her personality. She was set up to lose by being in Nigel's back pocket. She had strikes against her from the start. Having said that, she just is not as good as the others so it may have played out the same way had they left her connection with Mia out of her package.

So no surprises this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Endit View Post
    Ugh. Coming here, I just imagined the collective (am I allowed to say that... bodily function associated with sex lol) of the members here by Ryan going. Pretty obvious she was going but I'm not gonna celebrate over it. I think the pressure got to her. They have to do a lot of routines, it's a very busy and managed life. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it at all. I mean 2 routines yesterday, the routine tonight, what you see of them backstage with a camera shoved in their faces, and then the dance for your life. The body could be just as tired as the mind after all of that.
    I have to say but I disagree to a point here - while yes, they undergo all that, ALL of them do that. All three men IMHO had stronger dances for their lives than Ryan did, and I do agree with some that I think she gave up.

But, we've never had the final say in the early rounds, it's been the judges. Ryan could've had an oustanding dance for her life and made it to the top 10 I think over Clarice (Sasha was most likely going to remain). We saw Ricky have by far one of the best dances for his life I've ever seen (I think Alex's one solo last year was one of the absolute best the show's had), in spite of the same pressure.

In the end, I think Ryan was the weakest dancer of the group left, and in a couple of cases weaker than a couple who were eliminated earlier than I felt they should've. She can do much more than I ever could, but my basis on her being eliminated was overall work and more importantly the dance for life as that's what has decided a couple of cases. Ryan didn't try to prove people wrong and gave up IMHO, so she was eliminated. Ricky wanted to prove at least to Nigel that he was ill-informed on who wasn't connecting well with America in that duo and danced wonderfully.

BTW, thinking about the performances last night, I think in the end Alexander might've pulled it out over Mitchell had he had a stronger dance for his life. I could tell the judges wanted to keep him; however, he was the weakest one in that challenge and had a couple of weak dances in the start. Mitchell at least has had some strong partner dances and proved he could dance for his life in spite of being injured week one.

I do think the right final 10 for whom we have left was selected.
    Shoepie likes this.

[QUOTE=Endit;4337269]Ugh. Coming here, I just imagined the collective (am I allowed to say that... bodily function associated with sex lol) of the members here by Ryan going. Pretty obvious she was going but I'm not gonna celebrate over it. I think the pressure got to her. They have to do a lot of routines, it's a very busy and managed life. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it at all. I mean 2 routines yesterday, the routine tonight, what you see of them backstage with a camera shoved in their faces, and then the dance for your life. The body could be just as tired as the mind after all of that.[/QUOTE

I watched Ryan in the opening number and she danced very well I dont think she can handle the pressure. I thought Alexander was good, but not as good as the rest of the men. Mitchell ( for me) was way better.

I'm happy with the judging results this time. I didn't dislike Alexander, but I also didn't connect with him at all. I'm glad Ryan is out. I liked her at the very beginning, but she faded fast for me because I just don't think she compares to the other girls. I think these dancers should be instructed to avoid reading viewer opinions. They should be trying their hardest for themselves and not focusing on the fickle viewers of the show. I don't mean this as an insult, I just mean that as viewers we like what we like and they may not be able to do anything about it so they shouldn't torture themselves by reading what we think!

My personal opinions regarding the all-stars:
    : Melody, Allison, Pasha, Twitch, Chelsie, Brandon
    : Comfort, Kathryn, Robert

I was soooo sad to hear about Alex Wong being injured AGAIN!! I would have so loved to see him as an all star this season!
    Get better soon Alex!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast