+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD Season 8 All-Star Discussion Thread

FORT Regular

SYTYCD Season 8 All-Star Discussion Thread

Tonight (Thursday 7/14) we find out who are All Stars are.

Today Nigel confirmed the leak that Chelsie Hightower from season 4 and Dancing With the Stars will be returning as an all-star. Chelsie did tweet though that due to her DWTS contract it will only be for one week. Personally, I don't mind at all as Chelsie is my favorite girl ever on this show (her partner Mark is also my favorite boy).

I'm speculating on several people who I think will or won't be back. They are:
    Alex - Nigel hinted that Alex would be back in some capacity this year. If he isn't back as an All Star immediately, I think we'll see him at some point. I don't know if his leg is strong enough to support him every week though.
    Robert - I don't know if they'll pull in 2 guys from last season, but Robert has been assisting Travis and Sonya, so I wouldn't be surprised.
    Mark - He's back in LA after I think being in Japan or Australia with GaGa's tour yesterday, he may be available now.
    Kathryn - I have a feeling her new role as the lead in Step Up 4 may prevent her from being back, but if production doesn't start for a few weeks we could still see her
    Brandon - He's been appearing in some SYTYCD promotional stuff recently, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back
    Legacy - Same as Brandon, and Legacy is a fan favorite
    Ashley & Ryan - She's been retweeting a lot of fan's tweets who want her back, so I'm curious

I'm not sure on the others, that's just my speculation. I'm excited for tonight's episode (minus the Nicole Sherszinger (sp) performance)

Re: SYTYCD Season 8 All-Star Discussion Thread

I like Nicole! yay..I didnt know she was on.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I posted in the spoiler thread earlier today that not only is Mark Kanemura in LA as of today, Lady Gaga has no tour dates scheduled at this time.

That's too bad if Chelsie can only be there one week (not sure why her DWTS contract would require her to be available so soon). It would be way cool to have a Chelsie/Mark reunion dance - even if it was one they've already done together.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    I posted in the spoiler thread earlier today that not only is Mark Kanemura in LA as of today, Lady Gaga has no tour dates scheduled at this time.

That's too bad if Chelsie can only be there one week (not sure why her DWTS contract would require her to be available so soon). It would be way cool to have a Chelsie/Mark reunion dance - even if it was one they've already done together.
    I think probably because they don't want their workers appearing on a competing show for an extended period of time, I assume that's why we've seen so little of Louie.

FORT Regular

All Stars For Next Week (7/20):

Melody (Season 1)
    Allison (Season 2)
    Pasha (Season 3)
    Twitch (Season 4)
    Comfort (Season 4)
    Chelsie (Season 4)
    Brandon (Season 5)
    Kathryn (Season 6)
    Robert (Season 7)

That's only 9, and Chelsie can only do 1 week, so I think there will be different ones each week.

From the sound of things, Alex would've been there next week had he not hurt his OTHER leg with the same injury that ousted him last year. That poor guy, but Nigel is right - that shows his passion for dancing that he's willing to take these chances. That said, I am glad Twitch is coming back - I really liked his dancing, as well as Robert's (who I felt Mia was also unjustly unfair to).

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

So 9 All-Stars, 10 contestants. Since Alex had to drop out, will they be able to find a different All-Star to replace him (Mark), or will somebody have to dance with 2 people?

What bad luck poor Alex has had. I feel so sorry, that for another year, all his dreams are on hold.

Poor Alex! That is so sad!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

This could've been a joke, but apparently that one male guest judge last night said he was going to be a partner. (Please don't shoot the messenger here - I am not sure if that was real or joke).

It'd be nice though if we can get the likes of say Kent and Lauren from last season on too.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast