+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Cat Deely, SYTYCD Earn Emmy Nominations

FORT Fogey

Re: Cat Deely, SYTYCD Earn Emmy Nominations

Very good news! She is the best host of them all, not just reality. I adore this woman.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bkes216 View Post
    Really? Both Travis and NappyTabs were excellent last season. Maybe the names of the routines don't stick out, but Travis's "Collide" was the prom piece with Kent and Lauren, "How It Ends" was the best-friend-stabs-you-in-the-back with Kent and Neil, and "Fix You" was the breathtaking piece with Allison and Robert about Travis's mom. Those are 3 of my all-time favorites

NappyTab's "Scars" was the Robert & DTrix clown/balloon (which I do think was overrated), "Fallin" was the Adechike and Comfort cheating/leaving number, and "Outta Yo Mind" was the Alex and Twitch amazing hip-hop about Alex's fear of being a ballet dancer doing hip-hop.

Mia's pieces were less memorable because they were all group routines since she was a judge, but "Alice in Mia-Land/Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" was the group piece with Allison on the checkered table in the chair with all the boys dancing around her, "When We Dance" I'm actually not sure but I think it was the week Alex got injured as Ade filled in as the main Angel, they were all in white, there was lots of fog I remember, and "This Bitter Earth" was on the opening "get to know the contestants" night with Billy, Alex, and Ade as the three stages of life: Child, Adult, and Elder.
    Thanks for describing all the dances. First I forgot the nominations were for last season, not this season (duh!). Then I would never have remembered the dances by myself. I liked all of those. Even "Scars!" A little off, but still entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Shoepie View Post
    Very good news! She is the best host of them all, not just reality. I adore this woman.
    You said it! Cat is the girl you want to be best friends with. She has a lot of character, charm and poise. She's down to earth, genuinely caring and nurturing. The first time I realized how unique and special she was was Season 4, when Chelsie Hightower's toe came out of her shoe, and Cat humbly stooped down to put her shoe on correctly. Other shows (like The Voice and America's Got Talent) sure could use a Cat of their own!

I am glad Cat has received a well-earned nom, and even more so because she is so humble and blushing about it. It'd be really nice to see her win.

Out of the dancing numbers? - I would like to see Nappy Tabs win, ONLY because of that "Outta your mind" dance that Alex and Twitch did. That is the only dance that is nominated (I remember the Hallelujah one too), that I remember without watching it again. It's also the only one that was effectively parodied, and quite well, by someone else (Ellen).

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Congrats to the whole SYTYCD team and especially to Cat!
    Cat is so deserving of this award, and I truly hope she wins. None of the other hosts have to cope with all of the minor incidents that pop up on this show! And she handles them all with a smile - and without a script!!
    As much as I love Phil from TAR... I think Cat is the best choice

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bkes216 View Post
    Yup! 5 of the 6 slots!

Mia Michaels: Routines: Alice in Mia-Land Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic" / "When We Dance" / "This Bitter Earth - On The Nature of Daylight""
    Stacey Tookie: Routines: Mad World" / "Sundrenched World" / "Heaven Is A Place On Earth""
    Travis Wall: Routines: Collide" / "How It Ends" / "Fix You""
    Tabitha & Napolean: Routines: Scars" / "Fallin" / "Outta Your Mind""
    Mandy Moore: Routines: Oh Yeah" / "Boogie Shoes" / "I Surrender""

(Nominations were changed this year to nominate a few routines for the entire season)

Ridiculously excited for Cat and Travis, surprised about Mandy Moore, a little bummed about Sonya not getting one, especially after Hallelujah.
    Thanks to YouTube I was able to go back and watch the routines since I did not recognize them by the song names. My vote (by Choreographer) would be
    Stacey Tookie - Mad World
    Travis Wall - Fix You
    NappyTabs - Scars AND Outta Your Mind (for me, they're both excellent!)
    Mandy Moore - I Surrender

It's too bad Sonya Tayeh REALLY should have been nominated for "Hallelujah" IMO.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I have to admit that for the first several seasons of SYTYCD, I didn't like Cat. I just thought she was annoying. I've gotten to like her more, though, and now I really like her. She adds a lot to the show by talking with the contestants, asking the judges to clarify their statements or give a little more feedback, things the dancer can work on to improve if they got a bad review, etc. She's a great reality show host and truly deserving of an Emmy.

Congrats to Cat & the show! I really love it.
    ~Supernatural Addict~

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

The lovely and talented Cat Deeley tied with Tom Bergeron for the best reality show host at the Critics Choice Awards a few days ago!

(And in case anyone is wondering, Ryan Seacrest was not nominated).
    Everything has an end. Only the sausage has two. - Monroe, from Grimm

Congrats to Cat! She is my favorite host by far. ( Tom Bergeron is my second favorite )
    I'm even watching "The Choice" just to see her. It's a ridiculous show, but she makes it worth watching.
    Shoepie likes this.

I really like Cat.She is a big part of the SYTCD family. She is very caring, and it shows.

I also like Tom Bergeron , who gives DWTS just what it needs. Well done both of them
    Jezebella likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12