+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/13 Show Discussion Thread ***Spoilers***

Nigel's allegiance to Mia clouded his vision last week. Finally he saw what some of us have been saying from the start. Ryan is just not as good as the other women. There is a possiblity that viewers could vote for them just to save Ricky tonight. I have forgotten the name of the woman who went home last week but that was a shame; she was a better dancer and her solo was excellent.

I adore Sasha even though I didn't care for the paso. I am glad to see, however, that traditonal ballroom has been replaced with what Mary called the American version. I appreciate the meld with a contemporary style.

I have never cared for Broadway and it is the curse of death to couples who choose that. It is never compelling enough to pick up the phone.

Jess is skilled but his height is distracting and I just don't think a male dancer can go far because of this. Too bad because he is excellent.

I agree that Alexander just does not have that spark.

Go Ricky and Marco!

I only watched the first half so obviously I will only comment on that, didn't feel like getting online though lol.

Sasha/Alexander - I found it interesting that they chose to give her a masculine part and had her dressed in pants. Could it be because they felt that Sasha couldn't dance softer? That she couldn't bring the feminine? It was the oddest paso I've ever seen, very little dancing and tons of posing and flexing. It was also awkward as all get out, these two do not have much chemistry. Best thing for them will be when they split up and Alexander is the first male sent home. I didn't love it as much as the judges but I didn't dislike it as much as you guys. I was just MEH about it.

Jordan/Tadd - What Travis wants, Travis gets *sighs*. Anybody surprised that he got them? Yeah, didn't think so. So much for "random" assignments. Anyways, I liked it. It is one of the few Travis routines that I really liked. He pulled it all out for them, sometimes Travis gets lazy and makes it obvious that he does not "love" the couple because he gives them crap. He loves Tadd, so they got a good routine. Had elements of Sonya and Wade in it, but aren't most of Travis's routines rips off better ones done by other choreographers (no question mark because it's not a question).

Ryan/Ricky - Poor Ricky. Ryan looked fat (yeah, don't flame me but that dress did NOTHING for her, it was not flattering and made her seem to dance even heavier than usual). I didn't like it. I found it curious that the judges all had negative comments and Nigel made it a point of saying that the BOTH were not connecting. His aides have been reading the comments and now they are trying a bit of reverse psychology to see if they can "save" them. Won't work, still can't stand her and her entitlement.

Caitlyn/Mitchell - What a load of crap they were handed. Dance for the invisible soldier children of..... anyways, thank you judges for blaming the choreographer. Or rather thank you Nigel, Sonya tried to put the blame on the dancers for not dancing the heck out of crap. I do sort of agree with her but I don't think that even Melanie/Marko could put a sparkle on this routine.

Melanie/Marko - They must be slamming the votes if they were willing to risk them with a ballroom, doesn't matter because they did good in it. Not great, there were definite flubs and they they definitely stumbled here and there but overall they did very well. Anybody else squeeeeeed when they saw Louis? I did! I so love that guy and it makes me happy seeing him anywhere. I'm going to be sad when these two are no longer partners.

Clarice/Jess - what a load of self-indulgent crap that choreographer creates. Gah, he keeps this up I will hate him as much as NappyTabs. Anyways, they did ok with it. They were not in sync, Jess was dancing it as a "tough" Broadway number, there was very little hard hitting hiphop in his movements and turns. Heck, even the way he tucked his arms in when he spun was pure Broadway. Yet it was universally loved, I like these two so I don't mind. I just didn't think it was all that great of a routine.

Of the first set, I thought that Sasha/Alexander and Caitlyn/Mitchell were in trouble. Ryan is too, in spite of the reverse psychology attempts.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

I only got to see the last 45 minutes, and was very disappointed when I saw that Jesse Tyler Ferguson (from Modern Family) was the guest judge. I was disappointed because I missed so much of the show. I thought he was great! He has a lot of enthusiasm for the show and for dance in general. And I second his opinion about Cat being the best host in all of reality TV! She deserves an Emmy, or any other award that can be given her.

I normally really like Travis, but the vulture routine bugged me. It isn't that the routine was bad, but it looked like a combination of The Garden (Sonya) and The Hummingbird and the Flower (Wade). It didn't strike me as original at all.

I was on the fence about Jesse Tyler Ferguson as a judge. I didn't think he was all that helpful in his critiques, but I did like his "fanboy" exuberance!!

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Am I the only one who's seeing a lot of implied male/female violence in dances this season? I don't mind a little sexual tension, but there seems to be a lot of almost hitting in anger, and hands on throats. Not my cuppa tea.

Yes a little. At one time they just danced, and we had a small storyline. Now we have the full Monty with each dance, gawd, that drives me nuts!

I did enjoy the promo during the show for the X - factor, I realized how much I had missed Simon..
    AZChristian likes this.

I will only say a few things:

1. This should be Ryan's last week - by far the weakest dancer and it shows. That said, if Jordan is in the bottom three, I have this weird feeling that Nigel and Co. will eliminate her over Ryan because both will have been in the bottom three three times and they still seem to favor Ryan over Jordan. I hope for Jordan's sake that she has a varied routine if she has to dance for her life (meaning not mostly leg extensions.

2. Ricky should be able to stay no matter what - he has had excellent dances for his life, and was easily the stronger of the two dancers in that pair. I think even Nigel had to concede it, though he did try to say that BOTH were not connecting. IMHO, Ricky is - I haven't heard nearly as bad remarks about him here or anywhere, while I HAVE Ryan.

3. Melanie and Marko should be in the top 10. If they are in the bottom three, THEN it's an "America got it wrong" statement.

4. Sasha and Alexander's Paso to me was quite good. I personally felt like they did a "Bull versus Matador" vibe and not Matador and cape, which is the usual technique on the Paso Doble. It did have a few warbles, but I liked the challenge.

And finally

5. Yes I've noticed there tends to be a tad too much violent antics going on this season. I was disturbed by the group dances couple of weeks ago where the women were shoving then later poisoning the male dancers. While even I feel the women dancers are overall stronger, this really has to stop because it's rather petty.

My hope is tonight that Ryan goes home. The others (and I mean the other 11) I will be a bit sadder to see go.
    AZChristian likes this.

I dont think Ryan will stay over Jordan.Jordan has been consistently strong

It's time for Ryan to go and will be surprised if she is not in the bottom 3 again. Unfortunately if Jordan is in the bottom 3 as well I think the judges will send her home and keep Ryan because of Nigel's alligance with Mia. Then he can say "it was America's fault she was sent home" when she is finally sent home by the voters after the judges no longer can save them. Nigel, again because of his alligance with Mia, will want to keep Ryan on the top 10 so she can go on tour.

It's also time for Alexander to go. The judges were right in that Sasha has been carrying him through the performances. Would love to see Sasha perform with the all stars.

My votes for going home are Ryan and Alexander. However I have a feeling it will be Jordan and Alexander.

I think the judges really like Jordan, they asked for more and she delivered.I am saying she's safe tonight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456