+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

I am blissfully! vacationing in Cabo San Lucas and missed both episodes this week. (Missed you FoRTers and your posts more so than the episodes...)

Anyways, finally got online only to find out that Ryan was once again in the bottom 3 and is still with us. HUH?! The judges and TPTB seemed to have thumbed their noses at us again as it regards Ryan, Mia, or whoever else has a stake in the we-must-keep-Ryan-on-at-all-costs scenario. And please let me make it clear that I don't "hate" Ryan. I don't know her and have no basis for hate. I simply don't care for her dancing, her constant grinning despite dancing to some non-grinning themes. What I truly hate and even despise is the blatant favoritism shown to her.

Off to watch the sunset and down another margherita (on the rocks, no salt). See you all next week.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    really , okay..

How dare he say that Ricky is not connecting to the viewers. It is Ryan who is not connecting!

I took this to mean you were speaking for me, and the rest of America. Ashley was weak, her routine was weak, once again.America got it right

have a good one!
    I always speak for myself and no one else. Why the chip on your shoulder? This is a dance show and all these kids are great. I don't speak for anyone else. I am just giving my opinoin; that is what we do here.
    Last edited by shoepie; 07-08-2011 at 08:59 PM.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    I am blissfully! vacationing in Cabo San Lucas . . .
    If you go out whale watching in a zodiac boat: (1) Don't forget the sunscreen (voice of experience); (2) Imagine me wishing I was in the boat with you and yours. We did that last year in Cabo and thoroughly enjoyed it.

n/t
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 07-09-2011 at 01:19 AM.

[B]Regardless of what you think of them, I am SHOCKED that Ryan/Ricky is in the bottom. I also quite liked Ryan's dance for her life. It much better than Jordan and Ashley's. I have seen those before. R/R killed their routine yesterday too. Really surprised nobody liked the zombie routine and music, it was probably my favorite danceof the night.

I really liked it, loved the music. I think these kids have great passion( all of them)

I am blissfully! vacationing in Cabo San Lucas and missed both episodes this week. (Missed you FoRTers and your posts more so than the episodes...)

Off to watch the sunset and down another margherita (on the rocks, no salt). See you all next week.
    How many ways can I say jealous? It's been raining, raining, raining and did I say raining? Heck, they even had to cancel all the fireworks because of the raining.

You really haven't missed much these past couple of weeks. I can honestly say that there has yet to be a routine that has stuck in my mind. What the heck has happened to our show? We thought it was because all the old choreographers had gotten bored and lazy. So they brought in new ones, guess what? The routines still stunk! So at this point, I really don't know what the heck is broken.

I just wish they'd figure it out and fix it before too many of us lose interest and our formerly favorite show gets cancelled.

Why hasn't somebody come up with an alternative show? I sort of liked that Superstars of Dance show although the host (Michael Flatley) made me want to poke sharp things in my ears to get him to shut up already. Step it Up and Dance? Had potential, again, major issues with the hostess (Elizabeth Berkley).
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

One of my favorite things on SYTYCD is when we get to see styles of dance from other countries so my idea for an alternate dance show would be something like World of Dance, where the dancers pick a different country out of a hat each week and have to do the style of dance on that card. I think that would be really interesting!

FORT Fogey

I don't follow any other boards re: SYTYCD and so do not have a good overall feel for how this season is being received by the unfortunates who view without the benefit of FoRT commentary. Wonder if they are as disappointed as I (and some other posters here) feel regarding contestants, judging, choreography, and even music selection this season? And I am truly disappointed because I love this show! Or is that past tense? When I remember Mark, Katie, Kent, Neil, and Allison, I was impressed and many times, awed. This season...not so much.

I miss Wade's choreography immensely, his quirky lines and amazing match of dance and music. We haven't had anything close this season. Not even from Sonya whose name I can never remember to spell correctly.

Enough of my soap box rant. I will be here on Wednesday evening, TV on and laptop fired up. Will continue to hope and pray that things will improve once the all stars come on board. But...a little part of the me that watches so faithfully disengages every time the judges give inconsistent feedback to allow one contestant another chance while sending the other home for the same issue.

Beginning to feel really sad about SYTYCD's chances for another seven seasons.

I too worry about their chances for another season. There is too much obvious favoritism and some of the stronger dancers have left in favor of it, such as IMHO Nick and Ivetta (age aside, she IS a world champion).

You have dancers who obviously are the weakest in the dance for your life and they are saved, yet the stronger of the pair is seen as the albatross of the two.

America is told to vote for their favorite dancers, and when the dancers are not the Reading Railroad (the ones that the judges are thinking are on track to the finals), they're chastised for it.

Yes, Sasha/Alexander may have had the weaker dance, but they are well-liked over Ricky and Ryan. This is harsh, but it's obvious to us all.

If we're supposed to vote for our favorite and the best dancers, a couple of the duos wouldn't be gone now. It'd still be Ricky and Ryan eliminated some time back.

Rate it's going, Fox will mostly likely cancel it after this season if not the next. The reviews I'm reading of this show so far are not boding well, and we all know that it has been threatened with cancellation before.

That said, if it was, ABC really does need to consider Cat being co-host with Tom. I think the banter would really give that show a punch.
    JavaJo likes this.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I don't follow any other boards re: SYTYCD and so do not have a good overall feel for how this season is being received by the unfortunates who view without the benefit of FoRT commentary. Wonder if they are as disappointed as I (and some other posters here) feel regarding contestants, judging, choreography, and even music selection this season? And I am truly disappointed because I love this show! Or is that past tense? When I remember Mark, Katie, Kent, Neil, and Allison, I was impressed and many times, awed. This season...not so much.

I miss Wade's choreography immensely, his quirky lines and amazing match of dance and music. We haven't had anything close this season. Not even from Sonya whose name I can never remember to spell correctly.

Enough of my soap box rant. I will be here on Wednesday evening, TV on and laptop fired up. Will continue to hope and pray that things will improve once the all stars come on board. But...a little part of the me that watches so faithfully disengages every time the judges give inconsistent feedback to allow one contestant another chance while sending the other home for the same issue.

Beginning to feel really sad about SYTYCD's chances for another seven seasons.
    I've been lurking and posting primarily about SYTYCD here on FORT for a few seasons now, and have watched every season, every show.

This year the opinions are extremely negative, people just seem to really not like this show anymore. The dancers, the choreography, etc.

Season 4 was my favorite. And tends to be the season of comparison for me. I will admit - each season, I find less and less to be thrilled about. Few of the performers are as exciting to me as those of the past. I'm not really connecting with them the way I've found I have in the past. And the choreography seems somewhat lacking. Even the judges seem to think so - while not saying so directly, they certainly are making a lot of statements along the lines of, "you have to take what you're given and try to sell it."

I wonder if some senior FORTers are feeling the same way. A lot of the ones that I saw post over the past few years aren't posting in this forum, and that's disappointing to me. Where are you, TopCatDC? CrossingGuard? Others like that.

I'll continue to watch, every year, every show. There are always a few gems that make it worthwhile for me. This year, I'm especially enjoying performances by Melanie, Sasha, Jess, and maybe one or two others. I actually love Travis's choreography and despite his lack of popularity, Tyce's as well. I hope that now that Ryan is off the show, Mia gets back in the saddle, too.

Not thrilled with the choices of all stars, with a few exceptions. But looking forward to seeing if that perks things up a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345