+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

I think it's safe to say that none of us literally hate Ryan herself. While it may be implied in my rant I do, that is not true. There's nothing I or anyone here can hate about her as a person. She's just like all of us.

What I hate is the favoritism being showed toward her. As someone mentioned, she was told she was fabulous and Nigel clearly pointed out that they loved her, but did the warning to Ricky, who in our opinion is the stronger of the two dancers.

If just about anyone on this show did their dance for their life like Ryan did, they'd be told to go home. She doesn't have strong extensions, she doesn't really hold things for long, and frankly IMHO yesterday's dance of the three looked like she was flopping around.

I've never liked what I see as bias toward any contestant on the show, even beloved ones such as (from the couple of seasons I've seen), Kent, Lauren, Alex, Melanie, Marko, and a few others. But the people whom I've listed can also back up the fawning that they were and still are given. Ryan, in most of our eyes, cannot back up the judge's fawning with her dancing and many of us feel that she was only in this contest because of the Mia tie-in. This is not the first time in any show we've felt this way - Saleshia from "America's Next Top Model" is a GIGANTIC example of this, but it doesn't irritate us any less.

But as a person, NO, we do not hate her. We just don't like her dancing and don't like favoritism.
    AZChristian likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    really , okay..

How dare he say that Ricky is not connecting to the viewers. It is Ryan who is not connecting!

I took this to mean you were speaking for me, and the rest of America. Ashley was weak, her routine was weak, once again.America got it right

have a good one!
    In most of our opinions, Ashley was the stronger dancer in a dance for her life. Ryan's was bad, and IMHO if it's supposed to be a saving grace, then factor it in more. I think Ashley could've danced like Melanie and lost to Ryan.

Going by overall, they were about the same IMHO. Either could go based on overall experience, but if it's supposed to be a dance for your life in the show, then Ashley won it last night as far as I'm concerned.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post

When it got to the solos, I had to agree with the judges about the girls. Even as Ashley danced, I thought "This is terrible. Unless Jordan blows it poor Ashley is gone tonight." And that's exactly what happened. The guys all danced well, so I couldn't pick. I was sorry that Chris got pulled down by Ashley's lousy performance
    Yup Ashley was not good at all, she needed to go

I don't hate Ryan. Oh ok, maybe just a little. LOL but that's because of Mia and Nigel.

As I said, I didn't have a problem with Ashley going home. She did herself in because when you are clearly fodder and are never shown outside of the obligatory interview clips prior to the routine...then you need to bring it and bring it hard. She was fighting an uphill battle and I personally feel that she threw in the towel. She should have been clawing, scratching, biting...whatever it took to make people notice her and make the producers realize that they were completely wrong shoving her into the corner.

Others have done it.

Others have been placed in this exact same position (shoved behind clear producer favorites) and clawed their way to the top with viewer votes because they refused to accept what the producers were trying to do. So no, I don't feel that Ashley was the wrong one to go home. She didn't do much to help herself.

On the other hand, every single girl remaining is miles above Ryan and that is ticking me off. Even Ashley, who did nothing to save herself, was a better dancer. Ryan isn't even trying, why should she? When she knows that she's got this in the bag till at least top 10. I am basing this off her solos, they were half-butt.

Overall I'm just annoyed with the way the judging is going this season and Nigel's refusal to split the couples up and his very clear agenda.

Also how do you tell one partner that "people aren't connecting with your couple" and then tell the other "you are amazing". How do you tell them that they need to really dance and show something different "Jordan that note was for you" and not give the same note to Ryan who isn't even trying?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I'm relieved to come on here today to know I am not alone in my disappointment in the decision to keep Ryan and the OBVIOUS favoritism being shown to her!! I also don't understand why they are letting couples go instead of individuals. Ryan is not a fantastic dancer and I was hoping she wouldn't even make top 20. How long until the judges wake up and realize the viewers DO NOT think Ryans dancing is good enough? Her poor partner is definitely taking the heat for their lack of connection. Which is too bad because I do think he is way out dancing her a$$!! Since many viewers also don't like Mia it was probably detrimental to Ryan to show her Mia relationship... didn't do her many favors, but then again, she's getting many favors from the judges!

OK so I heard something funny and wanted to share it. You know how on Glee they explained that Hairography is done by those who can't sing to disguise that fact? Somebody tied it to dancing and said that all the flipping and "hairography" is done by those dancers who can't dance. I thought it was brilliant and so true.

Somebody like Sasha or Melanie who don't have the hair to flip around and yet still manage to convey their emotions without resorting to hair flipping are such better dancers, in my humble opinion.
    AZChristian likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I don't hate Ryan. Oh ok, maybe just a little. LOL but that's because of Mia and Nigel.
    I don't hate Ryan, either. I've been more irritated at Nigel. Gads, man, why don't you just walk up on the stage, and hang a sign around her neck that says "SHE'S NOT GOING HOME"? I mean, gads, that whole "We love you step back" thing just bugged me. Couldn't you at least pretend to be objective? Do we really have to make it that obvious?

As I said, I didn't have a problem with Ashley going home. She did herself in because when you are clearly fodder and are never shown outside of the obligatory interview clips prior to the routine...then you need to bring it and bring it hard. She was fighting an uphill battle and I personally feel that she threw in the towel. She should have been clawing, scratching, biting...whatever it took to make people notice her and make the producers realize that they were completely wrong shoving her into the corner.

Others have done it.

Others have been placed in this exact same position (shoved behind clear producer favorites) and clawed their way to the top with viewer votes because they refused to accept what the producers were trying to do. So no, I don't feel that Ashley was the wrong one to go home. She didn't do much to help herself.
    Thank you! That kept bugging me while Ashley performed. How could the girl who did that sexy jail dance be performing this badly on her solo? It just didn't fit. That sounds perfectly plausible, that she just gave up. That irritates me, too. Even if I thought the judges had it in for me, I would have gone out with all guns blazing just to stick it to them.

Overall I'm just annoyed with the way the judging is going this season and Nigel's refusal to split the couples up and his very clear agenda.
    Oh, yeah, the not-splitting-couples thing is really getting to me, too. For Pete's sake, after you've eliminated the girl, why torture the guys when they know who's going home? Gads, I can't imagine the pressure these contestants must be under this season. Not only do they have to dance well in their solos, but they have to pray that their partner doesn't screw up either and pull them down. How disheartening.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Regardless of what you think of them, I am SHOCKED that Ryan/Ricky is in the bottom. I also quite liked Ryan's dance for her life. It much better than Jordan and Ashley's. I have seen those before. R/R killed their routine yesterday too. Really surprised nobody liked the zombie routine and music, it was probably my favorite danceof the night.

Speaking of Ryan, maybe there is more to the story than we think... why would Mia Michaels be drawn to a 16 year old, with VERY little dance experience? There is something that the judges and Mia saw in her that just isn't translating onto TV. Probably why they favor her (in addition to Mia). I think a lot of you are kinda just like the judges - same stance no matter what happens.

Sasha/Alexander really belong there instead. Routine was too smooth, had no real connection or emotion. I don't really think Alexander emotes well. Even on the war piece I was unimpressed.

I HATE this whole BS of voting for and eliminating couples. It's just bogus crap and that's all there is to it. It should be vote for the guys and girls individually, and eliminate them individually. It always has been pairs up until now and it's not right. A good dancer shouldn't be held accountable for another's mistakes and a bad dance should not get carried by another one. Just ****ing kill this style of judging/voting and be done with it once and for all.

I absolutely hate the judges on this show too. DWTS > SYTYCD. Say what you want, and we all know they give out numbers that are too high, BUT they always manager to offer constructive criticism. Even when they love something! Only Travis did that yesterday, the rest are like "I'm not feeling it or no emotion"... is that all you have? They should be saying dance tips, not just what they see a lack of, and not only when they are on the chopping block.

I don't think Ashley or ANY of the contestants should need to ham it up for the camera to get brownie points to say in the competition. That's stupid too. I know it's how the "game" works but I'd rather stay humble and do what I was there for. If the producers don't love it, oh well. So You Think You Can DANCE, not So You Think You Can Steal Camera Time.
    Last edited by Endit; 07-08-2011 at 06:23 PM.
    pikachu likes this.

FORT Fogey

Poor Ashley. As soon as Ryan and Jordan were in the bottom with her, I knew she was going home. Ryan and Jordan, along with Melanie are the judges top 3 girls. She could've danced the most inspired piece ever, but it wouldn't have been enough. Two weeks in row, she and Chris were given crap choreography and wardrobe. A deep blue dress for a fiery salsa dance, really?

I'm shocked she and Chris made it as far as they did in the competition. They were never given any camera time in Vegas, we saw Ashley's audition early on, and never saw Chris unitl the top 20 annoucement. Then, they put these two unknowns together. Agree, they were both fodder and kudos to them for hanging in to the top 14!

The Jail Routine has been the highlight of the season for me

To the Point

Not a Ryan fan. If I could send the two people home of my choice, I'd send Ryan and Alexander. Just.not.a.fan.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast