+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 50
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

  1. #21
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Harmony, did I say "Thank you"?? LOL!
    Awwww...thanks! I don't normally bother watching the results show but when I saw that last night very few people watched then I sort of felt like I owed it to you guys who always do such an awesome job posting. So I "took one for the team" LOL! and watched that dreadful results show so others didn't have to.

    OK some additional comments now that I'm awake and full of yummy Starbucks.

    I'm afraid that the comment Nigel made to Ricky is setting something up for next week if they wind up in the bottom again. The judges, Nigel, refuse to admit that it is Ryan's fault this keeps happening. I predict now that if they find themselves there again next week that Ricky will be sent home and Ryan kept. This in spite of the fact that Ricky has done his "job" every single week. He has danced his best in the routine and he has truly done outstanding solos. He will go home and be blamed for the "lack of connection."

    Ryan is an entitled grinning buffoon. Others have irked me the past with how they come off as soooooo much better than everybody else but none as much as Ryan. No wonder Mia loves her (cut from the same cloth those two).

    About Mia - I started hating her when she was so evil to poor Brandon. I have never forgiven her for the vile comments she kept throwing at him and then she kept trying to gloss it over by claiming that she was just giving him tough love. Brandon did not need it, he was then and still is an amazing dancer. I've come to the conclusion that Mia just hates masculine dancers.

    Bet she would have torn Wadi apart.

    Ashley was fodder. We were never allowed to really get to know her and from what little we saw? I would have liked the chance. She seems like this very sweet and very happy young lady. They did us and her a disservice shoving her into the background and leaving her there. She didn't help matters by being so lackluster in her dancing. Perhaps because she knew it was pointless to even bother?

    Speaking of pointless, did you guys see Chris's face when Ashley was sent home? Poor kid knew he was gone too. These are not stupid dancers, they have seen the trend (couples going home) and as soon as the girl is gone....you know the guy's heart sinks.

    Again....poor Ricky. He is going home unless some miracle happens and they manage to avoid the bottom three next week. After Ryan and her ridiculous "me, me, me....I'm an orphan who was adopted by the great Mia...me, me, me" confessional, I have no doubt they are bottom three bound again next week and....poor Ricky.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

  2. #22
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    And on a side note...does anyone else think Tadd reminds them of Dominic (and not just the hair)? I was a big Dom fan- he had a great personality and I get the same vibe from Tadd. I hope Dominic is back for Allstars too. He had an amazing routine last year with Lauren set to "If I Were a Boy"- one of my favorites.
    He has some Dom leanings except for one major difference....Dominic was a camera hogging show-off that quickly got on people's nerves. Tadd is what Dom could have been if he had learned to back off and tone it down about 100%. I much prefer Tadd (and I actually sort of like Dom...in some doses). Tadd has an amazing personality, both he and Marko are the male "stars" of this season.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Harmony, thank you.

    Ryan is the reason Ricky is in the bottom 3! Nigel does not see this. I have not been impressed with her solo's and don't like her grin. Nigel is hell bent on keeping Ryan due to her connection to Mia. How dare he say that Ricky is not connecting to the viewers. It is Ryan who is not connecting!
    NCLurker and AZChristian like this.

  4. #24
    Misanthropic Momma Jezebella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chilly Colorado
    Posts
    479

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Agree with the above posters. Even my husband, who is not a big fan of dance, could see that Ryan's solo was weak. I can't wait till the judges have no more say about who goes home so we can send Ryan packing. And Travis--we didn't get it wrong!

    I won't go on a long rant because others have already voiced my opinions. Suffice it to say this is probably the least interested I've been in SYTYCD for a long time.

    p.s. Florence and the machine? Ewwwwwwww my ears may have started bleeding!

  5. #25
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,700

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Harmony, thank you.

    Ryan is the reason Ricky is in the bottom 3! Nigel does not see this. I have not been impressed with her solo's and don't like her grin. Nigel is hell bent on keeping Ryan due to her connection to Mia. How dare he say that Ricky is not connecting to the viewers. It is Ryan who is not connecting!
    She's connecting with me.I think she dances very much like Mia did at one time. She tosses her hair more than Mia ever did. As for Ricky, they are partners and what Nigel said was, you and your partner are not connecting!! see not everyone hates Ryan, I know I dont.I dont hate any of them.I dont buy that Nigel wants to keep her around either..its jmho. But my goodness, these kids have a passion for dance, and they are trying to make it into their dance world.I applaud each and every one of them

  6. #26
    Pineapple! ClosetRTWatcher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Groovin' with my human boom box
    Posts
    4,571

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    I guess I'm the only one who likes Florence + the Machine! I think her voice is amazing, although in this performance she was seriously over-doing it with the vibrato. The only thing that frustrates me is that the songs that have been getting heavy airplay are not the ones that I like the best!!
    YouTube - Florence + The Machine - Kiss With A Fist
    YouTube - Florence + The Machine - My Boy Builds Coffins

  7. #27
    Crazy Shutterbug Harmony2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    4,163

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She's connecting with me.I think she dances very much like Mia did at one time. She tosses her hair more than Mia ever did. As for Ricky, they are partners and what Nigel said was, you and your partner are not connecting!! see not everyone hates Ryan, I know I dont.I dont hate any of them.I dont buy that Nigel wants to keep her around either..its jmho. But my goodness, these kids have a passion for dance, and they are trying to make it into their dance world.I applaud each and every one of them
    Has Mia ever tossed her hair around? Would look a bit ridiculous given her short hair and body type.

    In my original post, I did quote Nigel as saying that BOTH him and his partner are not connecting with the audience and then Nigel continues with saying that "you need to think about that." The issue at hand is that Ryan was not told something similar. Ryan was told "you are amazing, step back." Or something about her routine was amazing.

    Bottom line is that this is a partnership, Ryan gets all the glory and Ricky is getting the blame. It is not Ricky landing them in the bottom, this will be proven once they reach top 10 and Ryan is the first girl sent home by America.
    shoepie and AZChristian like this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

  8. #28
    FORT Fogey
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    13,531

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She's connecting with me.I think she dances very much like Mia did at one time. She tosses her hair more than Mia ever did. As for Ricky, they are partners and what Nigel said was, you and your partner are not connecting!! see not everyone hates Ryan, I know I dont.I dont hate any of them.I dont buy that Nigel wants to keep her around either..its jmho. But my goodness, these kids have a passion for dance, and they are trying to make it into their dance world.I applaud each and every one of them
    Yes, he did say you and your partner are not connecting. I intended to convey is that I believe it is Ryan, not Ricky, who is responsible for them being in the bottom. I do not hate Ryan, never even implied this! There are some of us who do not find her compelling; that is it, nothing more. And some who like her.

  9. #29
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,700

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Has Mia ever tossed her hair around? Would look a bit ridiculous given her short hair and body type.

    In my original post, I did quote Nigel as saying that BOTH him and his partner are not connecting with the audience and then Nigel continues with saying that "you need to think about that." The issue at hand is that Ryan was not told something similar. Ryan was told "you are amazing, step back." Or something about her routine was amazing.

    Bottom line is that this is a partnership, Ryan gets all the glory and Ricky is getting the blame. It is not Ricky landing them in the bottom, this will be proven once they reach top 10 and Ryan is the first girl sent home by America.
    I was joking about her hair! gawd..I will bow out, you guys know way way more than me.However it looks like America got it right. Travis btw said she/they were amazing, Nigel did not!
    I will take his word, as he has been there..
    cheers!

  10. #30
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,700

    Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Yes, he did say you and your partner are not connecting. I intended to convey is that I believe it is Ryan, not Ricky, who is responsible for them being in the bottom. I do not hate Ryan, never even implied this! There are some of us who do not find her compelling; that is it, nothing more. And some who like her.
    really , okay..

    How dare he say that Ricky is not connecting to the viewers. It is Ryan who is not connecting!

    I took this to mean you were speaking for me, and the rest of America. Ashley was weak, her routine was weak, once again.America got it right

    have a good one!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.