+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 7/7 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    And now the boys:

Ricky "Travis believes that next to Marko you are the best contemporary dancer we have this season. Somehow you and your partner are not connecting with America. You need to think about that."

Chris "Whenever it comes to dancing with your life, you always bring out your best routines."

Tadd "Travis really wants to work with you."

Chris already knows he's going home since Ashley is out. Duh. We all know that Nigel isn't going to break up couples yet.

Now about that Ricky comment....WTH?!?!? So HE gets the blame for them landing in the bottom and not connecting? Ryan gets a "we love you" and Ricky gets told that it's pretty much his fault? That is such BS! It's Ryan! Ryan is the reason they keep landing in the bottom. I need a "Free Ricky" shirt.
    Oh FGS, just send Ryan home already.

Well apparently Travis thinks this and Travis thinks that so it would seem that he got to have the final say with who went home. He loves Ryan, he wants to work with Tadd, and he thinks Ricky is the 2nd best contemporary dancer next to Marko. That left Chris for the boys side and Jordan and Ashley for the girls. It's Jordan's first time in the bottom 3 so she wasn't going anywhere, which left Ashley. I had no problem with her going home. She didn't get any facetime during the auditions and I didn't warm to her during any of her performances and her solos were very weak compared to the others so it was her time. I think Travis and Mia are very close so I don't think Travis would ever recommend Ryan to go home. I don't remember any other season where they have sent so many couples home together. It used to happen every now and again, but usually they just put the guy and girl together whose partners had been sent home. I think Chris would've benefitted from a different partner and I think Ricky would too, but with one more week before allstars I don't think Nigel will play switcheroo, so look for the weakest couple to go home next week too.

And on a side note...does anyone else think Tadd reminds them of Dominic (and not just the hair)? I was a big Dom fan- he had a great personality and I get the same vibe from Tadd. I hope Dominic is back for Allstars too. He had an amazing routine last year with Lauren set to "If I Were a Boy"- one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Maybaybie; 07-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Ricky "Travis believes that next to Marko you are the best contemporary dancer we have this season. Somehow you and your partner are not connecting with America. You need to think about that."
    This made me so mad I yelled at the TV. IT IS RYAN WE DON'T LIKE -- DON'T BLAME RICKY!!!!!!!

I keep hoping they are going to switch some couples up, but they keep eliminating them in pairs. I wish they would mix them up so they can see who it is in these pairs that we really don't like!!

ETA:
    Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post
    And on a side note...does anyone else think Tadd reminds them of Dominic? I was a big Dom fan- he had a great personality and I get the same vibe from Tadd.
    I like Tadd more than Dominic. For some reason Dom gave me a bit of a skeevy vibe.
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-07-2011 at 11:10 PM.

Thanks to all who post :-) You save me from watching Ryan dance (which I guess will happen again next week. Phooey.)

BTW, for the heck of it, I searched Nigel's twitstream (at search.twitter.com). LOTS of people were very unhappy with tonight's results.
    Last edited by TripleGemini; 07-07-2011 at 11:47 PM. Reason: added twitstream info

I just have one thing to say to Mr. Nigel Barker in regard to: "Travis believes that next to Marko you are the best contemporary dancer we have this season. Somehow you and your partner are not connecting with America. You need to think about that."

NO sir, this is flat out and utter BS. Ricky is an EXCELLENT dancer, and has danced for his life twice the way he's supposed to do so. He was deserving of staying - Chris was the weakest of the three boys.

We love him - we do not like Ryan and despise the obvious favortism.

RYAN had the WORST dance for her life, not just once but IMHO both times. While I understand Ashley may have had a bad night last night, we've been told that this is a Dance for your life in the show.

In fact, Ricky's first time in the bottom three had was indeed the worst dancer of the three and he was SAVED because he had that perfect dance for his life. He was saved over Nick, whom I did enjoy more out of the two, but at least he lost to someone who DANCED for his LIFE.

Ryan's dance was sloppy, not sharp. It didn't translate well to the music (admittedly neither did Ashley's but at least Ashley's was closer), and she has done this TWICE.

Yet, Nigel, YOU and the judges keep saving her because of one thing - Mia. Many of us do not like Mia - at least now - because of her attack on Adechike last year when she said that she missed Alex in the contest when it was something Ade couldn't help, and not only that, her "apology" was nothing more than trying to tell people "Hey, I did nothing wrong in my comments" when they were totally unfair to a dancer who had to adapt to a new dancer which really wasn't fair to him.

I also despise obvious favoritism, and this is damn near blatant when you have a sloppy dancer advance over a better dance for your life dancer.

Travis? - Telling US we got it wrong in putting Ryan and Ricky in the bottom three when we are told to vote for our FAVORITE dancer? Sorry sir, you need to get an education - this is a popularity contest, and even if it were techincal, Ryan is NOT the best woman dancer left, and is in fact the weakest amongst many of us who can dance.

Sorry Travis, Judges - but WE got it right. Ryan is not our favorite dancer, and honestly you need to look at the fact and accept it instead of trying to shame us into keeping her.

Seriously - I know there were people upset with the Kent fawning last season, but hell, he had Great dancing skills, as did Lauren. Loved both of them because they were popular but also talented. IMHO, and in the eyes of many Ryan doesn't have these skills.

Please, stop backlashing at us, and Ricky by default for being her partner, for our wishing Ryan to go home over better dancers.

(Sorry for the huge rant, but this is so blatant, I'd rather deal with some of the stuff watching "Big Brother" this season. )

I just finished watching the solo's ... Ryan's was by far the weakest of the three girls.

Why are the judge's hell bent on saving her. Hasn't she tried out in the past, and this is the first years she's actually made it? If the judges didn't think she was strong enough in prior years, why continue to save her each week now?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Perfect results tonight as far as I'm concerned. Ashley could have gone last week. She's a sweet girl but not the best and most versatile dancer.

I'm in the minority in that I think Ryan is doing really well! True, she didn't bring her best to the dance for your life thing tonight. Perhaps she was too confident she was going to stick around so she held back. She needs to step it up or she'll be going home soon.

Does it seem like this year the judges are purposefully voting out couples to keep existing couples together? That's kind of disappointing to me because in past seasons I enjoyed seeing dancers mix it up with new partners. Plus, it's not fair in cases where one person is stronger than their partner and either the weaker person passes for the week based on the strength of their partner or a stronger person goes home because they have a lame duck partner. I think Miranda going home was a case of a strong dancer being out sooner than they should have because of the weakness of their partner. Robert was a great guy and added a sense of fun to the show but he wasn't as talented as some of the other male dancers.

Although I haven't liked her in the past, I was genuinely shocked that R & R ended up in the B3. For me, S & A's utterly boring hip-hop dance was far worse than what R & R danced. I personally think her video did Ryan in. All that blathering about how she works with Mia and got to appear on House was distinctly unappealing.

When it got to the solos, I had to agree with the judges about the girls. Even as Ashley danced, I thought "This is terrible. Unless Jordan blows it poor Ashley is gone tonight." And that's exactly what happened. The guys all danced well, so I couldn't pick. I was sorry that Chris got pulled down by Ashley's lousy performance.

Well, got to give it to Nigel. At least he was honest about their love for Ryan.

That cosmic group did absolutely nothing for me. I couldn't understand their lyrics and and it was just way too bizarre for me.

And technically, the Cedar Lake Company didn't dance with Matt Damon. They danced with the lady who played his GF.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I thought the ones that went home, would go home.I am happy Sasha is still there.and a couple others America got it right..

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I didn't care for Florence and the Machine, either. Simon Cowell would have called their music self-indulgent nonsense.
    KELBEL likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast