+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: July 6th performace

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: July 6th performace

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Remember when Katie and her partner did that dance where he was a workaholic, and she was the wife begging him to stay home as he prepared to leave yet again on a business trip? Oh my goodness, I watched that over and over again. I also downloaded the song (Leona's "Bleeding Love"). It still moves me to tears thinking about it.
    That wasn't Katie. It was Chelsie and Mark. I loved them and that was one of my favorite SYTYCD routines ever! My very favorite routine was Twitch and Alex's hip hop. EPIC!

I haven't watched much of this show this season, but its always been one of my favorites so I decided to put it on last night. After nearly an hour I had only seen two partner dances. Four judges are too many. It was too many on Idol and its too many on SYTYCD. Neither dance I saw struck me as all that exciting. I don't know if I'll try again or not. I really want to be as excited about this show as I've been in past seasons. Its just on too long and not enough dancing for me right now.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

So I expected a complete train wreck....and it wasn't. I didn't think the dances were all that bad. There were even a couple that were pretty dang good. The worst of the night, easily, hands down, was Ashley and Chris. I blame the choreographer for that, they were given total crap. Now I blame the dancer because Marko and Melanie were given a total crap NappyTabs routine and they managed to transcend it. A good dancer can do that.

My favorite? Mandy Moore, the last one with Caitlyn and Mitchell. There were others that made me smile a little and made me feel happy watching them dance. I liked the waltz that wasn't a waltz. I also liked Melanie and Marko's number.

I also watched the show without listening to a single judge comment, it made the show so much more enjoyable for me. I never realized how much their screeching, over praising, or clear agendas ruin things for me till I decided to wait till I could FF past them.

Bottom 3 is hard to call, I have no idea how the viewers are voting but I can hazard a guess.

Ashley and Chris
    Sasha and Alexander (I can't even remember what they did and I just watched it!)
    Clarice & Jess (another that I can't remember what they did)

I doubt Nigel is breaking up the couples yet so I predict that Ashley and Chris are out of there.

I hated the all girl number and loved the all guy one.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456