+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 6/30 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 6/30 Results Show *Spoilers*

I was okay with who went home, my fave is still there. I was so happy Mitchell was safe as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    The judges are really playing this for water cooler purposes. IF and I stress IF Ryan wins this, it will be a travesty. I think almost all the other dances if not all still in it are better than her, and just because she has Mia in her corner doesn't make her better than the others.
    I don't think Ryan will win. Even if they wanted to keep her around for a few weeks, I don't think it will last. She just isn't strong enough to win the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    I don't think Ryan will win. Even if they wanted to keep her around for a few weeks, I don't think it will last. She just isn't strong enough to win the whole thing.
    I dont think she will win either. Other dancers are far stronger than her, and others are/were weaker.

FORT Fan

I record it so I can ff through the drivel. I kept my eye on Ryan last night in the group number. Anyone notice her lumbering ungracefully during the more athletic movements, I almost feel like I can hear her grunting. She dances very heavy. I'm not saying she's heavy, I bet irl she weighs nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Who is she? She is sort of like Ashley for me, I know she exists but I keep forgetting her. Is she the one with the curly hair and long skinny face?
    Yeah, same here. Unfortunately, most of these dancers are a blur for me. I know Ryan...and Ashley because she's the only African-American girl, and Melanie because of her close-cropped hair. The men I can never remember. I couldn't remember anything about Robert until he whoooooed again.

I think I may sort of have liked her. She danced with Robert.....*insert music*.....I don't even need to know which guy is going home. Nigel hates breaking up the couples this early in the game. Nice knowing you dancing Urkel!
    You noticed?

Gosh....what a shocker....only not... once they announced Miranda was out of there (why oh why couldn't it have been Ryan? But at least I'm not livid like I was last week).
    Yeah, I won't be unhappy when Ryan goes home, but I honestly didn't mind it as much this week. Was it just me, or did the camera stay back more so you could see less of her face? I remember thinking this was a conspiracy of Nigel's. I also remember being able to focus on the dancing more, which I thought was actually pretty good. That judge was right, it was pretty good of Ricki to be able to dance around that ribbon without falling on his face.

Oh, and having seen the clips, I couldn't agree more about that samba. Holy mackerel, how could the judges praise that guy dancing? Even just seeing that little bit made me think he was terrible. He reminded me of a broken doll, all disjointed and ungainly.

"Mellifluous"--that's my word of the day.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Yeah, same here. Unfortunately, most of these dancers are a blur for me. I know Ryan...and Ashley because she's the only African-American girl, and Melanie because of her close-cropped hair. The men I can never remember. I couldn't remember anything about Robert until he whoooooed again.
    Ummm, what about Sasha?

I was listening to some music today and Gravity by Sara Bareilles came up in my shuffle. It inspired me to go back and watch Kayla and Kupono's performance to this song. That has to be one of the best performances ever on this show and I just can't imagine any of the dancers this season pulling off something like that. On top of that, I miss Mia's choreography. I know people complain about her, but sometimes she pulls brilliance out of her hat. The balance in this dance between Kupono trapping her, but then offering her just enough support to keep stringing her along is perfect!!! It makes me teary eyed every time I watch it.

If anyone else wants to be reminded of how sensational this show can be: YouTube - Season 5, Week 5 - Kayla & Kupono

ETA, I also miss Wade Robson terribly. I love Sonya, but he brought something to the show that was stellar. I just don't have a lot of hope that he will come back as a regular contributor. YouTube - Season 5 - Janette & Brandon
    Last edited by ClosetRTWatcher; 07-01-2011 at 01:04 PM.

I agree that Mia could come up with some awesome routines but at time, they all could. Even Tyce's earlier stuff was pretty good. NappyTabs, too. Bleeding Love and the one with Katee and Joshua were just amazing. I think after all these seasons, the choreo's are just running out of good ideas. It's not fresh anymore. I've noticed a few new choreo's and I'm really not digging their stuff, either.

Nigel keeps mentioning Emmy nominations. So far this season, I haven't seen one dance worthy of a nom, let alone a trophy.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Nigel also told Mitchel that for some reason he keeps ending up in the bottom 3. Uhm....he was only in it one other time and that was because he was injured, if memory serves me correctly.

I'm mad about Miranda. Nigel said she was the most improved...so he admitted that she is actually growing. Wasn't his excuse for keeping Horsey Face the same last week? That she had potential to grow? But he kept Ryan and ditches Miranda? I would have went with Ashley. Her solo was boring.

I'm really starting to despise this show. Which is really sad because it WAS one of my absolute favorites. I think Nigel needs to find a judge to take his place and just stay on the production end of things. Ugh.
    You took so many words out of my mouth! I can't remember being so unhappy with the eliminations this early. I don't understand why Ashley was kept. She didn't do anything special at all, whereas I thought the other two did great. I also don't get Chris either - now there's a couple I wouldn't mind losing! I enjoyed Robert's solo so much more than Chris's. Robert had me smiling, and not because he was funny, but because he was entertaining and did it well.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    Ummm, what about Sasha?
    LOL!

She is actually one of the ones I can remember. This is what happens when you have a sea of sameness, they all blend into this huge blur with only the hiphop guys standing out. And Nigel thinks a girl will win, ha!

Ryan (because I've hated her since the last time she tried out), Melanie (because I loved her from the moment she auditioned), and Sasha (because while I adore her personality and she's made an impression...I don't like her dancing.)

Good thing it's America's FAVORITE dancer and not most technically proficient/moving/etc.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast