+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by lurkinlady View Post
    When they say they have 7 hours, I wonder what happens when a choreographer has more than one couple that week. The couple who gets the choreographer first gets more time to practice. I have a hard time believing the choreographer doesn't stop by again sometime during the weekend to check up on them. But say you get Tyce the day after the result show, you have an extra day to practice, surely they have access to studio space. And what else are they doing? I know costumes and make up and staging and the group number must take up time, but I never even see them interviewed and pics anywhere of the contestants.

But 7 hours is enough to learn a 2 minute routine. As a former dancer you spend the last 20 - 30 minutes of a dance class learning a small combination so I have to believe highly trained dancers can learn a number with assistants and the sole focus of the choreographer in that amount of time.
    I dont think these are highly trained dancers I think they do very well.I too have danced, but when its not your genre, it sheds a whole new light on learning everything

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I don't start watching the performance show until it is at least half way done... so I can start from the beginning and ff thru the commercials AND EVERYTHING LIL'C HAS TO SAY! Every single time he opens his mouth, I ff to the next person speaking. He's just ridiculous. It's not a matter of being literal or not being literal, it's a matter of speaking intelligently, using words intelligently to convey a point. All he does is choose words that make little if any sense. His crap is a total non-sequitur designed to impress himself. Some people think if they use more words, if they use bigger words, they will impress others. Wrong. All you do is show others how ignorant you truly are.

Melanie and Marko had the only routine of the night that got me totally involved. Loved it, loved it, loved it!!!

Kristin Chenoweth is an absolute gem. So talented and just a joy in general.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    AH! Light bulb moment! Thank you so much for explaining this, I was really upset that my favorite girl (Melanie) had contracted the Grinning Goon disease from Ryan. It actually makes sense the way you described it (did they describe it that way and I missed it because I was freaked out that NappyTabs could potentially ruin things for my favorite guy and girl?).
    During the section where they showed Melanie and Marko working with Nappy Tabs they talked about the story behind the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    About Tadd and Jordan, I'm not getting the comments about how inappropriate it was at all. The only thing out of line was all that kissing Nigel was doing (haha). Seriously, I see more risque things on TV all the time. So they did a dance about a hook-up. They were both dressed (well as much as one would be on the beach or at a pool!) and they didn't do anything overtly sexual (which they do all the time on Soaps and other shows that come on at 8pm). I can't believe I'm defending a NappyTabs routine but I thought it was fine.
    I think it was only inappropriate in the sense that this is a family show and people who are watching it with young kids certainly aren't going to explain college hook ups to their little ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Is this Beetlejuice? The costumes were great, but that was about all I liked. Yes, it was unfair of Nigel to criticize the music; however, I understood his underlying point. There was something about this dance that was just "off," and I think it was the music for me, too.
    I was actually referring to the samba here. I thought the Beyonce song was an odd choice. It seemed too slow for the dance.

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Was this the one with long ribbon? If not, then I apologize. I liked the ribbon one, and I didn't have an issue with the smiling.
    Here I was referring to a Nappy Tabs routine. People upthread thought that Melanie was "catching" inappropriate smiling from Ryan (who was the one in the ribbon routine).

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Ok,

Sasha and Alex: It was nice, but she slipped on the piano once.......

Ryan and Rickie: Honestly, I'm to the point where I can't even watch this girl dance. So after the first 10 seconds, I gave up and played a game of solitaire on my iPod instead. But I must say, she's really soft for a dancer. Her legs have very little muscle tone. Even Melanie who is probably the biggest girl there, weight wise, has strong legs. Ryan's don't look very graceful because of it. I just do not understand why the judges love her so much (except for the Mia connection), because she isn't all that.
    I missed any slip by Sasha and had to go back and watch it again...it was only your saying "on the piano" that helped me find it. Actually she did not slip so much as the lift was really bad and did not get her foot fully on the keys nor her body anywhere near high enough to find her balance. When I first saw this I thought he just threw her in front of the piano and she dramatically climbed up the piano...lol It was a good recovery on her part.

Thanks for pin pointing what I was trying to say about Ryan...yes, it is the lack of muscle tone...I had noticed her midriff was really squishy but I confused her bulk as being athletic build because of her style of dancing rather than realizing it was the opposite. She would benefit from some exercises if they would only point this out to her. I am surprised being around other dancers she has not picked up on the importance of workouts.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567