+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

FORT Regular

Re: 6/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    I did not like this Tadd and Jordan routine at all. Not the choreography. Not the dancing. Basically, I hated it almost as much as the woodpecker hip hop.
    I think NappyTabs might be having an off season. Like how they were (for the most part) good for seasons 4 & 7 but not as much for 5 & 6.

I can only agree with what has already been said. Love Marko and his partner, and don't much love anyone else. Ryan and Ricky....blechhh!!!

I enjoyed Kristen as a guest judge though, she made some coherent comments. Lil C, on the other hand, needs to lose his Roget's Thesaurus. Mellifluous? Please!!!
    AZChristian likes this.

Hmmmmm kinda sums it up for me. I have to say my favorite dancers and dance of the night would be Sasha and Alexander but it steadily went down hill from there for me. The worst to me were Jess and Clarice and Ryan and Ricky and I hope they will be in the bottom. I felt another weak link would be Chris, but I do like Ashley. My favorite girls have always been Melanie and Sasha from as early as their auditions and they have not disappointed me. Ryan is a strange one to me. She is an athletic dancer, but unlike the good ones in the past she lacks grace, lines and even extension. Altho when the dance is over you can clearly see that Ricky is taller than Ryan - when they dance she just seems so much larger than he and I feel he has a hard time getting around her. (not sure any of this is making sense to anyone but me as it is hard to put in words).

As far as the Judges go, I felt like they had sent over last season's AI judges...minimal helpful critique so the dancers can grow - overpraised everyone - we had some of that last year when a couple of the hip hop boys were getting so much positive reinforcement and little critique that they never grew - unfortunately one stayed way beyond what he should have because of his personality and took the spot of better dancers....hope we don't get a repeat of any of that this year. My concern for Sasha is that her technique is already so spot on and she dances with so much emotion that much more will be expected of her than of others, whereas lesser dancers may get a pass because yes, they are growing, but still have a way to go to even come close to some of the others.

Rambling too much now, so will stop...............

I did love Kristen Chenoweth though - that was a real treat!
    Last edited by JenCos; 06-30-2011 at 01:29 AM.
    JavaJo likes this.

I loved them all tonight! didnt miss anyone that went home. Everyone seemed to step it up a notch.Loved that little Kristen and her comments! I think if I have one negative comment, I dont care for Sonyas choregrophy.I never have. Its good in therory, but when they dance it, it looks awful( every time) no matter who imho

great evening love this show
    Last edited by Fanny Mare; 06-30-2011 at 02:59 AM.

Ok, this pains me to say this but here goes....SYTYCD is my second favorite reality show. Big Brother gets the top spot. But this season....something is off and I can't promise I'm going to hang in there until the end. I really don't connect with any of the dancers, especially not well enough to vote for any of them. The choreography is tired. I think they are struggling to come up with new concepts and moves. Also, I normally LOVE the music they play and download songs each night the show is on. Haven't bought a single tune yet this season. Maybe I'm tired of having sub par dancers shoved down my throat. The only one I really like is Clarice but I dont' like her partner. And I can't say I love her like I loved Lauren and Kent last season and so many others before them. With that...here's my take on tonights show if anyone still cares...lol....

Kristen as a guest judge was adorable. She had me cracking up and the whole kissing segment was the highlight of the show for me. Lil C needs to go away. He's like Tyce..if his ego gets any bigger there won't be room on the panel for Mary or Nigel. I often wonder if he's drunk or high because he makes absolutely no sense. It's not cute to make up words that nobody else understands. And it's not helpful to the kids he's judging. And if I hear "buck" one more time, I'm going to put firecrackers in my ears and light them.

Now on to the actual dancing...

Sasha and Alex: It was nice, but she slipped on the piano once and frankly, she is strong....the word that comes to mind when I see her is "hard". These soft flowy dances they keep giving her doesn't really work. Alex is ok. Not great, not bad. Not memorable.

Caitlyn and Mitch: She was all over the place in that dance. Completely out of control. Nothing about it was sharp and concise. It was so distracting I didn't even watch Mitch and wasn't interested enough to rewind and watch him.

Miranda and Robert: Not feeling it. It was boring.

Melanie and Marko: His facial expressions were amazing. I totally believed him. The routine was soft, though.

Ashley and Chris: Honestly, I don't remember what they danced. And that's odd because Sonya is my absolute favorite choreographer and I normally LOVE her stuff.

Clarice and Jess: She was stunning, he looked like he was dancing with a stick up his ass. That is all.

Ryan and Rickie: Honestly, I'm to the point where I can't even watch this girl dance. So after the first 10 seconds, I gave up and played a game of solitaire on my iPod instead. But I must say, she's really soft for a dancer. Her legs have very little muscle tone. Even Melanie who is probably the biggest girl there, weight wise, has strong legs. Ryan's don't look very graceful because of it. I just do not understand why the judges love her so much (except for the Mia connection), because she isn't all that. And Rickie is still dancing way to feminine. Usually Nigel will call them out on it but for some reason, he's not. He always mentioned how Brandon (the one Mia hated) danced manly even though he's gay. Rickie doesn't even bother, which makes Ryan look even more manly when she dances next to him. I'm praying they are in the bottom two and that the judges LISTEN to us for once and send them packing.

Jordan and Tadd: The theme was definitely not appropriate for a show in the 8:00 time slot and a show that kids watch. It was Ick.

Sorry if I sound grumpy and negative. I was so looking forward to this show and I'm so so so disappointed.
    Last edited by JavaJo; 06-30-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Sorry if I sound grumpy and negative. I was so looking forward to this show and I'm so so so disappointed.
    Me too, I'm done staying up late to watch. I get up super early and go to bed at 8 on most nights. I'm disgusted with the crappy choreography this season and the useless judging. Not to mention the pimping of somebody who truly does not deserve it.

I thought we were back on track after Sasha and Alexander. I didn't love them but I thought they did a good job. The choreography was good, for a change, and Sasha danced it well (I still feel zero connection from her, seems to be a running theme with these girls this season. They have issues showing emotions).

Then came routine after routine of boring crap with the judges squealing about how much they loved it and me sitting here wondering what the heck was going on. Especially Ryan's, hers was one of the worst of the night.

I actually sort of like Jordan and Tadds or maybe I was desperately grabbing for something to save the night for me by that point. I thought Jordan looked and acted like a man in girl's clothing though. I still don't get why somebody like her with her body (very boxy and muscular) and her girl-next-door vibe insists on being the sexy one. She's not and she can't carry it off. She needs to drop it.

So last night was a waste of valuable sleep time, I'm going to be so grumpy today because of it lol.

Oh and Melanie.....stop with the Ryanesque inappropriate grinning through a routine that isn't supposed to be happy!
    JavaJo likes this.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I don't know what has happened to my once all-time favorite reality show. Still love Cat, and that's about it.

But the rest? Crazy-azz judges, dancers who are NOT grabbing my attention, Ryan (ugh), and tired/blah/hackneyed choreography/ers

I realize Ivetta was probably WAY overqualified for the show - but I liked her. And they get rid of her over that grinning buffoon? double ugh

PLEASE Nigel (or your assistant, or anyone from the SYTYCD) - PLEASE get rid of Tyce and Nappy/Tabs asap. Lyrical hip hop? it was nice the first few times (Mark and Chelsie's routine), but it's ALL they do now. What happened to the other great hip hop choreographers - Shane Sparks, the 2 women, Dave Scott? I'm sure there are many more that would love a big break like this!! When you're putting out a hip hop routine based on woodpeckers, you've jumped the shark BIG TIME! Whatever happened to just dancing to the music???

has Wade Robson totally washed his hands of the show?

At this point, I'm dvr-ing it and FF through most of it. Sad really when I think of past seasons and the truly great routines we were treated to.
    There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats. A. Schweitzer

As I was driving to work in a daze (thanks SYTYCD for making me stay up late for nothing!) I realized something. It can't be a coincidence that none of the judges will give constructive criticism. We saw it at least twice last night. Kristen and Lil' C both started to say something constructive (and technical/negative) then they stopped themselves, pasted on smiles, and started gushing about how amazing the dancers were.

Coincidence?

I think not.

I think that Nigel (who is quoted as saying that he brought on celebrity judges because he didn't think America liked the technical comments) has ordered them all to stop giving criticisms and just cheer. He is so misguided if he thinks that is what we want. It is one of the things we are all complaining about! That and the complete dumbing down of the routines. Yes, I get it, they are scared of more injuries. SO WHAT?!? Poll the dancers, I promise that every single one of them are willing to risk the injury to be able to get solid routines from choreographers they normally wouldn't get to work with. It's why they come on this show!
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

I'm not watching any more if Lil C is on. His pseudo-intellectualism combined with the fact that he is totally inarticulate - fingernails on a chalkboard to me. And can someone tell me why a 28-year-old man is wearing empty glass frames and has his hat on backward? Does he also have his pants on the ground?
    JavaJo likes this.

A few minor points - as I didn't see all the dancers:

1. Loved Sasha's and Alexander's dance. Did catch her slip up on the piano, but she recovered well enough I can see why the judges ignored the catch. This was a creative and beautiful dance, though both need to work on their emotion.

2. The "Beetlejuice/zombie/I don't get it" dance will probably be in the bottom three and mostly I think because of the music/costuming, not their dancing.

3. Melanie and Marko - I personally loved the dance, and they were in sync when a lot of these lyrical hip hop (Ryan/Ricky last week) are NOT. I didn't notice Melanie's grin, was caught up in the dancing, but yes, if she had it she needs to make sure the music fits the reaction. Marko looked like his puppy got run over by a car - which worked well here.

4. Ryan and Ricky - simply put, the judges are trying to keep Ryan on as long as possible. Out of sync, bad emotions, bad dancing overall. The others need work but at least they were enjoyable, but this one wasn't even enjoyable to me. SHOULD go home - at least Ryan, but will not probably. This dance frankly had me go "Ivetta, Missy you two were robbed."

5. Tadd and Jordan... They did well on a dance that shouldn't have been on TV even as the last show because of kids watching it. I do not fault them for this theme - I fault the producers for allowing it (even though it doesn't violate any FCC rules, it is a bit... well, tacky for 8 p.m.).

The others honestly were a bit forgettable. The group dances were clearly trying to etch in our minds that a woman should win this season. Do NOT like the focus on Ryan though... she is NOT the best dancer there. She's the weakest, even against ousted Ivetta and Missy.
    mandmmom2 likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast