+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: 6/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/29 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Now I'm mad. Miranda is....tapping!! Can you imagine how much better this would be if....exactly.

The judges are doing seal claps, haha. Kristin loved it (is it the guest judges job to love every thing?). Oh wait, she's giving some critique and then she remembered her job was to be the cheerleader so she cut herself off. Lil' C with more nonsense "Robert, you have the sort of personality that one can only receive if the planets are in line when they are born". My Lil' C translator tells me that means "Only crazy people get your personality, or those who wear tin foil hats and think the aliens have landed" (haha).

Nigel liked it, he's shocked at how good Robert did (riiiight, not from what I was seeing). He almost dropped her when she was upside down and kicking her legs over his head! That was the most awkward of transitions. Mary loved it, it's the night of love! It's a love fest and I'm about to get sick from it all.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

So...not having a translator on hand for Lil'C's ramblings, I've resorted to a glass of wine.

Found Tyce's choreography more of the same old, same old. Boring.
    JavaJo likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Now I'm mad. Miranda is....tapping!! Can you imagine how much better this would be if....exactly.

The judges are doing seal claps, haha. Kristin loved it (is it the guest judges job to love every thing?). Oh wait, she's giving some critique and then she remembered her job was to be the cheerleader so she cut herself off. Lil' C with more nonsense "Robert, you have the sort of personality that one can only receive if the planets are in line when they are born". My Lil' C translator tells me that means "Only crazy people get your personality, or those who wear tin foil hats and think the aliens have landed" (haha).

Nigel liked it, he's shocked at how good Robert did (riiiight, not from what I was seeing). He almost dropped her when she was upside down and kicking her legs over his head! That was the most awkward of transitions. Mary loved it, it's the night of love! It's a love fest and I'm about to get sick from it all.
    Seriously, the wine is helping numb the fawning-judge-love. That and my husband fixed a baked chicken dinner...

LOL Lil' C is the reason why I usually watch this show the next day and FF through the judges.

Next up we have Melanie and Marko, love them! NOOOO! They have NappyTabs. NOOOO! Way to destroy an awesome duo but if they can survive this? They are bullet proof.

FORT Fogey

I kinda liked the NappyTabs routine for Melanie and Marko. But then I think I would like this couple in anything.

Aww Marko looks like he is crying, awww. OK Melanie, I love you sweetie, but when you are doing a dance that your partner is CRYING...I don't think that SMILING is the right facial expression. Gawd, please don't get the Ryan syndrome (the grinning goon one).

Marko is emoting with the best of them and Melanie is smiling.....OOO a kiss! Wait, was that a kiss? I looked away to type. Melanie is not hitting it as hard as Marko, will the judges agree? Why should they start agreeing with me now?

So far only the first couple have been good.

Lil' C - arguing for choreographers being excited that they opened their package and got a pair "of limited edition Swiss Army knives" and my handy dandy Lil' C translator tells me that he means that they won the lottery or that they are going camping.

Nigel - dirty old man is talking about the kiss, naturally. He didn't want to judge them individually (hmm....grass knoller in me thinks it's because Melanie was not as good as Marko). He said they did good.

Mary - loved it....blah...screech....blah. The kiss, blah....EEEEWWWW! Nigel just kissed Mary.....ewwwww!!! (And yet sort of funny at the same time haha)

Judges over all opinion is that they are a power couple, amazing, blah, blah.

"We sing because we cannot speak anymore, dance is an extension of that...." Ok, I don't have the whole quote but what Kristen is saying? Just beautiful and then she kisses Lil' C and then Nigel kisses him.

HAHA Lil' C is stumbling around with glasses askew and now Marko tries to kiss Cat (who is too much of a professional for that nonsense, she shoves him off and throws it to commercials).
    JavaJo likes this.

FORT Fogey

Nigel "didn't connect" with Ashley and Chris' performance. He took issue with the music. Now how is that the dancers' fault?
    KELBEL likes this.

Ashley, about time they showed more of her personality. She's the one where I keep going "wait, she's on this show?" Robert? Doesn't know how many siblings he has, 6 or 7. Robert talks like Tyce, huh, may color my opinion of him.

They get jazz with Sonya - Robert didn't want to get Sonya because he's scared of her, so of course they got her. I like Sonya, she's an acquired taste and I've got a taste for her weirdness. Plus, I love seeing her reactions in the audience.

They are paying homage to Beetle Juice - Love the costuming, should get an Emmy nod. Hmmm...I don't think either one is edgy enough to be able to pull off Sonya. This is a weak routine, she held back in it. She must not have thought that they were up to the challenge, or rather Robert wasn't. Although he is selling it more so than Ashley. And they finish the routine imitating dead roaches.

Nigel - "I didn't get the music, I didn't connect with it". Hmmm, because they had anything to do with the music? Why is he pinging them for the costuming, the music, etc when they had nothing to do with it? That's not exactly fair.

Mary - is still in the love fest.

Kristen - said that they resemble most of her boyfriends. She's now calling herself the "Paula Abdul of SYTYCD". Well at least she is self-aware enough to know that she's being the cheerleader. She didn't like this routine but doesn't care, she loved them last week and is still riding that.

Lil' C - tries to defend Sonya.

FORT Fogey

OK, Jess fans, don't be made at me but he still looks like he's doing Broadway instead of the Foxtrot. Maybe it's his facial expressions that give me this feeling?
    JavaJo likes this.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast