+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: 6/23 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 6/23 Results Show *Spoilers*

Glad to hear my favorite girls - Melanie and Sasha - are safe. Haven't picked a favorite with the boys yet...still waiting to see who stands out....

Ok...I'm no expert on the technical aspects of dance. But I do know what I like and don't like and after watching this show every season (except for season 2), I've learned a few things. The major thing I notice is control. And Ryan has very little. Her movements are too wild and often wobbly. Missy has it in spades. I get why Ivetta was sent packing but I do not understand, from a talent POV why they kept Ryan over Missy. Only thing I can fathom is because of her tie to Mia. Which isn't fair because Missy is, in my opinion, one of the best girls this season hands down. I really don't want to watch Ryan dance again. The girl can not emote worth a crap.

Ricky...he's a good dancer but I thought Nick had more potential and is more interesting. Over the years, I'm left wondering is he or isn't he gay because most of the male dancers aren't feminine when they dance. Ricky is. Very. Not that that matters but when he's given sexy choreo with a girl, he needs to pull that out and take charge. It kind of ruins the story if he can't. I do agree that he gave the best "dance for your life" performance tonight though. That was crazy good.

I'm just really disappointed. Two of my favorites went home and honestly, there aren't many this season that really draw me in.

Also, if they are going to have guest judges, it really needs to be a four judge panel. Nigel, Mary, one of the choreographers and then the guest.
    Endit likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Love the fact that being on the West coast I can jump on FORT and read the results if I want to You guys do a great job keeping us left-coasters informed - thanks!

Surprised Iveta was sent packing. I mean really surprised. I wasn't a fan, that's for sure, but I did not see her being part of the first elimination by ANY stretch of my imagination.

My favorites are Melinda and Marko - glad they were not in danger and are still around.

Nigel gave us all a stern talking to? Gawd, Nigel can blow it out his can as far as I'm concerned. Talk about a two faced person. I think if you look up the phrase "two faced" in the dictionary you'd see Nigel's mug smiling back at you. Stern talking to? Please. Nigel, just save it.
    momrek06 likes this.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I was happy Ryan made it to the top 20 this season. But I'm sorry she didn't get axed over Missy. I've come to really not like her, and I agree it's quite a bit due to her inappropriate facial expressions. But I've also been very unimpressed by her dancing.

I was not sorry to see Iveta go. There are no individual dancer threads this year, but I've been wanting to comment how - ever since I first saw her audition a couple seasons ago - she just comes off as much, much older than her age. Far be it from me to advocate age-ism. But when it comes to this show, it just seems odd when a dancer comes off as particularly old. I did see someone else in another thread share a similar thought, so I know I wasn't alone.

I'm REALLY sorry to see Nick go. I'm not strongly attached to any of the dancers yet (though Sasha, Jess and Melanie are front-runners), but I would have liked to have seen him in a tap routine with one of the girls Nigel said also has tap skills.

I don't share the overall critical view of the performances from last night, though I can see where some of that comes from. I agree some of it is choreography. The set-up for the Sasha/Alexander "military homecoming" dance had me expecting something quite cathartic. But once the slow walk was done and they connected, there weren't enough actual TOGETHER moves to continue the mood of reconnection for me.

I love Debbie Reynolds. But I hope this new thing with having guest judges who aren't choreographers is short-lived. EXTREMELY. I'd rather see Mia and her sometimes too-sharp-tongue/too treacly sweet favoritism than performers, well, PERFORMING. At least you do get constructive/professional input from Mia and others, even if it's in the form of grunts and purrs.

Overall, I'm still waiting for that "can't wait to re-watch that over and over and over" routine such as from years past (Rama Lama, Hummingbird/Flower, Bleeding Love, et al). I did like the Melanie/Marko number, though not enough to call it "classic." And I was a BIG fan of the movie "Crybaby," (from which soundtrack the song was taken, as well as the jail motif) so the Jail routine was a delight for me. While still not "classic," I'd watch it again, sure.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

FierceCritter, I've definitely said Iveta looks MUCH older than her "stated" years!!! I think I may have stood on the rooftops and shouted it a time or ten

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Man, this show is rigged. How can two of the more interesting male dancers go over some of the less interesting ones?
    JavaJo likes this.
    Revenge is ice cream.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    Love the fact that being on the West coast I can jump on FORT and read the results if I want to You guys do a great job keeping us left-coasters informed - thanks.

ITA! We have another 15 minutes before it starts but I love reading over here first!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by Doats View Post
    I don't know that I'm completely comfortable with these very young girls in those costumes doing some of the moves. Perhaps I am becoming a cranky woman...
    I said the same thing to my husband when we watched!!! I'm not comfortable with it at all.

Count me as one who was surprised Missy and Nick were eliminated. I think both of them were outstanding dancers, and should've stayed over Ryan and the gentleman who did stay (I didn't catch his name - but Ricky?)

Seriously - Ryan apparently has the WORST dance for her life, and SHE's the one who stays? I mean... really?

I'm not surprised on Wadi, they kinda made it clear he was going to be in trouble. Ivetta probably was going to be eliminated quickly because she's won all 10 dances, and because of her appearance, people probably didn't want her because she wasn't fresh faced (I think she looks lovely myself, though a bit older than I do at 30).

But Nick had some outstanding dances and did well against an international champion in the dances, and as Nigel said was an outstanding tap dancer one of the best they had.

As far as Nigel's scolding America on the voting... Um... SORRY Charlie, but you guys are the ones who vote who stays and goes. You can choose a weaker dancer - i.e. Ryan - in the dance off instead of keeping a weaker dancer over two stronger dancers, such as Missy.

Already... they've set up potential controversy arguments. And I thought they were going to do better here.

BTW - anyone else find it interesting that the two couples who left this week were NOT in the bottom three last week and I think Ryan and Ricky were in danger?

I thought there would be much more ranting in here tonight :-)

Given Nigel's usual comments about "dance for your life", I was positively stunned that he told Ryan that they didn't think she did her best and could have done more. And then kept her. Really, Nigel? The guy that ended up staying laid it all out, and according to your "rules", he should and did stay. Ryan with her stupid smile doesn't give her all and you reward her?

All I can think is that I don't see any need to watch the results shows from now on. I'll just follow here :-) (I'll still watch the dancing...I like that part.)

+ Reply to Thread