+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: 6/22 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

Re: 6/22 Show Discussion Thread ***SPOILERS***

So far this season has been one of the worst IMO. Is it the dancers? The choreographers? The guest judges? Bring back Shankman!! Tyce!! Lil C!! Judges that actually have some constructive ideas for the dancers. I don't know. Debbie Reynolds added nothing to last night, except the awww look at her now factor. What I do know is this is by far my favorite summer show, and it's being ruined this season so far!

Jess - just awful in the contemporary number. Awful. No extension, no real grace, ugh and those lifts! They looked so painful. I feel bad for his partner.
    Ryan - again, she can move her body, but she just loses me when I try to get any emotion other than that grin from her face.

I felt bad for the military men and women last night, embarrassed even, that anyone found that routine to be representative of a homecoming. Mary crying? GMAB. Ugh. I got zero emotion from it. The woodpecker routine... was interesting.

Bollywood - go Nick! So far he's one of my favorite guys. Ivetta just pails next to him. He's outdanced her both weeks so far.

The cha-cha was ok.

Poor Wadi. I really like him, but he struggled horribly last night. I hope he manages to stay another week.

The last dance was great though. The most memorable of all the routines for me.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

So far, Nick is my favorite, too. I see that he is surprising the judges who had him firmly in the Tap Dance category. He's adapted well, both last week with Ballroom and this week with Bollywood.

My favorite dance was the one in the pimp spot - Jailhouse Rock.

My next favorite was the Woodpecker dance.

I felt so bad for very short Broadway Dancer (Jess?) trying to lift a taller partner. He's good at routines close to the floor , but as a prince, not so much.

I really don't want to see anyone leave as I'm enjoying my first season and want it to continue. Even Whooo Robert failed to irritate me last night.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I really liked the dance from Mitchell and (insert partner's name here- Katelyn??). I thought they captured the emotion of it and I 'felt' it as part of the audience. Otherwise none of the others really had me oooing and ahhing. My DVR cut off the last dance even though I programmed it to tape the show directly afterwards because of the Prez. Not sure what happened there, but I didn't see the jailhouse dance. I'm glad most of you liked it as I think those 2 needed a good dance in the pimp spot because neither one was featured in all the audition shows and we really didn't know either one of them. I seem to remember the past few seasons having a really good first show and then a real letdown for a second show, so I'm hoping we are following the same pattern this season and it will get better as the season progresses.

-Ryan needs to stop cheezing throughout all routines
    -I liked the beginning of the soldier dance when the guy (name escapes me) was walking really slowly. After that it went downhill. It should have been saved for a more contemporary piece. I remember one maybe last season that was similiar, but I think the soldier was leaving and it turned out the soldier was the girl, not the guy- loved that routine.
    -I wish for just one episode they would show the dance and then let people try to guess what the story actually was. I think that would be very different and probably pretty funny. I don't think anyone would have guessed 'woodpeckers learning to fly' for that hip hop. Sometimes I wonder if the dances would even seem all that interesting if we didn't know the story behind them. Good dancing really should stand on it's own.
    -Tad reminds me of Dominic (and I loved Dominic) so I'm hoping he does well. So far so good.
    -Enough of the wide leg splits ladies. We know you can do it, but I've seen more of them in the past 2 weeks then I have the past 8 seasons I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie View Post

-I wish for just one episode they would show the dance and then let people try to guess what the story actually was. I think that would be very different and probably pretty funny. I don't think anyone would have guessed 'woodpeckers learning to fly' for that hip hop. Sometimes I wonder if the dances would even seem all that interesting if we didn't know the story behind them. Good dancing really should stand on it's own.

-Enough of the wide leg splits ladies. We know you can do it, but I've seen more of them in the past 2 weeks then I have the past 8 seasons I think.
    Totally agree with both of these points.

That reminds me. Poor Jess. Those lifts were just painful to watch. I have a feeling that he and his partner will be in the bottom tonight.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I enjoyed them all.Its tough when you dance one genre and have to take on another.I think my least favourite was the bollywood number.But having tried Bollywood dancing, its way harder than it looks.Very hard.I think the girls are very very strong dancers, a girl shold win this

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678