+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/16 Elimination Show *Spoilers*

Re: 6/16 Elimination Show *Spoilers*

I may be an odd woman out here, but I totally expected a non-elimination round the moment they had two people redance, and one was the person who was injured. IMHO I don't think the judges wanted to eliminate someone in the first round who danced over someone who didn't dance - though I felt Mitchell (?) was better.

Jordan does indeed need to tone down the sexiness aspect... that's all I'm saying.

Was glad that Nick and Ivetta were not up for elimination and they did the fooled you trick. Their dance was really good for a quickstep - especially when one didn't know the dance and does tap, and one of my favorites.

It will be sad next week when four are eliminated, but if they are mostly the same dancers - it may be Jordan and Tadd, though admittedly I didn't see the Broadway sounding individual dance.

Well the bottom couples were completely predictable. Check out the performance thread and see the predictions. It was based off airtime before the show and when they danced.

OK now I'm taking myself over the "grassy knoll" with these results. I think that Mitchell had the hands-down worst solo of the night. I also think that somebody successfully argued that it wouldn't be fair/right to send him home when it wasn't the voters that put him into danger. So they gave him a second chance. However, if he winds up in the bottom next week? He will definitely be going home.

I have no idea why I stayed up for the results show, as usual it was nothing but stickiness. What a waste of precious sleep time.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

Quote Originally Posted by ksgirl View Post
    Lame
    I feel gypped! Please...this early in the season playing the "no one is going home" card???

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict View Post
    Just finished watching my recording - up to the point where it cut off since the show ran long! So glad I could come on here and find out what happened.
    Alas, I I learned the hard way to tape a few minutes extra after the show's alotted time. (sigh) I miss living in Europe, where our DVR would automatically keep recording if a show ran over.

Speaking of which, I love my DVR. One of the greatest things ever invented. Allowed me to FF through both "musical performances".

Totally lame show last night. I wouldn't have minded it quite so much if they hadn't made the two guys come back and dance again. That was just sad torturing all those poor dancers when the judges probably knew all along they were going to do something like this. I'm one of those on the grassy knoll. (Kind of appropriate since I'm from Dallas. ) Since Mitchell didn't dance on Wed then obviously it wouldn't have been fair to eliminate him. They just needed to cover it up by dragging out the drama.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I wasn't sure, if they would not let anyone go.I know they really haven't danced enough yet to make a decision( but then I always think that) so two couples leave next week. That might not be as predictable as we think.Love this show!

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    OK now I'm taking myself over the "grassy knoll" with these results. I think that Mitchell had the hands-down worst solo of the night. I also think that somebody successfully argued that it wouldn't be fair/right to send him home when it wasn't the voters that put him into danger. So they gave him a second chance. However, if he winds up in the bottom next week? He will definitely be going home.
    It was obvious why they asked Mitchell and Robert to dance again since Mitchell's first attempt was sloppy (he fell out of his extension at the very end, and he changed the ending the second time to be easier) and Robert's felt phoned-in. I'm guessing Mitchell would have had to go based on performance and they didn't want that so that explains the guys: not sure who would have gone with the girls, though.

Still, the judges just punted the can down the road a week: I'm not sure that they're going to find it any easier next week when all they get to pick is who STAYS from the bottom 3.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post
    Still, the judges just punted the can down the road a week: I'm not sure that they're going to find it any easier next week when all they get to pick is who STAYS from the bottom 3.
    I was thinking that they should call out the bottom 4 or bottom 5 next week.

I didn't understand that what Robert did was a dance. Mitchell I understood and thought he looked great. I have a lot to learn about the dance styles, obviously.

Because they couldn't choose between the boys - they blamed that on Mary Mulaly (name?) the guest judge - so the only fair thing to do (because of Mitchell, I guess) was a re-do with different styles assigned next week. I'm guessing on that part.

The double elimination will get them back on time track, but I feel for those who might leave because of the Robert/Mitchell situation this past week.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripleGemini View Post
    I was thinking that they should call out the bottom 4 or bottom 5 next week.
    I was thinking the same thing. It would really stink to know you had a 2 out of 3 chance of leaving if you hit the B3.

Quote Originally Posted by jsciv View Post

That's what I was thinking. They have some great dancers this season, and if they do well again next week, then it could be really hard to eliminate somebody.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast