+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 6/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

6/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

I didn't realize the Los Angeles Auditions were on tonight! But alas, they are.

I hope there are more people to join with me tonight!

We are at the final night of auditions and in the only city visited all 8 seasons.

FORT Regular

Re: 6/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

oh god, the stupid broadway guy is there.

Up tonight for judges are Nigel, Mary, and Tyce.

Jordan is the first one to audition doing a "bad girl" role. Something that is apparently part of her alter-ego. There are a ton of "cat calls" from Tyce and Mary. Mary starts it off calling it one of the hottest performances she's ever seen. Tyce loves it and its naughtiness. Nigel also likes it. Jordan and her alter-ego make it to Vegas.

Derion "D.C." is here to audition and he has a little one on the way. They show clips of him with his girlfriend and his family. He's showing Nigel the Cat Daddy dance and the audience/dancers love him before he even shows us his audition. They all seem to be enjoying his audition, but I'm not sure it's really dancing? I'm unsure if he has the ability to master other areas?
    Nigel, Mary, and Tyce all think it was thoroughly entertaining. He makes it through to Vegas which I do not think should have been such an automatic. I think he should have gone through to choreography first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanx View Post
    oh god, the stupid broadway guy is there.
    I mind him less than Robin

Arielle has auditioned in season 4, 5, and 7. She's hoping fourth time's a charm. Mary and Tyce both immediately comment that she's stronger. Her performance seems really intense. I honestly don't know what to think of the emotion behind it other than it was clearly part of the performance.
    Nigel thought it was mesmerizing. Mary loves every second of it and Tyce thinks she's come a far way. Fourth time's a charm and she makes it to Vegas.

Cue the montage of other dancers who make it through. By my count it was 4 more who make it to Vegas.
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 06-02-2011 at 09:21 PM.

We see a few clips of the dancers who've come from far and away to audition.

Hero is from Japan and she's here to show us what she's got. I think it's pop n lock?? But I'm honestly not sure. There really isn't much in the way of letting us know if she'd be good with other styles that require footwork/partners. Nigel agrees and says basically the same thing, but he does love what she did. Mary thinks she's a star standout. Tyce thinks she's magnificant. Another one who makes it straight to Vegas without having to show anything else.

I'm going to reiterate that I do not understand how they choose.

There's a few that they didn't show audition, but did show 8 more making it to Vegas.

They end day one thinking it was the best day they've seen on the show.

That was the leader of We Are Heroes from ABDC, they won their season, but to be fair, that whole season sucked.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by KinmokuPrincess View Post
    That was the leader of We Are Heroes from ABDC, they won their season, but to be fair, that whole season sucked.
    yup
    it was stacked with bad groups imo, the only winner could only be WAH

Day Two in LA. The final day of auditions.

Day One started with awesome. Day Two does not.

It starts with a krumping "Santa" aka Joe aka Big C. He essentially does a really bad strip and trust me it's not one you want to see. They all know it's not a serious audition and he's thankfully on his way.

Big C starts a streak of terrible dancing. Full of lots of awkward movements.

Alexis, Jeanine's sister, is auditioning. As you all know Jeanine won season 5. Nigel "peps" her up by asking her all about the pressure she's under with her sister watching. Nigel cautions her to watch her mouth (it's too goldfishy) but did think it was great to watch. Mary thinks she was amazing (just like her sister). Tyce thinks she was beautiful. She makes it to Vegas. Jeanine's happy (as is Alexis).

Patty is a hip hop dancer with a very strong tomboy style. Aside from being a dancer she also happens to be a stylist. Nigel loves her from beat-one and repeated it many times. Nigel think she's a woman of many secrets. He reveals she went to Berkley full scholarship to study music and has likely studied many dance styles. Mary likes her look and her dance. Tyce thinks she's cute. She makes it to Vegas and not just because Nigel needs a style consultant.

After Patty is another series of dancers who make it to Vegas.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast