+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 6/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 6/2 Show Discussion Thread **SPOILERS**

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Up tonight for judges are Nigel, Mary, and Tyce.

Jordan is the first one to audition doing a "bad girl" role. Something that is apparently part of her alter-ego. There are a ton of "cat calls" from Tyce and Mary. Mary starts it off calling it one of the hottest performances she's ever seen. Tyce loves it and its naughtiness. Nigel also likes it. Jordan and her alter-ego make it to Vegas.

Derion "D.C." is here to audition and he has a little one on the way. They show clips of him with his girlfriend and his family. He's showing Nigel the Cat Daddy dance and the audience/dancers love him before he even shows us his audition. They all seem to be enjoying his audition, but I'm not sure it's really dancing? I'm unsure if he has the ability to master other areas?
    Nigel, Mary, and Tyce all think it was thoroughly entertaining. He makes it through to Vegas which I do not think should have been such an automatic. I think he should have gone through to choreography first.
    I totally agree with this. All I could think was "what are they thinking????".

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Everyone thought Billy Bell was a shoo-in for winning, too. But he ended up on a season with some very strong dancers and didn't shine like we expected him to.
    I loved Billy... at first. It seemed to me that his "problem" was he was used to being a star, the standout... and he was up against some tremendously talented dancers who took better to the coaching, mentoring, etc. I felt that Billy thought he knew better than the choreographers and wasn't really "listening" or taking-to-heart what the judges were telling him. To me, he fizzled

In contrast that season... Robert was an odd choice to me... at first. I didn't think he was "all that" but to me got better and better and better each week. He soaked up all the coaching, mentoring, feedback, critiques and it made him a stronger, more confident dancer... and more fierce competitor.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Yeah it was a cute routine.

Maybe Alex will be an All-Star? Although I hope he competes. I don't think it means that he'll automatically win at all either as there are a lot of great dancers this season. I just want to see him dance!
    I'd like to see Alex return, but I don't know if he will or not. He may have gotten several very tempting offers for being on the show twice and showing he is very versatile.

He also might not compete for the reason of people saying essentially "he's a ringer" because he's quite skilled, and more importantly beloved (which I did not think Billy Bell was, though he could dance well).

Hopefully even if he does not compete, we at least could see him do some sort of dance again and find out where he is dancing now.

As far as him staying mum - I think he'd do it as a surprise or because of his confidentiality clause and not being allowed to say anything until it airs (which is hard to do but I think he can do it).

About Alex - I seem to remember something last year said during the show that he would be invited back as an all-star. He'd gone too far and was too popular to come back as a contestant. Remember? He was sitting in the audience with his cast and Kat said there was a very important announcement and then Nigel made that announcement.

Or did I dream the whole thing?

Possibly but I do seem to remember something being said about it during his season.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234