+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I couldn't believe she made it through either. She looked more like a flight attendant who's had way too much caffeine than she did a dancer. I will be calling her Princess Wack-a-doodle for as long as she in on the show . . . which hopefully won't be very long!
    I'm surprised they didn't send her to choreography. Their choices for who goes to Vegas and who has to learn choreo always confuses me. They'll say so and so was a beautiful dancer with gorgeous lines and it was a wonderful performance and then they send them to learn a dance. It baffles me.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

yea the arm flapper didn't seem like she could move with footwork, i mean she can strike a pose and whatever, no one is gonna take that away from her. While i don't care for the "crazies" i'm sure a large portion of the audience loves the "crazies"
    who doesn't know someone who says
    "i only watch american idol for the whacky auditions"?
    For everyone who hates AI, or loves AI, there is someone who is just in it for the crazies (or any other type of competition).

Krumper guy actually looked good, usually krumpers just seems like flailing armed idiots to me, but this one was good, guess you can say he added "musicality" to his krumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    The stepping boys were good, I really enjoyed their vibe and routine. Sent to choreography.

Chyna Lee Smith is an annoying name dropper. Of course she will go straight through and we will be subjected to her for weeks. She's a good dancer but not great. Nigel said she reminds him of Molly and she just smirked and nod. He said she was good, Mary loves her, Rubber Face Robin thinks she would cast her for PCD. GAH. She was not that good! And she gets a ticket.
    I missed the first half hour again last night, and now I'm glad. I take it that she rattled off all these names of famous people she's danced with?

Beatle Baby confused the heck out of me. So was her father claiming to be British? My husband is British, and so I feel confident in saying that the father's "accent" sounded terrible. I think it would have been more interesting if Baby had been the real (?) Ringo's love child.

I love Riverdance, so I enjoyed Mary's performance. I loved watching her glide around that stage like a fairy. It was also kind of nice to have a break form the endless contemporary dancing. That's also why I didn't mind Princess; at least she was a change of pace.

I was irritated that that theater dancing guy got criticized, though. He danced brilliantly, and they still wanted him to go to choreo? Oh, please. As for emotion, that's something he can work on when he gets to the live shows.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I've kind of had my fill of all the Antin siblings. Besides Robin and hairstylist Jonathan, there are two other brothers also involved in show business to on degree or another.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher View Post
    The thing that frustrates me the most about the auditions is how inconsistent they are with who they put straight through to Vegas and who they make stay for choreo. I couldn't believe they put this woman right through, but made the musical theater guy near the end go to choreo because he wasn't smiley enough!!
    Exactly!! I don't get it at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I've kind of had my fill of all the Antin siblings. Besides Robin and hairstylist Jonathan, there are two other brothers also involved in show business to on degree or another.
    I didn't know they were related! They do have a certain look don't they.

I am not a fan of the krumper as I don't like his ego. Anyone who feels the need to put down others in their style turns me off.
    Whenever you see darkness, there is extraordinary opportunity for the light to burn brighter.
    -Bono

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I missed the first half hour again last night, and now I'm glad. I take it that she rattled off all these names of famous people she's danced with?

Beatle Baby confused the heck out of me. So was her father claiming to be British? My husband is British, and so I feel confident in saying that the father's "accent" sounded terrible. I think it would have been more interesting if Baby had been the real (?) Ringo's love child.

I love Riverdance, so I enjoyed Mary's performance. I loved watching her glide around that stage like a fairy. It was also kind of nice to have a break form the endless contemporary dancing. That's also why I didn't mind Princess; at least she was a change of pace.

I was irritated that that theater dancing guy got criticized, though. He danced brilliantly, and they still wanted him to go to choreo? Oh, please. As for emotion, that's something he can work on when he gets to the live shows.

Chyna Lee mentioned all the former SYTCDers that she'd danced with, it was a bit of a long list. I can't stand name droppers so I loathed her on the spot! LOL

I was so annoyed that they made the Irish dancer do choreography. It shows their ignorance because that form of dance takes YEARS of training. If they are letting street dancers shoot straight through to Vegas (where they will be cruelly cut and tormented by the likes of Mia for daring to not have any training), then they should have let her through right away too.

The theater guy, what was the name of the other one? Auditioned with his brother? I didn't see much of a difference between them so not really sure why they were so brutal on him. Oh wait, they saw the audition clip and decided that since he said he has a hard time smiling that he must not be able to connect with the audience. Or a production monkey whispered it into their ears so they'd have something to say.

Brandon - loved, loved, loved him and please don't let Mia develop an irrational and unexplainable hatred of him like she did the other Brandon. My question is, why did everybody cheer as soon as he stepped on stage? Is he somebody important? What did they not tell us about him! He's probably the lead of some major dance company and they didn't feel the need to fill us in. Always a bad idea because it will come out and then everybody will turn on him because of "The Secret".

Oh and add me to the list of those who did not like the Krumper. Bad, bad, bad attitude. If that was praise dancing? I'd hate to go to his church, I might get hurt when they start worshiping! I'd have to have on full body armor just to pray!

Was it Brandon who said "This time I am dancing contemporary/lyrical?" Hmmmm....so what would he have danced another time? Boy has secrets!
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 06-03-2011 at 12:11 PM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I was so annoyed that they made the Irish dancer do choreography. It shows their ignorance because that form of dance takes YEARS of training. If they are letting street dancers shoot straight through to Vegas (where they will be cruelly cut and tormented by the likes of Mia for daring to not have any training), then they should have let her through right away too.
    it's funny if you think about it, they let the ny vogue'r through (the one that flailed her arms really well) to vegas but she barely moved, but they made the irish dancer who went around the whole stage do choreo.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm sorry but while I was (at one time) a fan of hairdresser Jonathan Antin, his sister Robin (PCD starter) is not at all aging well and is at this point incredibly unattractive. They look SO MUCH ALIKE (Jonathan and Robin) but the look works better on a man than a woman. Her face is like rubber - glad someone said that up-thread because I couldn't put my finger on what was wrong with her face... melted/melting rubber, just sliding around. And... and... and... when she put on that garishly bright lipstick, all it did was draw attention to her face. Whew, no reason to do that Robin! LOL!

With all her comments about how so many of the girls could be considered as PCD if she was recruiting, heck, I thought her sole purpose on the judging panel was recruiting! LOL! Glad Mary kinda called her out on it

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

bia
    FORT Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    Who is that blond ballroom dancer in the flowing cut-out red dress-like outfit? Was that the one who was on the show a few seasons ago? If that was, then that's my favorite!
    That's Iveta. She and her partner Gherman are multiple-time world 10-dance champions, meaning they compete in both ballroom and latin. Most people specialize in one or the other, so they're not at the tippy top of the world in either discipline individually, but yeah, she knows what she's doing. I hope she makes it to the top 20 this time!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast