+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    D'von (spelling): Yes to Vegas
    I liked this stepper. He and his friend were really entertaining.
    I have seen this name spelled Davon and Devaughn.

Latin Dancer Kristen has the flare that perhaps Jess was missing. At least her dress does . Jason likes her engaging personality but didn't think the partnership worked. Mary thinks she's doing well for her 3 years of dancing but told her she needs to settle her weight more (I don't think that means her actual weight, but maybe a dance meaning??). Nigel says yes to choreography.
    Was this the girl in the orange dress? I liked her, but I had a hard time looking at her in that dress. That shade of orange made her entire spray-tanned body look orange. Ooopma-loompa orange is never a good look.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe View Post
    The Irish dancer looked like a freaking gazelle. I loved it. I usually hate step dancing. That was really great.
    I agree. I usually don't like it either but this little girl really made it fun. I thought she was tremendous. I was glued to the screen the entire time she was dancing. I really hope she does well in Vegas!!

Brandon...wow. He was superb.

The foreign chick who dances ballroom....she's auditioned several times and made it Vegas each time. Girl keeps coming back and she's more stunning each time. Eventually they are going to have to put her through all the way! Love her!

I'm wondering if we are going to see Alex again this season. Tomorrow night is the last night of auditions before Vegas. I hope he shows up.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

I lost my DIRECTV for most of this show so I will comment on the judges. Did not care for the 3rd one and hope she is not a part of the show. Mary looks terrible! She is not a very attractive woman but would look much better with a make over. Her hair is too long and too blonde. Her personal taste in clothes is terrible. Get a shoulder length hair cut, have an expert give you a sunkissed light brown and get a stylist for your clothes! OMG!

D'von (spelling): Yes to Vegas
    D'von is one of the stepping boys that were shown first and you probably missed. Micah was the other one. I really enjoyed their routine and thought they were very good. I don't think he will make it past Vegas but it a good routine.

Crazy Beatle Baby - I'm going to throw something out there, I think she was faking. I think she took the story that her senile dad created and decided that it would get her some exposure on this show so she ran with it. There were times when she would smirk and smile and I just got this feeling that she was faking.

Also, some of the guys that they showed in the montage? Were breath taking! The spinning leaps, the height of those, I wanted to see more! I wish they had completely canned the Crazy Beatle Baby and all the time they wasted on her stupid story and instead shown us more of these guys.

Amnesia girl - hmmmm....not sure I'm buying her story. I do think that something happened to her that had her mom in tears, I'm just not sure it's still ongoing.

This Robin lady's face really bothers me! It's mighty disctacting.
    Which is why I keep calling her Rubber Face Robin. When she talks? All I do is stare at her weird mouth.

By the way, you did a great job recapping! I went to bed right after the left this city and it was great seeing what happened next before I get the chance to read it.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I thought the same thing about Crazy Beatle girl. She was getting a kick out of her dad. Like she's humoring him or something. But they were both weird.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    Which is why I keep calling her Rubber Face Robin. When she talks? All I do is stare at her weird mouth.

By the way, you did a great job recapping! I went to bed right after the left this city and it was great seeing what happened next before I get the chance to read it.
    She certainly is a rubber face! And thank you!

There were a lot of strange moments last night and I'm not sure what was real and what was faked, but I kind of wish they would focus on the good dancers more!

She certainly is a rubber face! And thank you!

There were a lot of strange moments last night and I'm not sure what was real and what was faked, but I kind of wish they would focus on the good dancers more!
    LOL what I posted didn't make any sense! That's what I get for posting and trying to do work at the same time. Glad you at least understood it.

I think the complaint that we need more attention on the good dancers is one made every single season. However, Nigel loves his crazies so we will never be free of them. He seems to have the mistaken impression that we actually enjoy these things. At least he does seem to have toned down the sheer volume of them so maybe his listening? Just a little bit?
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

I'm glad we're speeding through the auditions. I don't want to get invested in a dancer that isn't going through to the Top 20. That guy Anthony last year killed me. I'm still bummed he didn't make it to the big stage!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

First up is a "whacker". Whacking is making movement that other people don't always notice? We have "Princess Lockerwood" also known as Samara. She is skilled with her hand movements. I'll give her that, but she doesn't have a lot in terms of foot work or lower body dance. Nigel likes the entertainment value. As does Mary. Jason likes her diversity. She is straight through to Vegas. I am very surprised that she wasn't sent to choreography first.

I couldn't believe she made it through either. She looked more like a flight attendant who's had way too much caffeine than she did a dancer. I will be calling her Princess Wack-a-doodle for as long as she in on the show . . . which hopefully won't be very long!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

D'von is one of the stepping boys that were shown first and you probably missed.
    Does he actually spell his name this way? I hate apostrophes in the middle of names. It's a pet peeve of mine.
    Crazy Beatle Baby - I'm going to throw something out there, I think she was faking. I think she took the story that her senile dad created and decided that it would get her some exposure on this show so she ran with it. There were times when she would smirk and smile and I just got this feeling that she was faking.
    I think she was faking too. That whole story was so annoying, I could not believe they humored her. As soon as they said they were going to her home I fast forwarded the rest of the segment. Thank you DVR!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    I couldn't believe she made it through either. She looked more like a flight attendant who's had way too much caffeine than she did a dancer. I will be calling her Princess Wack-a-doodle for as long as she in on the show . . . which hopefully won't be very long!
    The thing that frustrates me the most about the auditions is how inconsistent they are with who they put straight through to Vegas and who they make stay for choreo. I couldn't believe they put this woman right through, but made the musical theater guy near the end go to choreo because he wasn't smiley enough!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast