+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 6/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 6/1 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Brittany is related to the "real original legal" Ringo Starr (not the Ringo Starr that we all know). Her dad apparently signed his name over to the Ringo Starr we all know. Oh and she thinks her twin is Lady Gaga. All I have to say is ugh. She is, as expected, awful.

Robin is somewhat kind. Mary calls her delusional. Nigel wishes her all the best.

Oh and they're sending a camera crew to find out what the deal is. And all I have to say is oh my word. Like father, like daughter. "Ringo" is, for lack of better words, not living in the same reality we are! I do have to say it was funny hearing Brittany's dad say he isn't sure what kind of dancer she would be. I guess he's not all delusion.

9 more head to Vegas.
    Last edited by canadian_angel; 06-01-2011 at 08:59 PM.

New York here we come!

Jason (Broadway), Mary, and Nigel are our judges for the next hour. Thank goodness it's not Robin!

First up is a "whacker". Whacking is making movement that other people don't always notice? We have "Princess Lockerwood" also known as Samara. She is skilled with her hand movements. I'll give her that, but she doesn't have a lot in terms of foot work or lower body dance. Nigel likes the entertainment value. As does Mary. Jason likes her diversity. She is straight through to Vegas. I am very surprised that she wasn't sent to choreography first.

Brandon is a contemporary lyrical dancer whom the "audience/dancers" seems to love already. He talks about his passion for dance and living through it especially after the loss of his father. Nigel likes his technique and thinks he's a joy to watch. Jason loves him and his softness with power. Mary loves him too. Not surprisingly he is straight through to Vegas.

The contemporary dancers in NY on day one and hitting all the right steps. With a montage of them getting tickets straight through to Vegas.

Brian is up to show off his street learned dance style--his own Krump style. He has a bit of a 'tude, but not in a fairly arrogant way in talking about the other choreographer/judges that krump (Lil C, Russel). Mary's into it, but I think that just may be his body.
    Nigel likes his passion. It seems like he's trying so hard to phrase things in such a light/positive way. Mary likes his look, but has issue with how he talked about Russel and Lil C. She does want him for choreography. Jason liked what he did, but isn't sure he could dance other styles. They're all a yes to choreography.

Mary Kate is doing an Irish Dance for her audition. She's Top 5 in the nation and Top in the world. She uses up the entire stage which Nigel really appreciates. Nigel simply liked it. Mary made her proud to be Irish. Jason also loves how she covers the stage. Yesses all around for choreography.

We have a montage of terrible dancers. None of which make it further. Much like any reality show all the bad dancers are upset and don't understand why they didn't make it.

Virgil (LiL O) snaps the streak of bad dancers with some bboy skills. The audience/dancers really like him. Nigel calls him not just a dancer, but a performer whom he thinks would do well in this competition. Mary agrees. Jason can imagine him in the top 20. Instead of choreography he goes straight through to Vegas.

Choreography Day One NY:

Mary Kate: Yes to Vegas (though not unanimously)
    Brian: Yes to Vegas (He is very emotional and so happy.)

They don't say how many make it through with choreography, but it looks like at least a dozen.

Day Two in NY/Brooklyn

Jess is an actor/dancer/singer of the musical theatre/jazz variety. He has got a cute personality. His dance is very much a musical theatre dance. After he's done, Nigel tells Jess he wishes that Jess would appear to enjoy it more. Mary feels the same way. She wants him to show more personality. Jason loved it, but does see some of the troubles. It's a yes to choreography.

Latin Dancer Kristen has the flare that perhaps Jess was missing. At least her dress does . Jason likes her engaging personality but didn't think the partnership worked. Mary thinks she's doing well for her 3 years of dancing but told her she needs to settle her weight more (I don't think that means her actual weight, but maybe a dance meaning??). Nigel says yes to choreography.

Another montage of good partner dances. Is it just me or are there a lot of montages?!

Last up is Robert who is 30 year old hip hopper. So he's hit the upper limit. Nigel enjoys it. Mary likes it. Jason also likes it. He makes it straight to Vegas.

Last up is choreography.

Jess: Yes to Vegas.
    Kristen: Yes to Vegas.

17 dancers move on to Vegas.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Another montage of good partner dances. Is it just me or are there a lot of montages?!

The dancer with the red dress was ona few season ago and I thought she was amazing, she did choreography with Russell and they both went through, can't remember her name.

FORT Regular

I already have a favorite, latin dancer kristen, she looks well rounded and is nice on the eyes, second favorite is the dom(d-trix) look alike.

FORT Fogey

Whoa! That krumper was controversial. Nice body though! I definitely see where he was coming from though. Russell and Lil' C's krump is more viewer friendly. Also, the contestant are often praised for horrible krumping routines. I can understand why a real krumper would be unhappy with that. Also, with Nigel assuming he was angry when he was in a state of praise, I thought it was clear that he was being misunderstood.
    Who is that blond ballroom dancer in the flowing cut-out red dress-like outfit? Was that the one who was on the show a few seasons ago? If that was, then that's my favorite!
    The Irish dancer looked like a freaking gazelle. I loved it. I usually hate step dancing. That was really great.
    Ringo Star's daughter was hilarious! I wish she made the cut!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast