+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: 5/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 5/26 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    My daughter (she has watched SYTYCD with me every season) brought this to my attention.

YouTube - ‪Les Twins choreography being ripped off on 'SYTYCD'‬&rl m;

Wow! Could they have been any more obvious in ripping off someone else's work?
    I don't know if this bothers me. It was an audition and it does show they can follow choreography. I do think they should have come up with something on their own though.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Regular

watching that clip again (comparing orig vs thieves) makes me think back to another thing, STOP SHOWING JUDGES FACES. Like i really care that MM is going to me an O face or Nigel is actually shocked? But i'm sure ppl love seeing judges reactions, can't we just watch ppl dance? BTW thieves sucked compared to orig, damn that vid really made em look bad.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Gotta agree with your judges comment Lanx.

I don't watch SYTYCD to see Nigel and Mary, I watch it to see the DANCERS.

That's why it's called SYTYCD (D for Dance) . . . not SYTYCJ!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I don't know if this bothers me. It was an audition and it does show they can follow choreography. I do think they should have come up with something on their own though.
    That's kind of how I feel. I mean, the purpose of the live shows is to see if you can follow a different choreographer's routine each week. Well, these guys certainly demonstrated that they could. Maybe they should have acknowledged that this was somebody else's routine, but that's one of those gray areas that's not going to get me outraged enough to wish them off the show.

Also, since the audition shows are edited, we have no idea what D & D said. For all we know, they may have said they were doing a borrowed routine. This reminds me of Season 5 of AI, when Daughtry did that rocked up version of "I Cross the Line." Everybody got outraged that he didn't say he was inspired by a rock group who had already done it. Turns out Daughtry had said so in his intro video, but it was edited out.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I'm in total agreement about not needing to see the reaction of the judges. Honestly, don't cut away from the dancing to show me how the judges are reacting to it. I'll find out soon enough once they open their mouths to speak... that's more than enough for me. It's So You Think You Can Dance, so yeah, uhm, show me the dancing!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_angel View Post
    Kimalee and her partner had some really strong moves (emphasis on strong) and Kimalee makes it.
    Thought she looked familiar, she auditioned season 6 and made it to vegas

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567