+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season 8 starts May 26 - what have you heard?

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Season 8 starts May 26 - what have you heard?

I'm so looking forward to this, and didn't realize "that time" was coming up so soon.

Mary Murphy is back as a judge. I know there is a strong contingent of people who don't like her. I myself think she could tone down the screaming and "hot tamale train" schtick a bit. But after dealing with Mia's really uncomfortable judging last year, I myself will be REALLY happy to see Mary back, screams and all.

I love Mia as a choreographer, so I hope she'll be back to doing that.

Re: Season 8 starts May 26 - what have you heard?

Mary Murphy had surgery for a tumor in her throat (which included a thyroidectomy), so there might not be as much screaming this year. But screaming or not, I'm so glad she's back!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

This show ties with Project Runway as my all-time favorite reality tv show. I just love it!

Not really looking forward to the return of MM, but I know the mute button on my remote works, so I'm ready.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

I will take MM screaming over the "Terrible Two" anyday. Looking forward to May 26th now!

FORT Fogey

I like MM. I think that her exuberance is catchy. I cannot stand Mia at all, and her personality grated on my nerves so much last season that I almost stopped watching. I hope that it is better this season as it gets back to its original judging format. I do not want to see Adam or the buck guy or Mia anywhere near the judges table.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MHcarrollton View Post
    I like MM. I think that her exuberance is catchy. I cannot stand Mia at all, and her personality grated on my nerves so much last season that I almost stopped watching. I hope that it is better this season as it gets back to its original judging format. I do not want to see Adam or the buck guy or Mia anywhere near the judges table.
    I love Adam, he is my favorite. Who is buck guy? I can do without Mia.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I love Adam, he is my favorite. Who is buck guy? I can do without Mia.
    The "buck" guy is Lil' C.

Wish they'd bring back Shane Sparks and Wade Robson as judges. Like them both much more than either of the MM's (Mia Michaels or Mary Murphy). I like Shankman too, but mostly for the humor he's able to bring and the pure joy he gets from watching someone dance well.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

I love Adam Shankman as judge. I thought he was one of the most fair, knowledgeable and yet still emotional judges they've had on the show.

Shane Sparks always bothered me. He was negative more often than he was positive. Every comment seemed to start with a "Wehhhlll, IIIIII, Uhhhhh...." drawn out grimace. But I have seen judges change their ways over the years on the show, so maybe I'd like him more if he came back and changed up a bit.

I don't like seeing judges pander. But I don't like seeing them be constantly negative either.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Little Sew&Sew View Post
    The "buck" guy is Lil' C.

Wish they'd bring back Shane Sparks and Wade Robson as judges. Like them both much more than either of the MM's (Mia Michaels or Mary Murphy). I like Shankman too, but mostly for the humor he's able to bring and the pure joy he gets from watching someone dance well.
    Oh yes, I cannot stand Lil C. Why do you call him buck guy? Just curious.

Mia is a skilled choreographer but an annoying judge.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Oh yes, I cannot stand Lil C. Why do you call him buck guy? Just curious.

Mia is a skilled choreographer but an annoying judge.
    I think you have selective amnesia shoepie (maybe from all the Mary screeching?)! (Teasing!!) don't you remember that Lil C is always saying "buck". He says it in various intonations, sometimes drawing it out, sometimes saying it very fast. "That was buuuuuck."

It gets really annoying, sort of like Randy and his overuse of "dawg" and "pitchy".
    Last edited by Harmony2000; 05-19-2011 at 09:44 AM.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast