+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Season 8 starts May 26 - what have you heard?

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: Season 8 starts May 26 - what have you heard?

Why do they call him "buck" . . . . . . I think it was a comment he made to one of the dancers. He was complimenting their routine and said it was "buck".

I suppose it's a little like saying the dance was "sick". Doesn't sound like a positive comment, but it is.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    I think you have selective amnesia shoepie (maybe from all the Mary screeching?)! (Teasing!!) don't you remember that Lil C is always saying "buck". He says it in various intonations, sometimes drawing it out, sometimes saying it very fast. "That was buuuuuck."

It gets really annoying, sort of like Randy and his overuse of "dawg" and "pitchy".

Oh dear, it is all coming back now. Not good. I had successfully blocked that out and then I had to go and ask.

So You Think You Can Dance
    "Auditions #1 / #2" - 8/7c (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)
    ALL-NEW / 2-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE

EVERY STEP WILL MOVE YOU ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE OF “SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE” THURSDAY, MAY 26, ON FOX

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE begins its search tonight for America’s Favorite Dancer! See what happens when the best dancers – skilled in everything from Ballroom and Ballet to Salsa, Jive, Hip Hop and Krumping – all compete for a coveted spot in the Top 10. See who struts into the judges’ hearts and who trips up
    Host: Cat Deeley Judges: Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    Oh dear, it is all coming back now. Not good. I had successfully blocked that out and then I had to go and ask.
    HA HA HA! Told you, selective amnesia (sort of like how us moms forget that labor HURTS! and decide to do it again and again). Sorry to be the one to bring it all back.

Wait. I see only two judges on that list. UGH! Does that mean it's the return of the useless, pointless, have nothing constructive to add guest judges? Well unless it's Wade. They can just make him a permanent judge and I'll be happy.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000 View Post
    HA HA HA! Told you, selective amnesia (sort of like how us moms forget that labor HURTS! and decide to do it again and again). Sorry to be the one to bring it all back.

Wait. I see only two judges on that list. UGH! Does that mean it's the return of the useless, pointless, have nothing constructive to add guest judges? Well unless it's Wade. They can just make him a permanent judge and I'll be happy.
    Yes, it looks like the 3rd seat will be rotating judges. This is good; think about it. That means we don't have to suffer through to much of Mia or Lil C. I love Adam Shankman; he is my favorite. He is very much in demand and works a lot though.

I may have blocked out 'buck' but I will remember who brought it all screaming back to me.

FORT Regular

SYTYCD judges are the best judges in all reality tv, EVEN the crying emo Mia or the screaming orgasmic MM. I mean they all give honest opinions and Even tho i cannot dance for the life of me and looked like a fool taking hip hop lessons for a year, I can still see stuff that looks wierd and these judges see past all that cuz they give great commentary. I welcome any of these judges when compared to the horrible judges you get anywhere else...
    American idol...? Yo DAWG and worse yet, EVERY show judge has "the paula" the stupid judge that babies the contestants to no avail. Just think about how bad almost every other judge on every show is (of course exceptions abound, JC from ABDC, even heidi from runway and etc)
    I mean imagine having the old guy judge or the woman judge from DWTS on SYTYCD? oh god that'd be horrible.
    I'm contractually obligated to watch these shows with my fiancee and if it wasn't for great judges of SYTYCD, all these contestant shows would be horrible.

SYTYCD is by far my favorite of these types of shows. I can't believe how crazy talented these kids are, and I almost always enjoy the choreography. Really glad to see Mary back, and healthy. Mia was a downer last season, but I do love watching her when she gets really touched by a performance. I think she just takes dance a whole lot more seriously than some of the other judges. I love Adam too, he's so freaking funny, and he really does enjoy watching the kids do their thing on stage. Funny, Cat Deeley used to really get on my nerves, especially the first season she was hosting, but I love her now.

Can't wait for the show to start!

I meant to ask, does anyone think Alex will be back? Since he went out from an injury, I do believe Nigel said he'd be welcome back this season. I hope so, I think he would have won if he hadn't of gotten hurt.
    Last edited by mesachick; 05-20-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

I have always loved Cat Deeley and place her as one of the best TV hosts. She is witty and good at soothing and supporting each dancer. She is key to my enjoyment of this show.

Quote Originally Posted by shoepie View Post
    I have always loved Cat Deeley and place her as one of the best TV hosts. She is witty and good at soothing and supporting each dancer. She is key to my enjoyment of this show.
    Same here. She's the heart of the show.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didn’t hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

CMS
    FORT Newbie

Question, does anyone know where online a person in Canada can view the episodes? The Fox.com website does not allow viewing from Canada. Any other options out there?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast