+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD8 Spoiler Thread

SYTYCD8 Spoiler Thread

Nigel tweeted some noteworthy news for next season, so I thought I should start this thread early.

I'm not sure where the rumour came from that #SYTYCD is ending. It's a LIE. Back next year with both a Top 20 and the #AllStars.
    What do you guys think?
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Re: SYTYCD8 Spoiler Thread

I think...Great! And, "when does it start"?
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

So, they are gonna stick with the All-Stars idea? Hmmmm . . . . don't get me wrong, I totally appreciated the chance to see Pasha and Neil dance again, but I found it distracting. Pasha's backside alone is mesmerizing. He could have been doing a solo for all I know. I didn't notice anyone else on stage butt him!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

I'm wondering how they can fit all of this into a specific amount of episodes. My speculation is that they begin with the T20 (obviously) and will have a boy and a girl eliminated each week, just like before. Once we hit the T10, they're all be paired with the All-Stars. But instead of doing one elimination per week, they'll probably continue with the boy/girl elimination weekly. I bet Nigel is doing this because of the female massacre last season (even with Lauren's shocking win).
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fogey

I just wish they allowed us to pick our fav all-stars rather than them just shoving them on us... loved seeing Twitch in a Bones episode this season.

Mary was recently a judge during one of the auditions, while Mia was nowhere to be found. Hopefully this means that she's back as a permanent judge and that Mia is back as a choreographer.

FORT Fogey

She is. Adams out too. They'll probably go back to the old format. Nigel-Mary-guest judge.

And yet. All-Stars come in at Top 10. Nigel talked about maybe doing that after the S7 finale.

There was an article, I think on ew.com, confirming that Mia is out and Mary is back in. Get your mute buttons ready!
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Three things to know about 'SYTYCD' season eight

Typically "So You Think You Can Dance" auditions take place only a few months before the season kicks off, but because executive producer Nigel Lythgoe will be pulling double duty with "American Idol" this year, the ball got rolling a bit early.

Today that ball rolled into Brooklyn for the second day of auditions, which started with someone going straight through to Las Vegas! But airplane tickets weren't the only thing being handed out -- there were a fair number of season eight spoilers being thrown around thanks to Nigel and ... Mary Murphy? Keep reading!

1. The All-Stars are back ... so is the Top 20!
    "I don’t think America necessarily likes change," Nigel tells PopWrap. "So I think there was a good part of our audience that said, 'what do you mean All-Stars? Where’s our Top 20?' A lot of them came around by the end and loved the all-stars. But for us, choosing a Top 10 was difficult. This year, we have the All-Stars again and a Top 20, which gives us the best of both worlds.

2. The Judges Table is changing ... again!
    Last year, Mia Michaels joined Nigel and Adam Shankman at the judges table ... however that has turned out to be a one-season stint. "I would love to see Mia choreographing again," Nigel said. "I missed her duets, especially with the All-Stars." But Mia isn't the only one being moved into the choreographer's pool.

"I don’t know if we’ll have Shankman [as a judge this year]," Nigel said of the multi-hyphenate, who is currently committed to directing and choreographing the "Rock of Ages" movie-musical. "I don’t know who will fill those judge chairs, we might do a rotating panel until we can figure out who’s gonna be available."

3. The Hot Tamale Train might be pulling back into the station
    One name fans will be happy to have in the mix as a judge replacement is Mary Murphy, who was back where she belongs -- next to Nigel -- for today's auditions. When asked if fans should take that as a promising sign she'd be returning full time to the panel, Mary said, "you’d have to ask Nigel that" before busting out in a ear to ear grin and saying, "but look at this smile!"

"So You Think You Can Dance" season eight will premiere Summer 2011
    Nigel Lythgoe talks 'So You Think You Can Dance' season eight changes - PopWrap

This all sounds fantastic! Mary back and Mia out? And the possibility of no more Shankman (who I also got sick of)? Can't get any better.

The only bad thing I've read is that Mia won't choreograph either.

I can only take Mary in very small doses, but I have to say, one of the things I like about this show is that they keep playing with the format and changing things around. I wasn't sure about the all stars concept last season and ended up really liking it. It sounds like they're adapting the idea to give us the best of both worlds - a top 20 and then the all stars later.

The statement I read from Mia was all very "I wanted to move on and spread my wings," which means they wanted her out as a judge and now she's taking her toys and going home and won't be choreographing. I'm not really sad about that. There are plenty of terrific choreographers out there and I have a feeling Mia is a big ole diva.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast