+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: SYTYCD8 Spoiler Thread

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: SYTYCD8 Spoiler Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4113233;
    There was an article, I think on ew.com, confirming that Mia is out and Mary is back in. Get your mute buttons ready!

We finally took a giant leap forward in technology and added a DVR to our tv viewing pleasures. It - along with the mute button - will definitely come in handy if Mary is coming back. Personally, I like Shankman, but I'd trade him in a heartbeat for Wade Robson!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Critical;4113351;
    I can only take Mary in very small doses, but I have to say, one of the things I like about this show is that they keep playing with the format and changing things around. I wasn't sure about the all stars concept last season and ended up really liking it. It sounds like they're adapting the idea to give us the best of both worlds - a top 20 and then the all stars later.

The statement I read from Mia was all very "I wanted to move on and spread my wings," which means they wanted her out as a judge and now she's taking her toys and going home and won't be choreographing. I'm not really sad about that. There are plenty of terrific choreographers out there and I have a feeling Mia is a big ole diva.
    I could be wrong, but I'm thinking you hit the nail on the head with the Diva statement! I actually found her much more difficult to endure than Mary.

FORT Fogey

This good news! Mia and Adam were a toxic mix. I'd love to see Mary back on the panel with her ballroom expertise.

I think Mia shows too much bias, it came across a little less this past season, but was still there. She does admit when she's biased, but knowing a fault and not working on correcting it is not endearing, just makes you look mean. I missed Mary, screams and all. Probably by the end of the season I'll be wishing she'd tone it down, but I look forward to watching her genuine joy.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

I am perfectly happy never to see Mia again, she can go and take her toys with her. She is an entitled, mean spirited, diva witch. I have never seen a more nasty personality, the way she treated some of the dancers through the season? Unpardonable. Also, her routines are so hit or miss with me. She throws 10 personal therapy routines out and perhaps 1 or 2 will actually be good, that ratio isn't good enough for me to deal with her personality (I realize my numbers are off but it's just an example).

Mary can be annoying but she has a huge heart and a love for the art and the dancers and it shows, I can deal with her screaming because I know where it's coming from and I can appreciate how she tries so hard to support the dancers and not just crush them like Mia does.

This season may actually be enjoyable.
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

I am also glad that Mia is gone! I was so tired of the mean spirited comments that did not help anyone grow!
    Mary's screaming does get hard to take but like Harmony says she loves the art of the dance, and that does show.
    I will be glad to see Cat Dealy in place, and Nigel along with Mary.
    I will miss Adam, though, he was really encouraging to the kids.
    Overall, this is really a good show, IMHO, I love to see the young people do well in their careers.

There are actual spoilers out there now. I don't want to see them, but I just thought I'd mentioned it just for anyone who's interested.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I am with all of you regarding MIA. Glad she is gone.

YEAH, bring on SYTYCD!!!! ONE week from today!!!!
    KAREN

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06 View Post
    I am with all of you regarding MIA. Glad she is gone.

YEAH, bring on SYTYCD!!!! ONE week from today!!!!
    TV Guide Online had it listed as showing this week, then I couldn't find it on my cable providers line up. I about threw a fit!! Till I realized that TGO had made a mistake.

There was almost a fight over this, lol.

I'm super excited. Can't wait!

(Oh and before I forget....does this mean we will be subjected to more of Mia's personal therapy through her routines crap?)
    Avatar: Eastern Amberwing dragonfly photo by me.

So You Think You Can Dance
    "Auditions #1 / #2" - 8/7c (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT)
    ALL-NEW / 2-HOUR SEASON PREMIERE

EVERY STEP WILL MOVE YOU ON THE ALL-NEW SEASON PREMIERE OF “SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE” THURSDAY, MAY 26, ON FOX

SO YOU THINK YOU CAN DANCE begins its search tonight for America’s Favorite Dancer! See what happens when the best dancers – skilled in everything from Ballroom and Ballet to Salsa, Jive, Hip Hop and Krumping – all compete for a coveted spot in the Top 10. See who struts into the judges’ hearts and who trips up
    Host: Cat Deeley Judges: Nigel Lythgoe, Mary Murphy
    KAREN

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast