+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Best of Season 7?

FORT Fogey

Re: Best of Season 7?

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4042557;
    *I can't manage to find a Youtube of the top 5 routine to "All That Jazz." If anyone can link me up, I'd appreciate it.
    That was Top Six (the first one); the week no one was eliminated. I'll send you a link to All That Jazz - choreographed by Kelly Abbey.

Living Vicariously via RT Fierce Critter's Avatar

Thanks so much, TCDC.

Liked that routine a lot, but it doesn't go on my list of favorite group routines.

Overall, I was less happy with the group routines this season. They tend to be some of my favorites, too.

Anyone else notice how often the featured dancer in them was Mark?

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4044036;
    Thanks so much, TCDC.

Liked that routine a lot, but it doesn't go on my list of favorite group routines.

Overall, I was less happy with the group routines this season. They tend to be some of my favorites, too.

Anyone else notice how often the featured dancer in them was Mark?
    YES I DID!!!! And I'll repeat myself - why didn't he go father in the competition during his season? I remember seeing a video of Tyce saying that the only big star from that season was Mark (although Chelsie Hightower has done very well, no surprise from me!). He was featured prominently in the group numbers. There seems to be more lasting love for him from FORT posters than for any other previous performer. I so enjoy sharing my love for him with other posters like you, FC. But yet, how far did he get during his season? 5th or 6th place? (I did vote for him like crazy). Maybe he's the Chris Daughtry of SYTYCD.

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;4048593;
    Why didn't he go father in the competition during his season? ...But yet, how far did he get during his season? 5th or 6th place? (I did vote for him like crazy). Maybe he's the Chris Daughtry of SYTYCD.
    Mark & Chelsie were eliminated 5th and 6th at the same time, just missing top 4.

They had tough competition. The top 4 that season were Joshua (winner), Katee, Twitch and Courtney. I liked Twitch a LOT. But I would have put Mark above him. I like Courtney more now than I did then, and agree with her placing above Chelsie.

Quote Originally Posted by Fierce Critter;4048706;
    Mark & Chelsie were eliminated 5th and 6th at the same time, just missing top 4.

They had tough competition. The top 4 that season were Joshua (winner), Katee, Twitch and Courtney. I liked Twitch a LOT. But I would have put Mark above him. I like Courtney more now than I did then, and agree with her placing above Chelsie.
    Yep, season 4 was a tough and super great season. I thought the top six were all fantastic. Plus that season was blessed with tons of great choreography. I really liked season 2, then I thought season 3 was better, and then season 4 bested even that.

Other than a few standout individuals (Katherine, Alex), some underdogs (Russell, Legacy) and some great choreography from some newbies like Travis and Stacey Tookey, I just haven't been as wowed since season 4. Still my favorite reality series, though.

Season Four was the season of perfection. The choreography, the old stage, and the dancers! Any duet Joshua and Katee did was stunning. Mark, Chelsie, Twitch, Courtney, Kherrington. What a season!

Really? S4 was good, but not great. I prefer S2 and S3 more. The thing that put me off was the immense pimping from the judges. Actually, I believe that S4 is around the time when "pimping" became a part of every SYTYCD fan's vocabulary, and not for a good reason. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth whenever I think about it. That aside, it had may memorable routines, a good winner, great contestants (Katee ), and it was the last good season that this show has had in my mind. (Well, I liked S6, but that's a very unpopular opinion. And that might be because it looked good in comparison to S5.)
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I might just agree with CrossingGuard in that I haven't been excited about a season's contestants since season 4.

In season 5, I liked a few contestants (Evan, Randi, Phillip, Jeanette) was impressed by a few in some particular routines (Caitlin & Jason's Bollywood, "The Butt" with Evan & Randi, Addiction - Kayla & Kupono, Jeanine & Jason's Travis "If it Kills Me" number, the Cancer dance, Jeanine & Brandon's Paso). But I just wasn't overall invested in the show or the routines like I had been in previous seasons.

Season 6, the only dancers I gave any real notice to were Legacy, Ellenore & Bianca. Bianca got shot out pretty quickly, and Legacy was overshadowed by Russell, whom I liked initially then cooled toward as the season progressed. The only routines memorable to me were the "introductory" hip hop, Noelle & Russels Frog dance, Kathryn & Legacy's Viennese Waltz, Ellenore & Legacy's "Mr. and Mrs. Smith/married hitmen" number. Overall, that season was a major "ho hum" for me contestant-wise. And there were MANY mistakes made with choreography that really killed the enthusiasm, IMO. (Legacy as a vampire for hip-hop? WHAT?!?!?)

I wondered it they'd bring back some magic with season 7. I did like more contestants, that's for sure. And I liked a lot more routines in season 7 than I did season 6. Part of that was, I'm sure, because the choreographers were GREAT this season.

Upon revisiting the wikipedia lists of the dances from previous seasons, one thing I do like about the current change and hope they keep is no more keeping specific couples together for show after show. I think I'd prefer they go back to 20 CONTESTANT finalists dancing together instead of with an all-star, but stop keeping them paired up with the same partners.
    Last edited by Fierce Critter; 08-31-2010 at 07:55 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123