+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4036018;
    When it was Nigel's turn to "choose" his favorite, he said something to the effect that the dances were spread among the judges, which I took to mean that each judge was given an "assignment". Then when I heard Mia reveal her choice, the little voice in my head said, "Yeah, I bet they made you choose AdeC's dance to make up for how you treated him."

I do have an active imagination tho'.

Well I must have the same active imagination as I thought the exact same thing. For sure she would have chosen the Robert/Allison or Alex/Allison dance given her personal choice- that just seeems more her thing I think.

By the way- I was bummed we didn't see Mary Murphy choreograph this season. I thought I read that since she wasn't a judge she would be doing some choreo. I actually missed her this season. I'll take her Hot Tamale Train over Mia's Trainwreck any season.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;4036116;
    Another thought... if Alex had not been injured, I'm pretty sure he would have been top 3... wonder if he would have won?
    Wish we would be seeing Alex on tour sigh.
    Yeah, I agree with you that Alex would certainly have made Top Three. But most likely we would also be deluged with posts about how he is overpimped by the judges every week and people are so over him and looking for an underdog to support. Lauren might have won anyway. Its just the way it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4036135;
    ...By the way- I was bummed we didn't see Mary Murphy choreograph this season. I thought I read that since she wasn't a judge she would be doing some choreo. I actually missed her this season. I'll take her Hot Tamale Train over Mia's Trainwreck any season.
    While I like Mia, I agree that Mary needs to be a permanant member of the judging panel. None of the others are qualified to judge ballroom, and it showed this season.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 08-13-2010 at 10:51 AM.

Originally Posted by JavaJo
    Mia chose the dance with Adechike and Comfort. She raved about Comfort (which she has improved by epic proportions) but this was Ade's season. Not Comforts. She went on and on about Comfort and basically ignored Adechike. Bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4036018;
    When it was Nigel's turn to "choose" his favorite, he said something to the effect that the dances were spread among the judges, which I took to mean that each judge was given an "assignment". Then when I heard Mia reveal her choice, the little voice in my head said, "Yeah, I bet they made you choose AdeC's dance to make up for how you treated him."

I do have an active imagination tho'.
    Honestly, I believe you here nabrudigam - that this was most likely one Mia was GIVEN, not chosen. There were other judge's choices that seemed very weird to me that they were selected.

That said, selected by her or not, Mia should've been praising Ade's performance in it more because that dance really showed he could break free (at least mostly) of his dancing restraint. It and his Bollywood (one he was supposed to dance with Alex) were my two favorite dances.

Something tells me - at least hopefully tells me - that Nigel will be talking with Mia during the off season that, should this show continue on for another season, she is to treat EVERYONE with respect and courtesy, or she will be out the door. Her constant treatment of AdeC Bollywood onward was too much. It was as though she was punishing HIM for OUR displeasure and voicing our opinion about her overkill negative comments toward him.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jmb;4036116;
    Another thought... if Alex had not been injured, I'm pretty sure he would have been top 3... wonder if he would have won?
    IMO, I have no doubts that Alex, would have won.

Originally Posted by jmb
    Yeah, I agree with you that Alex would certainly have made Top Three. But most likely we would also be deluged with posts about how he is overpimped by the judges every week and people are so over him and looking for an underdog to support. Lauren might have won anyway. Its just the way it goes.
    I agree and disagree here - I do think Alex would've been hurt in voting because he was too good; however, like with Lauren, we could've seen him improve even more. While I disagreed with Mia's comments toward AdeC that week, I DID agree that I missed seeing Alex in the Bollywood number because I think with both of them dancing it'd been stellar - and yes IMHO would've beaten the best m/m Bollywood this season, Billy and Robert's.

BUT, reading online how many people loved Alex's dancing, I have to say that it might've been tougher for Lauren to beat him because of his fan base. Plus, he uploaded some of his other work on YouTube and people were gushing over it because it showed he was more than a ballet dancer - he mocked some dances and the "Mortal Kombat" one he did with a friend of his was hilarious as it was cool. Still - having that coverage of his dancing would also prove to be a boon.

IMHO, I don't think there'd been as many "he's being overpimped" complaints on the boards as there were for Billy because Alex was a. respectful of critique, b. didn't think too highly of himself as I feel Billy did, and most importantly c. he could back up his dancing, Billy didn't not do that as well this season, and when he did - at least my viewpoint - it was tainted with the fact he sat out in spite of being cleared to dance, and then the Bollywood dance made one question how injured he really had been. (Yes, I know that I'm not him or his body, but it did raise a question - not good for a competition).

FORT Fan

Nothing has been mentioned about the people who voted for Chike until he was voted out. Who did those people vote for once he was gone? If people liked Chike over Kent, it probably has to do with Kent's farm boy persona as opposed to Chike's great build and somewhat macho persona: a man's man so to speak. So Chike's voters, once he was gone, probably would not have voted for Kent. Their votes must have gone to Lauren. Why they wouldn't vote for Robert is open to speculation. Not macho enough?
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-13-2010 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4036135;
    Well I must have the same active imagination as I thought the exact same thing. For sure she would have chosen the Robert/Allison or Alex/Allison dance given her personal choice- that just seeems more her thing I think.
    If she was allowed to choose her own, she would have chosen her own group dance.

FYI - Read this morning that last week it was Lauren who was ahead by 2%, not Kent! Nigel also said that by 11pm on Wednesday they knew that Lauren would win, and that Kent/Robert could not beat her. Interesting.
    This in accordance with Cat never mentioning how close the vote was last night makes me think Lauren actually won in a run-away.
    Last edited by superfly; 08-13-2010 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;4036325;
    If she was allowed to choose her own, she would have chosen her own group dance.
    *snicker* That shouldn't have been so funny to me, but somehow I see it.

It brings up a good point. I think with all the dances they included throughout the evening, I would have liked to see one more 'group' number. Bringing back the top 11 for two separate performances would have been great. I know I would have loved to give Alexie and Christina a second chance to perform, others too.

I know most of the money is in the tour, so they want to showcase the top 'six' but honestly the season is more than that. So another group number in the second half would have been awesome - even bringing out all the all-stars one last time too. I'm guessing if they go with that format again it won't be the same, so having all twelve on stage just to do a bow would have been considerate.

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4036125;
    Kent gave Lauren a big hug after she was announced as winner. I don't think he was upset. I think he was probably a bit disappointed. Who wouldn't be? However, I think he was honestly happy for Lauren. I do think that he felt it was her moment and he needed to give her that space to have said moment. Once he was ushered (and he was ushered) off stage with his lovely flowers, when the group rushed the stage there was too much of a mob so he stayed on the outside edge of the group.
    Yeah, I watched that again because I expected him to be there and he wasn't: on rewind, you could see them talking to him and walking then whoosh, he was gone! They pulled him out of frame super-fast to give her that "Gatorade" moment without anything to distract the advertising, methinks.

I doubt he was anything but happy for her.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by One Fish;4035917;
    I keep hearing about the tween votes on more than one board, but honestly I have a daughter who is in that age group and while she loved both Kent and Lauren at first, but she had me voting for Lauren over the last few weeks. I know most of the girls on her dance team were also supporting her...

Yet, my mother who is not a tween by any means loved Kent with his 'boyish charm.' She loved the 'wholesome' look and all, I remember her also liking Carrie Underwood on Idol for the same reasons.

I think sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the results and it's easily blamed on the tweens.
    While your mother my have loved Kent (as did I) and Carrie (as did my DH), there's no denying it's the tweens that will (as Nigel says) pick up the phone and vote. No lie, they will sit on that phone and hit redial for hours to vote for their faves. They'll also send countless texts to vote for their faves. They organize among themselves and VOTE VOTE VOTE.

While your mom, my DH and I may have our favorites, it's those crazy tweens that make the difference

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

+ Reply to Thread