+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

I wanted a Kent win but I'm so happy for Lauren! I loved them both! Robert changed so much from start to finish....I'd love to see him dance some more. He really did "grow" over the course of the season. And I love how easily he shows affection for his mom. She must be one hell of a lady!

Maybe I missed this, but I haven't read any comments on this and it has been freaking bugging me since it happened on the show. Mia chose the dance with Adechike and Comfort. She raved about Comfort (which she has improved by epic proportions) but this was Ade's season. Not Comforts. She went on and on about Comfort and basically ignored Adechike. Bitch.

LOVED Ellen's dance. She didn't do too bad and I found myself smiling through the whole thing. Especially the slap and kick she delivered to Twitch. Hilarious! I can't help it...I just love that woman. My husband actually enjoyed it, too. I rewound it and watched it again and for once, he didn't complain. He just smiled through the second viewing, too...lol
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4035893;
    From what I can tell, everyone was in the opening number. After that, there were short humorous clips of Adam, Nigel, and Mia. Then they did a recap of last night's performances. So the only thing of value that you missed was the opening number.
    Thanks. You are, as always, Johnny on the spot.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by One Fish;4035917;
    Yet, my mother who is not a tween by any means loved Kent with his 'boyish charm.' She loved the 'wholesome' look and all, I remember her also liking Carrie Underwood on Idol for the same reasons.

I think sometimes there is no rhyme or reason to the results and it's easily blamed on the tweens.
    I didn't like Kent at first because of his "aw shucks, hayseed" persona, but he grew on me week after week and I'm one year older than God. I don't think a voter's age has anything to do with who they like if they are true dance fans.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4035966;
    Mia chose the dance with Adechike and Comfort. She raved about Comfort (which she has improved by epic proportions) but this was Ade's season. Not Comforts. She went on and on about Comfort and basically ignored Adechike. Bitch.
    When it was Nigel's turn to "choose" his favorite, he said something to the effect that the dances were spread among the judges, which I took to mean that each judge was given an "assignment". Then when I heard Mia reveal her choice, the little voice in my head said, "Yeah, I bet they made you choose AdeC's dance to make up for how you treated him."

I do have an active imagination tho'.

FORT Fan

I'm happy for Lauren and sad for Kent at the same time. It's a wierd feeling. I would have loved it if Kent won. It would have been the perfect "farm boy makes good" story. I don't believe he expected to win as someone inferred. I think he would have had a heart attack.

Hooray! Go Lauren! I thought Kent had this in the bag since the very beginning, so I can't believe she pulled it off.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Sorry about the double post. Forgive me, but I'm going to go on a quoting rampage.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4035446;
    Are they trying to tell us something with Kent being featured in 2 of the 3 dances so far?
    This is currently bugging me. Why did they reprise Kent's dance with Anya? I can accept the Damn Yankees dance being repeated because even though I'm not a fan of it at all, the judges loved it. But the jive? I don't remember that one in the slightest. Maybe it was because it fit in with that love montage, but I even question the inclusion of that montage.

I think it just shows the lack of memorable and outstanding dances this year. Even S5 had more memorable dances. My favorite dances this season are definitely Billy/Ade's Stacey Tookey contemporary, Alex/Twitch's NappyTabs hip-hop, and Mia Michaels' group routine with Allison in the center (which just goes to show how she needs to be a choreographer again and not a judge). But watching them back, I wasn't as impressed as I was before. On the other hand, when I watch my favorite dances from past seasons, I repeat them over and over again. It's a good thing Lauren won, because this season would have been at the bottom of the barrel for me.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4035784;
    Well, Nigel did say that the voting was very close the last couple of weeks. My guess is that Robert's very strong showing last night split some votes off from Kent, which allowed Lauren's more unified fanbase to squeeze by.

Any other theories?
    1) People were sick of Kent and voted for his biggest competition.

2) She slowly built a fanbase that surprisingly surpassed Kent's. The shock B3 appearance two weeks ago might have helped with this.

3) One Fish's post was very interesting. Maybe she stole a good amount of Kent's fanbase?

4) The last-girl-standing storyline pulled in some voters.

5) Her whole high school power-voted. Actually, this probably had a hand in her win. She seemed very involved and probably knew a lot of people that way. She most likely had her cheerleaders voting for her, her student council people voting for her, the kids she helps out voting for her, etc etc.

6) She was just plain awesome and won fair and square.

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;4035741;
    I'm surprised they didn't have Kent/Lauren do their prom dance right before the results.

Very happy that Lauren won. I can't even imagine Kent being the dance-athlete representative of Gatorade.
    lol, exactly what I said last week! I thought I was being too mean when I posted it, so I'm glad someone agrees with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4035958;
    Even though Cat said she didn't know what was on the card when Robert was eliminated, do you think maybe she did when she made her comment about his "farewell costume" or something to that effect? Maybe she was just assuming the same thing the rest of us were- that he would take 3rd place. Hmmm...makes you wonder...
    That was definitely weird and it struck me as very odd, especially how she frantically tried to cover it up afterwards. I think we all saw Robert placing 3rd from a mile away, so maybe that could be the reason behind it. But yeah, I wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo;4035966;
    Maybe I missed this, but I haven't read any comments on this and it has been freaking bugging me since it happened on the show. Mia chose the dance with Adechike and Comfort. She raved about Comfort (which she has improved by epic proportions) but this was Ade's season. Not Comforts. She went on and on about Comfort and basically ignored Adechike. Bitch.

LOVED Ellen's dance. She didn't do too bad and I found myself smiling through the whole thing. Especially the slap and kick she delivered to Twitch. Hilarious! I can't help it...I just love that woman. My husband actually enjoyed it, too. I rewound it and watched it again and for once, he didn't complain. He just smiled through the second viewing, too...lol
    This! First of all, I liked Ellen's performance also and thought that she didn't do half bad. But ahhh, it bugged me so much how she fawned over Comfort, and then left AdeChike as an after thought. I, too, thought that she was told to pick that dance to hide her disdain for AdeChike. I will admit that I wasn't the biggest fan of his, but Mia's attitude towards him was disgusting. I don't hate her; she makes me laugh sometimes. But she needs to go back to choreographing and Mary needs to come back. And have Dan Karaty replace Adam Shankman while you're at it.

Yup, that's the perfect judging panel right there.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Congrats Lauren! Yay! I'll look forward to seeing you on tour.
    I wish they had done the Lauren & Billy "Boogie Shoes" routine again. I hope they do that one on the tour - it was so fun. Also, I kind of wish they had played the tape of Alex & Twitch doing the "Outa you Mind" routine instead of Ellen, although I must say I laughed pretty hard at Ellen doing the dance.
    FYI - Read this morning that last week it was Lauren who was ahead by 2%, not Kent! Nigel also said that by 11pm on Wednesday they knew that Lauren would win, and that Kent/Robert could not beat her. Interesting.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

Another thought... if Alex had not been injured, I'm pretty sure he would have been top 3... wonder if he would have won?
    Wish we would be seeing Alex on tour sigh.

To the Point

Kent gave Lauren a big hug after she was announced as winner. I don't think he was upset. I think he was probably a bit disappointed. Who wouldn't be? However, I think he was honestly happy for Lauren. I do think that he felt it was her moment and he needed to give her that space to have said moment. Once he was ushered (and he was ushered) off stage with his lovely flowers, when the group rushed the stage there was too much of a mob so he stayed on the outside edge of the group. All of the comments regarding his feelings are just speculation, just like those who were speculating as to why he wasn't on stage with her. He was on stage with her and he did give her a really big hug. That's not speculation.

+ Reply to Thread