+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Yeah for Lauren!!!! She was great.

What happened to Kent at the end. He wasn't on stage at the VERY end, I find that odd........ I always thought there was chemistry with those two...

I'm surprised they didn't have Kent/Lauren do their prom dance right before the results.

Very happy that Lauren won. I can't even imagine Kent being the dance-athlete representative of Gatorade.

FORT Regular

Hooray! LoFro wins! I can now watch the telecast knowing the outcome.....makes it easier to relax and just enjoy the show.

Congrautlations to Lauren. She deserved it, just as either Kent or Robert would have. I think Lauren, though, like Robert, worked very hard to get to the final 3. I honestly thought the women would all be gone first, leaving the men to compete for the title. This was a great season.
    "Grammar is the bus that carries the words, without it they have to walk, and get very confused on the way." Unknown

"My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read." Abraham Lincoln

FORT Newbie

I am so excited about Lauren winning!

Alex and Lauren have been my favorites since the beginning....I haven't liked anyone as much since Joshua and Katee.

I am utterly floored that the best dancer actually won. Stunned.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Aw.... I <3 Kent and wanted him... to win! Oh well... at least my pick for Work of Art won... that doesn't happen as much as it should
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4035735;
    I'm stunned that Kent didn't win, I thought he had "Benji" written all over him.
    So pleased for Lauren.
    Well, Nigel did say that the voting was very close the last couple of weeks. My guess is that Robert's very strong showing last night split some votes off from Kent, which allowed Lauren's more unified fanbase to squeeze by.

Any other theories?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4035784;
    Well, Nigel did say that the voting was very close the last couple of weeks. My guess is that Robert's very strong showing last night split some votes off from Kent, which allowed Lauren's more unified fanbase to squeeze by.

Any other theories?
    Nope. No other theories from me. I think you nailed it. And I feel that the judges did pimp Lauren last night which may have helped the voting for her a bit. (Please don't anyone throw tomatoes at me. While I hoped Robert or Kent would be the last standing, I don't hate Lauren by any means.)

A few comments of tonight:

1. I'm glad that Alex was in the final opening, even though in this case I've read it and not seen it. It's nice to have all 11 dancers - no matter their skill level - in the opening.

2. I was laughing when poor Robert had to come out for the first elimination in his Bollywood outfit. That said, my respect for him increased quite a bit when he just rolled with it and laughed.

3. In regard to two, seeing the Bollywood dance again with Robert and Billy shows me how Robert made it to the final three and Billy was out - Roberts movements were MUCH sharper in the dance compared to Billy and he fit the role better.

It also made me remember sadly that THIS was the very dance that made me question just how serious Billy's knee injury was that he had to sit out a week in spite of being cleared to dance by the doctors. I truly think that viewers also had the same questioning feeling that I had and didn't vote for him so he was eliminated. (BTW, I say feeling - I'm sure Billy was truly hurt, but I'm just not so sure it was super serious that he really needed it and add to it Brendon - the fellow with the hamstring injury who didn't make the finals - danced in spite of said injury, that didn't help Billy's case much).

4. Ellen dancing - well, it wasn't EXACTLY like the one with Twitch and Alex; however, I really did have fun watching it. It also made Alex laugh and happy that someone well-known would dance one of the dances he did, so I'm glad she did it.

5. The tap dance duo they had on tonight - the two men dancing - made it painfully obvious that they did not choose well selecting Melinda as a finalist in that specialty. She is good, but the dance duo showed that she needs to vastly improve.

6. The biggest shocker of the night - LAUREN winning. I have to admit, seeing her dance again tonight, I was hoping she would beat out Kent because overall she had been the most consistent in her dancing styles. The only dance I didn't like was her one to "Damn Yankees," but that was more the choreography and not the dancing itself.

Kent I think was stunned he didn't win, but you have to understand that he comes from Small Town, USA, and this was a very big thing for him as it was Lauren. I doubt he was a poor sport, but it would definitely be a very hard blow to him to come that close and end up runner up. That said, I feel that both he and Lauren have a very good career ahead of them if they continue to work hard like they have all season.

+ Reply to Thread