+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/12 Finale Results Show discussion *Spoilers*

Just curious if anyone has read and/or heard of a possible recount? My neighbor was over tonight and asked if I had heard that -- her granddaughters heard it on our local FOX News channel. I have searched everywhere and haven't seen anything.......just curious if anyone else did.

The rumor is that for the first hour, ALL of Kent's votes went to Lauren!

Now, just so you know, I live in Kent country, so it may very well be someone's overly active imagination "hearing" something. I just figured I would come where I've seen the best sleuthing EVER to see if anyone else heard the same thing?
    Team Kent SYTYCD!

Who is John Galt?

I thought the finale was great and the best dancer won. It was probably very close between Lauren and Kent, and either could have taken it, but Lauren was more consistently good. I was very happy with the top three and think the voters are becoming more educated about dance as time goes on (and therefore better able to discern who are really the best dancers - both in performance and technique).

Quote Originally Posted by Skeeter1;4036750;
    Just curious if anyone has read and/or heard of a possible recount? My neighbor was over tonight and asked if I had heard that -- her granddaughters heard it on our local FOX News channel. I have searched everywhere and haven't seen anything.......just curious if anyone else did.

The rumor is that for the first hour, ALL of Kent's votes went to Lauren!

Now, just so you know, I live in Kent country, so it may very well be someone's overly active imagination "hearing" something. I just figured I would come where I've seen the best sleuthing EVER to see if anyone else heard the same thing?
    I haven't heard it, but if you're in Kent country, that may be why.

Personally, if I were them I wouldn't worry about it - it's just more of a title anyway. Even with Lauren getting the money, they're all going to go on tour, and Kent should have very little trouble getting a job dancing somewhere.

He'll do fine, and I hope they don't do a recount UNLESS there is a true glitch for that reason. I'd hate for him to lose a lot of credibility if people complain he was cheated out of a title instead of congratulating both of the final two for a job well done.

Truly, that's what I wondered. We are welcoming Kent home in about 4 hours, so I guess I will know then or at the rally tomorrow. We are so proud of him, it doesn't matter to me -- although I can see where it does matter when you are talking $250,000 . I don't want to insinuate that I heard this from Kent or any of his family -- they aren't around here yet to talk to. I was just curious if anyone else heard it.

Believe me, we are very fond of "America's Favorite Male Dancer"
    Team Kent SYTYCD!

I think someone just had a little bit too much wine and let their imagination run wild.

Well, I hope not! they are 14 years old! LOL
    Team Kent SYTYCD!

14 year olds don't need wine to make the imagination run wild!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4036319;
    Nothing has been mentioned about the people who voted for Chike until he was voted out. Who did those people vote for once he was gone? If people liked Chike over Kent, it probably has to do with Kent's farm boy persona as opposed to Chike's great build and somewhat macho persona: a man's man so to speak. So Chike's voters, once he was gone, probably would not have voted for Kent. Their votes must have gone to Lauren. Why they wouldn't vote for Robert is open to speculation. Not macho enough?
    I don't have a clue where the Adechike votes went. I can only speak for myself, and I didn't vote for anyone. Everyone I had been voting for along with Adechike was gone, and I was fine with any of the three left winning.

I will probably get flamed for this but I never liked Laura, she used her sexuality to get to Vegas, very sexy dance routine for a 18 year old cheerleader....her dance routines used her sexuality to the fullest with barely there clothes and alot of hip shaking (that's all she did), her wardrobe "malfunction" left Nigel and Adam with their tongues even hanging even more and I am sure they would of loved to see some more. The two of them looked like horny old men at a strip club whenever she performed it was gross.

I think she won because she was the last female standing and I am sure even though the fans "vote" picks the "winner", I am sure Nigel and Adam picked her.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4037011;
    I don't have a clue where the Adechike votes went. I can only speak for myself, and I didn't vote for anyone. Everyone I had been voting for along with Adechike was gone, and I was fine with any of the three left winning.
    I actually did not think Adechike was very macho, despite his build and athleticism, at least in the interviews which seem to be what the OP was talking about, or what many people seem to be preoccupied. Not that it matters, (but we are discussing the 'macho' factor here) but at certain times my 'gaydar' would ping during A's interviews, actually, and it never really happened with the others. I thought Robert showed WAY more connection with his female partners, when given routines like the "pillow" one for instance. So, I think people may have been attracted to athletic Adechike--if that were the case the votes could easily go to Lauren; I think Robert and Kent had a smooth transitions between steps that may have made them seem less athletic Obviously, Kent is not quite as physically strong, but I think Robert actually is, it's just not as noticeable.
    Anyway, maybe those who thought Adechike's athletic dance was best would then go to Lauren, those who loved his smile might go to Kent, and the ones who thought he was 'hot' might choose Robert.
    Or not. Who knows--maybe after your favorite is gone, you pick someone totally different! I have often decided I thought a totally different dancer was better over the course of the show!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

+ Reply to Thread