+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/11 Finale Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 8/11 Finale Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4034372;
    I'm currently power-voting for Lauren. If she miraculously wins, it'll save S7 from being the worst.season.ever. for me... just ahead of S5.
    I completely disagree. I have loved this season. I think all the dancers were very strong. I also loved seeing the past contestants interact with the new ones. The dancers really seem more like a family and pull for each other. I'm just sorry there were so many injuries. Alex was my favorite, but at least he'll be back next year.
    Some of my favorite numbers were the ones Travis came up with for the 2 guys.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMom;4034483;
    I really wish that they didn't pimp Kent so much. It sounds like it has really hurt him by the number of people that don't like him. I completely LOVE watching Kent dance. For me, there is some magic in his moves. I just become completely enveloped in his performances. Unfortuately I don't think he's getting the credit his deserves from the fans because of the judges.
    I totally agree.

People get all wrapped up in who the best is.
    The goal of the show, and with American Idol, is to find America's favorite. We vote to keep our favorites in...and for our favorites to win.

I've been voting for Robert every week, because I truly felt Lauren and Kent were gonna be safe and make it all the way. I just didn't want Adechike or Billy or Jose to steal Robert's spot.

I did not vote last night.
    This is the final three I wanted from the beginning and I really don't care who wins, though I will be sad for the two that don't win.

FORT Fogey

I voted for Lauren only last night, I think she was the most versatile, and was very good (I remembered her/liked her) in more styles than the others. Sometimes Kent was over the top or not in character, sometimes Robert was just plain boring (the barbie/ken dance especially for me)...and Lauren has stood out for me from the beginning. I've loved watching her grow and develop into a powerful lady whether it's ballroom, latin, contemporary (the dance with Robert was fantastic by both of them), even hip hop. The polynesian feather wiggle was amazing... GO LAUREN

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyMom;4034483;
    I really wish that they didn't pimp Kent so much. It sounds like it has really hurt him by the number of people that don't like him. I completely LOVE watching Kent dance. For me, there is some magic in his moves. I just become completely enveloped in his performances. Unfortuately I don't think he's getting the credit his deserves from the fans because of the judges.
    I totally agree and feel the same way!

Everybody talks about not letting the pimping of the judges influence the way they feel, however, I think that those who dislike him as a result of being "over pimped" are being influenced every bit as much as those who believe every word out of the judges mouths.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;4034519;
    I completely disagree. I have loved this season. I think all the dancers were very strong. I also loved seeing the past contestants interact with the new ones. The dancers really seem more like a family and pull for each other. I'm just sorry there were so many injuries. Alex was my favorite, but at least he'll be back next year.

Sorry for the double post....but again, I agree. I think that, with the exception of two, the dancers were very strong across the board. Even with those two in the mix, there were no real TOTAL train wrecks. Yes, there were some less than stellar attempts, and some boring attempts, but I remember seasons where there were a good handful of totally painful dances.

And I wouldn't call a win by Lauren a miracle. I am actually expecting Lauren to win. I won't be totally surprised if it is a Kent win, but I see too many folks who said they were power voting for Lauren. I voted, but I wouldn't call it a power voting thing, and I honestly will be excited for either of the three. I can't even say that I confined my votes to one person (sad I know). The only one who would constitute a miracle of sorts would be Robert. However, I'm not even sure I'd find that beyond reason at this point.

FORT Fogey

I do wish that the vote determined the one who went home earlier than the final four or five!! the judges had too much control (picked the final 11, then didn't let Melinda OUT early)

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;4034554;
    II did not vote last night.
    This is the final three I wanted from the beginning and I really don't care who wins, though I will be sad for the two that don't win.
    I feel the same way. This is the first season I haven't had a clear favorite I wanted to win (since Alex's injury), and that I've really really liked all three finalists. It took me a while to warm up to Robert, but I've really been loving him these past couple weeks. It would be kind of cool to see him win because I know he's not expecting and the look on his face would be priceless. However, I will be happy for whoever does win and sad for the two who don't. I didn't vote - no way I could have picked who to vote for - but then, I haven't voted all season either.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Go Lauren! She did fabulous last night and the last few weeks that I have watched. I will confess that I haven't watched faithfully, but I think that Lauren really outshines the competition. Robert is good, Kent..errr...not so much. Something about him bugs me.

I did like that they were all so close and supportive of each other. That is a good thing.

BTW, I don't know if anyone mentioned this or not, but OMG all three of them were such total goofballs during the ending credits last night... if you didn't know it was the youngest finale ever before that, you did watching them scamper around the stage pulling faces at the camera!!!

It was cute, but it was definitely different...

The judges aren't affecting my opinion with Kent. I don't like him because of him, not because the judges are pimping him. I would actually argue that Lauren and Robert are more pimped than him, and I like both of them more than Kent. He just annoys me to no end. I honestly can't stand him.

Other people like him, other people don't. I know the point of the show is to find "America's Favorite Dancer," but it's not like I can't complain if (when?) he ends up winning. It's just my opinion.

As for getting caught up who the best dancer is as opposed to who's my favorite, my favorites are the people I deem as the best dancers. Simple as that. Well... sometimes I root for people because of their background in addition to their dancing (ie. Ashleigh with her underdog story), but I usually like the people who have been the most consistent.

Quote Originally Posted by klmom3;4034519;
    I didn't like this season for a number of reasons. I don't think it was the format change. I think it was the number of injuries, the lack of memorable dances, the predictability of Kent winning (if he doesn't win, I'll be shocked), and other reasons that I would post, but this thread is about to get locked up, so I'll leave it at that.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast