+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 8/11 Finale Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Ryan ~ Reid ~ Roberto ryanfan4vr's Avatar

Re: 8/11 Finale Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Okay, this is off topic and way late in the season to be asking this, but I looked back a few pages of threads and didn't see any that might have the answer to my question, but, can anyone tell me why Mary wasn't a judge this season? (I loved not hearing her scream, that's for sure!)

Thanks TopCat for the stats.

Now, do you have in your bag of tricks how many of the 8 were contemporary? I recall only the one with Kent. She danced with Ade a few times, but IIRC, those were broadway and jazz.

Thanks again !!!!!

Loved or liked all the routines tonight except the last.

Malegos, or whatever it was, the Tango between the boys : Worst Dance of the season, especially if you know anything about Tango, sad the show had to end on that note. They did plenty of tango moves, they just did them badly, probably taught quickly and perhaps poorly.

I'll be happy whoever wins, they are all great dancers.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 08-12-2010 at 01:03 AM.

FORT Fan

I can't help wondering how close the vote will be

I'm currently power-voting for Lauren. If she miraculously wins, it'll save S7 from being the worst.season.ever. for me... just ahead of S5.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4034366;
    Oh thank goodness I'm not the only one.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4034366;

Malegos, or whatever it was, the Tango between the boys : Worst Dance of the season, especially if you know anything about Tango, sad the show had to end on that note. They did plenty of tango moves, they just did them badly, probably taught quickly and perhaps poorly.

I'll be happy whoever wins, they are all great dancers.

I agree ... it was executed poorly, but I also didn't care for the choreography.

Thought both Robert and Lauren outdanced Kent by a wide margin tonight. Kent's best routine was with Allison and he didn't have much to do.

It shows that this is a young top 3. Lauren and Robert have never showed the finish to the movement that refined dancers like Kathryn and Katee did (my top fave girls) or Allison (all three of which carried weaker hip hop/breaker partners). But they did really grow this season and get close. I still think that Kathryn's ballroom was better. Season 5 was my least favorite season but I think this one beat it. I kindof want Robert for the win as I've liked his routines more the last few weeks, even though I think Lauren is within the top ten girls ever on the show and I don't think I'd say the same thing for Robert.

The judges had a theme based on blogs that they don't root for a particular dancer. I think, though, that they need to keep ratings up to continue my fave reality show. That requires a story. This year that was Kent and overpimping him. Every year they have to pretend that this was the best crop ever -- just like American Idol does. I hated the judging this year, which is sad because I used to think this was the best judged show of anything out there. Maybe it is because it is live this year.

To the Point

I will be happy with any of the three finalist taking the win. I like them all. I will, however, be very sad for the other two.

I really wish that they didn't pimp Kent so much. It sounds like it has really hurt him by the number of people that don't like him. I completely LOVE watching Kent dance. For me, there is some magic in his moves. I just become completely enveloped in his performances. Unfortuately I don't think he's getting the credit his deserves from the fans because of the judges.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast