+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Results 71 to 78 of 78

Thread: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

  1. #71
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    189

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4032926;
    I don't care how famous or good of a choreographer you are, first you gotta be a decent human being... with a spine
    Now there's a concept.

  2. #72
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4032597;
    Are you saying you've never seen her give a standing O other than to Richardson? For all I know you could be right because I don't pay that much attention to the judges but, yes I saw that video and here's another one where she says, "I'm shocked that AdeChike is in the top four because of the quality of dancers we've had".

    YouTube - ‪Mia Michaels Weighs In On "SYTYCD" Finalists‬‎

    What's shocking about him being in the top four? She goes on to day, "I love Lauren and Kent. I love Robert too."
    Not a word about Chike except, "I'm shocked AdeChike is in the top four." I wonder what she would have said if Jose had been in the top four.

    I was waiting for her to use the excuse she used when she kept trashing Brandon and she said, "I tend to be harder on the best dancers".

    I wonder which comments Nigel reads. The ones on facebook, the ones on Fox message boards. I thought maybe the reason Mia left last year was because of everyone's comments and that maybe they brought her back with the stipulation that she tone down a bit and there may be a hint of that in this other video where she does say she has to watch how she says things.

    Considering Alex, Billy and Ashley (I believe it was Ashley that was injured and couldn't continue, and was Mia's favorite female at that point), are better dancers than AdeChike, as a judge and choreographer, she was shocked. Just as she would have been shocked if Jose was in the final 4. AdeChike has heart, but heart can only get him so far.

  3. #73
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by queenb;4032939;
    Well, for me, it's pretty shocking that he was there when I think about past season's Top 4, and can't think of a one that wasn't better. And it's nothing to do with Adechike as a person, and everything to do with what kind of dancer he is--in my opinion, he is the kind that really wasn't quite ready this year and got kept around due to other's injuries and the fact that the public doesn't 'like' Billy who was in my opinion by far the superior dancer.
    While I see your point, I think what killed Billy in the end was that he sat out a week in spite of the fact that he was cleared to dance, and then the next week he danced TOO well that people questioned if his injury was serious enough that he needed to be "better safe than sorry" and sit out the next week.

    When you do something like that - make people question how serious you were injured, then it'll affect you long time. Even I thought that week Billy was the better dancer (for once) than AdeC, but when he sits out the week prior and then Nigel calls him out for choosing to do that instead of dance (and knowing we had a dancer not make the finals who danced with a pulled hamstring, again knowing it could eliminate him from the contest due to injury), it seriously harmed him in the end IMHO.

    People like those who dance through adversity or injury - and Billy, instead of doing that, chose to sit out. Right or wrong for him will always be up for debate; however, the eyes of the public that then the near miraculous recovery in the dances he had the next week sealed his fate because people questioned the injury.

    I don't like Mia's personality, but I do agree that standing O is given far too often, kind of like making sure every single kid that plays a sport gets a trophy; it no longer means much.

    I don't see how mia could be labeled racist either, given her past support of dancers like Will, Danny, Twitch, Alex, and (can't think of the Japanese breaker who was on a few seasons ago)
    I think the whole thing with Mia is that she was so cruel to AdeC in his first Bollywood - never mind that he couldn't help that Alex couldn't dance and he got a different partner. Personally, I think a dance with him and Alex would've been phenomenal because I noticed AdeC would use that energy in his dancing as well. We may have seen the best Bollywood they've ever had IMHO.

    And worse - she has never stopped questioning AdeC's worth the whole season IMHO. Even her one apology to the Bollywood issue (where she said that she wished Alex was there to see HIM dance), was more of an explanation of why she said it instead of a simple "I'm sorry I was overly harsh about your dance" and move on. That "apology" IMHO labeled her for the rest of the season (and after reading comments about him post show and the "America got it right" comment in threads like this), probably for a long time.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>

    As far as AdeC leaving - while I hate the comments made by a couple of the judges, I do agree this time it's the right choice.

    Why you may ask? - for the very reason we're debating. There's no way they'd let AdeC get great comments in the finale, even if he danced to the level of Alex or Billy. I wouldn't want to see him go through that vitriol during the biggest night of his life, so I'm glad he left in a very respectable fourth place.

    AdeC admittedly was my favorite dancer behind Alex, and will admit had Alex not been injured the final three would've been very different given Alex had about as large a fanbase as Kent does. So, admittedly, Robert too should be glad a couple of injuries helped get him as far as he has.

    He has nothing to be ashamed of, and I'm glad he's taken a classier stance on Mia than the reverse. Says a lot about the man, and I wish him the best.

  4. #74
    FORT Fan
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    189

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*


  5. #75
    FORT Fogey Bet2Win's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,871

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock;4033361;
    While I see your point, I think what killed Billy in the end was that he sat out a week in spite of the fact that he was cleared to dance, and then the next week he danced TOO well that people questioned if his injury was serious enough that he needed to be "better safe than sorry" and sit out the next week.

    When you do something like that - make people question how serious you were injured, then it'll affect you long time. Even I thought that week Billy was the better dancer (for once) than AdeC, but when he sits out the week prior and then Nigel calls him out for choosing to do that instead of dance (and knowing we had a dancer not make the finals who danced with a pulled hamstring, again knowing it could eliminate him from the contest due to injury), it seriously harmed him in the end IMHO.

    People like those who dance through adversity or injury - and Billy, instead of doing that, chose to sit out. Right or wrong for him will always be up for debate; however, the eyes of the public that then the near miraculous recovery in the dances he had the next week sealed his fate because people questioned the injury.



    I think the whole thing with Mia is that she was so cruel to AdeC in his first Bollywood - never mind that he couldn't help that Alex couldn't dance and he got a different partner. Personally, I think a dance with him and Alex would've been phenomenal because I noticed AdeC would use that energy in his dancing as well. We may have seen the best Bollywood they've ever had IMHO.
    And worse - she has never stopped questioning AdeC's worth the whole season IMHO. Even her one apology to the Bollywood issue (where she said that she wished Alex was there to see HIM dance), was more of an explanation of why she said it instead of a simple "I'm sorry I was overly harsh about your dance" and move on. That "apology" IMHO labeled her for the rest of the season (and after reading comments about him post show and the "America got it right" comment in threads like this), probably for a long time.

    >>>>>>>>>>>>>

    As far as AdeC leaving - while I hate the comments made by a couple of the judges, I do agree this time it's the right choice.

    Why you may ask? - for the very reason we're debating. There's no way they'd let AdeC get great comments in the finale, even if he danced to the level of Alex or Billy. I wouldn't want to see him go through that vitriol during the biggest night of his life, so I'm glad he left in a very respectable fourth place.

    AdeC admittedly was my favorite dancer behind Alex, and will admit had Alex not been injured the final three would've been very different given Alex had about as large a fanbase as Kent does. So, admittedly, Robert too should be glad a couple of injuries helped get him as far as he has.

    He has nothing to be ashamed of, and I'm glad he's taken a classier stance on Mia than the reverse. Says a lot about the man, and I wish him the best.

    When I saw Mia's critique the first time, I was horrified. When I watched it the second time, I wondered if when she said she missed Alex she meant what you have said here. The judges remarked that the producers mentioned AdeC and Alex were phenomenal during rehearsal.

    I was hoping that AdeC would be in the final 3 over Robert. I love AdeC, and I think he will do better in the long run career wise than Robert.

  6. #76
    Misanthropic Momma Jezebella's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Chilly Colorado
    Posts
    480

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    "I don't see how mia could be labeled racist either, given her past support of dancers like Will, Danny, Twitch, Alex, and (can't think of the Japanese breaker who was on a few seasons ago) "

    You'd be thinking of Hok, who danced that beautiful Hummingbird piece. Ahhh that was exquisite!

  7. #77
    Yoffy lifts a finger... fluff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Posts
    43,485

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    I don't think Mia's particularly eloquent nor do I think she tries to spare the dancer's feelings.
    When she said she missed Alex, she might well have meant that she heard the duo was great and would have loved to see them dance together.
    With Mia though, it's just as likely she meant it exactly as it sounded.

    I like Adam as a judge and liked how he worked with Nigel and Mary. I don't like the trio of Nigel, Mia and Adam.
    Mia and Adam seem very giggly and childish together.
    "That's Numberwang!"

  8. #78
    FORT Fogey jadewarlock's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,183

    Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

    Quote Originally Posted by fluff;4033767;
    I don't think Mia's particularly eloquent nor do I think she tries to spare the dancer's feelings.
    When she said she missed Alex, she might well have meant that she heard the duo was great and would have loved to see them dance together.
    With Mia though, it's just as likely she meant it exactly as it sounded.

    I like Adam as a judge and liked how he worked with Nigel and Mary. I don't like the trio of Nigel, Mia and Adam.
    Mia and Adam seem very giggly and childish together.
    Sadly, the way it came out was the way it was interpreted: When she said she missed Alex, it was not just because dance itself, but because she didn't like AdeC's interpretation at all. It got worse - sadly - because Cat called her (well the whole panel) out for praising Jose's different take on the dance.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.