+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 8/5 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4026258;
    Watching AdéChiké do his solo with that gym-pumped body made me think of something. I wonder if the muscle development is what is working against him when he tries to do Jazz and other styles that require a loose feel. The muscles help with strength, precision, and extension. But they hinder a loose, rubbery, limber style. That would also explain why Kent and Billy handle those styles better.
    Umm.. I only said this about 10 times already. O.K. maybe not 10, but several times I mentioned his build as a reason why he's can't loosen up. I even mentioned that we used to call that "muscle bound".

FORT Fan

I'm very disappointed that Ade got sent home. I have to admit that Robert deserves to be there, but I was sure Ade would stay. So much for my intuition.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4026678;
    Umm.. I only said this about 10 times already. O.K. maybe not 10, but several times I mentioned his build as a reason why he's can't loosen up. I even mentioned that we used to call that "muscle bound".
    Relax. You didn't say that in THIS thread did you? Its a bit much on a message board with thousands of posters to expect someone to know your history of posting beyond that day's thread.

Also, beware the "umm". It sounds pretty dismissive of whoever's being replied to, and I'm not sure that was your intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface;4026537;
    Well Cat looked great tonight, finally!
    Dear dear Cat. A slave to her stylists! But seriously, I wonder how often the mistakes are her over-ruling them, or whether its them over-ruling her.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27;4026353;
    Well, now I can just relax and watch the finale. The last of my favs are gone: Alexie, Alex, Ashley, and Adechike. May the best dancer win!
    So... you have an "A" fixation?
    Last edited by Krom; 08-06-2010 at 02:00 AM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Ummm...I think Krom was only trying to be helpful and his points about posting etiquette, how things might be perceived, seemed valid to me. Of course you are free to take his comments however you wish.

I agree that the muscle boundness of AdeChike may have hampered more than helped him and if he dances more (to build lean long muscle) and works out less (so he can lose some of the bulk not needed for dancing) I think it will benefit him in his future career.

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4026768;
    Dear dear Cat. A slave to her stylists! But seriously, I wonder how often the mistakes are her over-ruling them, or whether its them over-ruling her.
    I've often wondered this myself. I've even heard rumors she is her own stylist, which I think can be kind of like trying to be your own lawyer: you end up with a fool for a client. Whatever goes on back there in the deep dark dressing room we never know how Cat will look any given show, hideous or gorgeous. Keeps it exciting I guess.

I hope Lauren is going home next, she can't compare to Robert and Kent....though Kent will take it, I am happy with either one of them, they have been awesome all season long.

This is going to sound over the top, but it's true: Kent has become one of my least favorite reality TV contestants ever. I groan every time he comes on my screen, especially when he plays up to the camera with his faces. It sucks that he's probably going to win this season.

That's why I'm still hoping for a shocking Lauren win. She has been the best dancer this season IMO and is Kent's biggest competition. If Cat wasn't lying about the 2% gap, then a Lauren win might actually happen.

On a snarky note: Gatorade ads usually showcase tough-looking athletes (like this). Can you just imagine Kent in those ads?

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;4026148;
    Is the general feeling that a female only wins this show when there's no young male dancer present which viewers (of either gender, if you include all sexual preferences) can fool themselves into thinking they could somehow date?
    No, Sabra beat tween favorite Neil in S3. The tween vote is hard to overcome, but it can be done!
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;4026883;
    This is going to sound over the top, but it's true: Kent has become one of my least favorite reality TV contestants ever. I groan every time he comes on my screen, especially when he plays up to the camera with his faces. It sucks that he's probably going to win this season.
    I could not stand Kent at first but he won me over little by little. I think part of his problem is that he's a mouth breather. Maybe a bit of a sinus problem there. Could be that's why his mouth is always open.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by dreamonia;4026881;
    I hope Lauren is going home next, she can't compare to Robert and Kent....
    1) No one's going home next. Next week's the finale.
    2) LOL

I think Lauren is easily the most 'deserving' of the three. She's been the most consistent and versatile dancer this season. And she's the total package with the personality and likability to go with it.

But the best or most deserving never wins.... so, congrats Kent.

FORT Regular

Crossing Guard, I totally agree with you about Kent. He has annoyed me from day one. Lauren will be getting all my votes.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast