+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Re: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;4028791;
    This show is really going down hill. I certainly cannot stomach the judges anymore. They need to have rotating judges next year. They said Neil was outdanced by Kent a few weeks ago and Robert was better than Dominic. It is like Adam is not even aware that the clown routine was supposed to be hip hop and Robert's dancing didn't resemble hip hop at all. It is like Adam only cares for dancing that looks like cheesy broadway. And if that is the case, they should have just crowned Kent as the winner a long time ago. Oh wait ... lol. It's just annoying and I fast fowarded through most of the judges comments anyway.
    Hmmm... let's see... I take it you don't care much for Mr. Shankman?

IMO he's actually the one that gives the most constructive criticism. Mia can be downright cruel at time and a total airhead others. Nigel is often quite wishy washy (eg. one week telling Robert how much he has grown and then the very next week telling him how's he's not grown at all... at least that is how I recall his comments, obviously I'm paraphrasing). Yes, Adam can often be a bit over-the-top gushy but from where I'm sitting (as anything BUT a trained dancer) when he gives a critique it actually makes sense and is something the dancer can worker on.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

And we sang our Hallelujah's when Mary was replaced. Who knew that a weekly sledgehammer from Mia would be as annoying as it has been? No reason to be a beyotch every single week. Critique, yes. And the occasional blasting of someone that just didn't put in the effort (not sure I've seen that more than 1 time this year, but it happens) - fine as well. But good grief - the rudeness and condescension from her is awful.

Mind you - I don't want cacklefest to return ... but maybe Mia every 3rd week instead would be preferable. Oh, and don't get smug "I can be more condescending than Mia ... just watch me) Tyce up there either - he's worse. Nigel is ok - he seems blind to certain things, yes - but he's at least not horrendously annoying. Adam is good, and usually constructive. Bring back some Lil C or Sonia as judges.

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mbcrowder;4031188;
    {snip} Bring back some Lil C or Sonia as judges.
    Oh gosh, no no no no no... anyone but Lil C. Pppppplease!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

8/2/64 until forever! AZChristian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4031725;
    Amen!!!!
    Warning . . . I have a black belt in Facebook, and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M;4031725;
    Me three--I do NOt want a judge who never says anything anyone can understand!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

FORT Fogey

Something has to be done about the judging table. This season has been so painful to watch, I don't see how they can do another season with Mia there every week. It's just torture for the viewers and the contestants. What about Toni Redpath? We were sorely lacking a ballroom expert this season, and she seemed to give tactful critcism to the dancers, as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678