+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

I would be pleased with a win by Robert, Lauren, or Kent. All three are outstanding dancers and performers. All three will have successful careers as will Billy and Alex. Adechike has loads of talent but needs a lot more training.

I could see both Robert and Kent in a remake of Seven Brides for Seven Brothers with Kent playing Gideon and Robert as Ephraim or Dan.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4024866;
    AdeC is not weak. On the contrary, he's very strong. That is part of the problem. Where Kent is weak and therefore has trouble with lifts, AdeC is so strong and muscular, he has trouble letting loose. "Weak" is not the right word. One could say he is the most in need of improvement but that's not quite right either. Plus the judges praised him tonight for how much he's improving

He could be a contendah.
    AdeC i not tight in the upper body. To be that mean he is stiff. For weeks now he has been interpreting the cheography and making it his own. his dance is captivating. Just when he finishes dancing, the judges pour cold water on the audience by saying negative things. When you are not an expert and the judges talk about being loose etc, you take thier word and agree with them because you assume they are right. It is obvious the judges want Kent to win. The last few weeks, Kent's dance has been without character and the judges praise him. Lauren when she danced with the all-star female, was totally outdanced, it was not funny. The judges complimented her on how she outdanced the all star female dancer.

Last week, Adam started to praise AdeC saying how he (Adam) had been lost in Ade's dance. Then Cat told him she would not start with him again, His next words for tthe rest of Ade's comments were very negative. I do not know if anyone noticed the sudden change. It is getting a bit too obvious to me, I am not enjoying the sho.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4024670;
    These judges just want Ade to go...they didn't want him this far..they sure as heck don't want him in the final 2. I have no doubt that they are pissed he has never been in the bottom 3 at all this season.
    It is sooo obvious. It is seeming like they are afraid he will end up in the final 3 and maybe been their fave Kent to the post. Yes, the first few go on to have better carears, so they will prefer to push their faves to the end.

FORT Fan

I'm kind of believing it's not the 'real' final 4 with the injuries. If Alex and that girl were still in it, who would be the top 4? I think Ade's video was so moving it's going to usher him into the top 3.

I could also live without the political commentary from Adam.

Alex needs the most improvement. Lauren has improved the most but I thought Allison danced circles around her last week and was thinking, oh man, she's about to be skewered, and they praised her!

I really like Neil and Kent dancing together.

Can I just say how obnoxious Mia Michaels is? I'm sorry, I have to mute her ...and the tears, spare me....she is one pathetic woman. I would like for Robert to win or Kent. Lauren is great but the wow factor rests with the two guys this time. Either one would be great. To me when I watched A it was just obvious that he is a very, very good dancer but not on the level of the others just yet.

FORT Regular

AdeC i not tight in the upper body. To be that mean he is stiff. For weeks now he has been interpreting the cheography and making it his own. his dance is captivating. Just when he finishes dancing, the judges pour cold water on the audience by saying negative things. When you are not an expert and the judges talk about being loose etc, you take thier word and agree with them because you assume they are right. It is obvious the judges want Kent to win. The last few weeks, Kent's dance has been without character and the judges praise him. Lauren when she danced with the all-star female, was totally outdanced, it was not funny. The judges complimented her on how she outdanced the all star female dancer.
    I danced for 20 years and am quite capable of forming my own opinion. Kent is an excellent dancer, much better than Adechike or Robert who, yes, do have upper body issues. I'm not saying he will win, or should win. But the lad can dance.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by Living;4025493;

Last week, Adam started to praise AdeC saying how he (Adam) had been lost in Ade's dance. Then Cat told him she would not start with him again, His next words for tthe rest of Ade's comments were very negative. I do not know if anyone noticed the sudden change. It is getting a bit too obvious to me, I am not enjoying the sho.
    Actually AdeC is very tight in the upper body whether one chooses to see it or not. There are lots of things the judges say that I just don't see, however, I commented on this with my family way before the judges mentioned it. Just because the judges say it doesn't make it so, however, just because the judges say it doesn't make it false either. They are trained and they are often correct in what they say when they are actually talking about technique, and this is a technique issue. It is an issue that should be very easily corrected with some work, but right now it is an issue.

FORT Fogey

I am rooting for Lauren. The judges, in their effort to point out AdeC's faults are stimulating sympathy votes. He is just not as good as the others. But as Nigel has said, this is about America's favorite dancer, not necessarily the best dancer.

I adore Cat, she is the best host out of them all, including non reality shows. It comes as no surprise that she does not have a stylist. I think she needs one though. It is hit and miss with her and mostly misses for my taste.

I am annoyed that I could not get through to vote last night at all!!

My first choice to win, by far, is Kent. My second choice is Lauren, followed by AdeC. The only person I would be truly upset to see win is Robert.

I'm still sad that Alex had to drop out. His "psychologist" dance with Twitch was probably my favorite routine of the season. I'm looking forward to seeing him next season!

I wonder if they keep the all-star format next season if we will see a different set of all-stars. I would like to see some variety in the all-stars from season to season.

FORT Fogey

This show is really going down hill. I certainly cannot stomach the judges anymore. They need to have rotating judges next year. They said Neil was outdanced by Kent a few weeks ago and Robert was better than Dominic. It is like Adam is not even aware that the clown routine was supposed to be hip hop and Robert's dancing didn't resemble hip hop at all. It is like Adam only cares for dancing that looks like cheesy broadway. And if that is the case, they should have just crowned Kent as the winner a long time ago. Oh wait ... lol. It's just annoying and I fast fowarded through most of the judges comments anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast