+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 8/4 Performance Show discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;4024780;
    "...needs fired" Yup - you're from Pittsburgh! I love it.
    well I could have said "younze" need to get a poll going concerning her style choices, but I figured that was a dead give away!...
    Last edited by fan*addict; 08-05-2010 at 06:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nabrudigam;4024823;
    The clips are shown as they fit into a certain time frame around the commercials.. As for the comments by the judges towards AdeC, as Adam Shankman put it some weeks ago, (when everyone was complaining about Mia's remarks) the comments are to help them, make them better and help them win. Those are Adam's exact words so, if you take those words literally, then they are trying to help him win, not get rid of him.
    so right!..and AdeC has yet to actually take these words and USE them in his dance. He may say "ok" but he isn't putting that into action!..the others have taken the criticism and USED it in their dance...even Kent knows he has to watch the "cheese" factor.

I have read on several websites that Cat does not have a stylist- she picks all her own clothes and reworks them if they are too short/long etc. I don't know if that means she does her own hair or not or just her own clothes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maybaybie;4025043;
    I have read on several websites that Cat does not have a stylist- she picks all her own clothes and reworks them if they are too short/long etc. I don't know if that means she does her own hair or not or just her own clothes.
    Well lately her style choice (clothing/hair) must be related to her self-stated dance skills (or lack there of)..

Of course, she is the "Hostess with the Mostest", her personality is endearing and I think she is the best host of any of the Reality shows out there! She is never self-indulging, always is respectful, defends the dancers, and "strokes the egos' of the judges" all while keeping that lovely smile on her face!

To the Point

Regarding AdeC, I love him. I think he has skill, I think he is a really nice looking guy, and he seems like a really nice guy. I have voted for him when I thought he was in danger of going before he should have, however, he is the "weakest" of the four left. I have found it frustrating that he hasn't been able to make the changes that the judges have been pressing for over the season. The thing that they have said week after week is that he is too tight through the chest. He has this great body, but without extending through his chest and arms it feels as if he dances "small". Last night as I was watching the show I wondered if maybe he doesn't totally get what they are saying, or maybe he thinks he's making the changes but isn't quite getting it. If this is the case I hope that someone, somewhere will help him to improve in this area because I think he has potential to be a tremendous dancer. Of the other three, I can live with any of them winning. I've been a huge Kent fan from the beginning. I've loved Lauren pretty much the whole time, and I've even voted to keep Robert in it because I feel that he has the ability and can dance beautifully. A win by any of these three would make me happy for the winner, and a little bit sad for whoever doesn't win.

To the Point

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;4025071;
    Well lately her style choice (clothing/hair) must be related to her self-stated dance skills (or lack there of)..

Of course, she is the "Hostess with the Mostest", her personality is endearing and I think she is the best host of any of the Reality shows out there! She is never self-indulging, always is respectful, defends the dancers, and "strokes the egos' of the judges" all while keeping that lovely smile on her face!
    Sorry for the back to back post....

Really, I'm just going to pretend that she has a horrible stylist who needs to be fired. It really does make me smile/cringe to think she is responsible for her lack of style, but how can you not love Cat?! She's the best. You can tell that all of the dancers love her.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by NCLurker;4025086;
    Regarding AdeC, I love him. I have found it frustrating that he hasn't been able to make the changes that the judges have been pressing for over the season.
    Have you ever gone to the doctor and just before he stabs you with a needle or something he says "Relax"? Some people will actually tense up. I know, I used to do that. As soon as I heard "Relax", I'd tense up because I knew something bad was coming. I think this may be AdeC's problem. Every time he hears "relax", he gets worse. Their very remarks are making him tense up. I still love him tho'.

I'm sure they will work with him when they're on tour.
    Last edited by nabrudigam; 08-05-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Me: OK, son - make sure you do the dishes, clean your room, and put away the XBox before I get home.
    Son: Yes sir, ok, I will.
    Then I get home and none of that was done.

This is what Adechiike reminds me of. Nod and smile, nod and smile, say whatever you have to in order to get the conversation over. Then forget it all.

Hoping Lauren wins ... but not expecting it. If Kent wins, I hope Lauren was 2nd. If Robert or Adechiike wins, I may not watch anymore.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by lisab0105;4024824;
    I don't think Ade is the weakest remaining at all...for his solo's alone I think he is heads and tales above the remaining. His partnering maybe could use work..but by himself..he is in a class of his own IMO.
    I agree - Robert to me is the most boring of the remaining...because it is our favorite, who reaches and touches us, not the strongest. I try to give him a chance each week, and FF through every time!

Split my votes Lauren (my fav) and Ade...but kept thinking of Alex

FORT Fan

I think Lauren or Kent will win and yet----there's this nagging voice in my head that says AdeC will win. It's more than just a desire for him to win. Can't explain it. Just a feeling. The the feeling I had when I said Russell would win last year and people dismissed it as wishful thinking. Not here tho'. I wasn't on this board then..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast